Demon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Community Chest 4 > Why I haven't been productive.

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 14:27. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Cadman
I'm not supposed to be here...no really

Hiya guys! Sorry I haven't been productive lately...my old computer crashed and burned on me and I've been offline. I just put together a new machine with the following specs...

Intel Core i7 processor 2.66ghz
12 Gigs of DDR3 memory on the motherboard
2 9800 GT Nvidia cards with 512 megs each card in SLI mode
1 Terabyte Hard Drive
Vista Home Premium (64-bit)

All my Doom games run perfectly and my editor Deepsea works very nice on it. The installer for Deepsea doesn't work because it's 16-bit, but I manually setup my directories and everything works fine and dandy. My resolution is at 1440 x 900 with no clitches.

Green Herring...I just wanted to update you on my status and let you know that I'm back to work on my map. It's good to be back...

BTW, Doom3 works very well at the highest settings, it's good to see it with all the bells and whistles working!

I'm a DoomGod! (Yeah, right!!)

Old Post 05-17-09 21:01 #
Cadman is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Torn
google is your master

Cadman said:

All my Doom games run perfectly and my editor Deepsea works very nice on it. The installer for Deepsea doesn't work because it's 16-bit, but I manually setup my directories and everything works fine and dandy. My resolution is at 1440 x 900 with no clitches.

Heh, of course it should run the game and the editors perfectly. :P

Old Post 05-20-09 20:25 #
Torn is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
udderdude

Doom 3 is 5 years old now. It runs perfectly on my PC at 1920x1200, and mine is about 2 years old. It's not surprising it runs that well on a recent PC with those specs. With a PC like that, you'd have no problem running more recent games. What are you going to do with 12 GB of RAM, btw? Render some 3D animations or HD videos? :P

Last edited by udderdude on 05-20-09 at 21:57

Old Post 05-20-09 21:33 #
udderdude is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Jimmy
doesn't rhyme with MIDI :(

Cadman said:
1 Terabyte Hard Drive

Bloody hell, they're doing those now? That's a lot of jiggabites. o_O

Old Post 05-20-09 22:00 #
Jimmy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Morpheus

They've been doing them for a long time.

Though, they're a bit expensive if you're planning to get a good quality HD.

Old Post 05-21-09 13:25 #
Morpheus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Espi
Möh.

Does it sound like a vacuum cleaner?

Old Post 05-21-09 15:35 #
Espi is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
The Ultimate DooMer
(former) /newstuff Chronicler

Cadman said:
Intel Core i7 processor 2.66ghz
12 Gigs of DDR3 memory on the motherboard
2 9800 GT Nvidia cards with 512 megs each card in SLI mode
1 Terabyte Hard Drive
Vista Home Premium (64-bit)

That's a real beast...but it's only as strong as it's weakest bit :P

Old Post 05-22-09 00:17 #
The Ultimate DooMer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Torn
google is your master

Morpheus said:
They've been doing them for a long time.

Though, they're a bit expensive if you're planning to get a good quality HD.

Not really. You can a good quality HD at 1TB here in Denmark for about 100-120$. I guess it is much lower anywhere else.

Old Post 06-01-09 06:36 #
Torn is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote