Mancubus
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Community Chest 4 > CC4 Map12 : Fields Of Desolation (5%)

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 09:03. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Morpheus

Sorry for Dr.Kelexo's map, but i had to start from scratch, as i can't work on a concept map of another person.

Anyway, i've got some screens to show. Map is around 5%.

http://morpheus.podzone.net/files/s...1011_211527.png

http://morpheus.podzone.net/files/s...1011_211546.png

http://morpheus.podzone.net/files/s...1011_211556.png

Old Post 10-11-09 20:24 #
Morpheus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Nebula-Kristian

Nice use of textures in shots 2 & 3. Shot 1 could have for example some water streams in it, but it looks otherwise good too :) Keep up the good work!

Old Post 10-11-09 21:22 #
Nebula-Kristian is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Morpheus

Another screen for your entertainment. :P

http://morpheus.podzone.net/files/s...1012_212357.png

Old Post 10-12-09 20:27 #
Morpheus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
esselfortium
A Major Doomworld Concern

Shots 2 and 3 are nice, though the orange lights built flat onto the walls used as supports in shot 2, as well as the door built completely flush against the wall with no doorframe, look wonky to me.

Shot 1 doesn't convince me at all, I'm sorry to say.
For one thing, everything is the same height on top: you've got a completely flat line where the rocks and everything else meet the sky. They don't all need to be 1-sided walls, so you could very effectively turn the rock walls into raised-floor sectors at varying heights, building some nice smoothly-shaped layers (a la SID.WAD or what have you) to give them a more realistic, natural feel.
In addition, the gray concrete overhang on the left just sort of sticks out of the rock with what looks like support textures or something stuck onto the edges of it. Make the entire building stick out from the rock a bit, possibly vertically as well (this should be doable once the rocks to the sides of it have been turned into raised floors), so it actually looks like a building that's been built into the face of the cliff rather than...well, whatever it looks like it is now.

The new shot looks like N5 texture overload, and the floor could use a point of visual interest in the center, possibly something brown (or maybe even tan, depending), to reflect the gray/brown theme from the walls and ceiling. Also, Light Does Not Work That Way(TM).

Old Post 10-12-09 20:42 #
esselfortium is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Morpheus

TBH, the rocky area doesn't convince me, too.

I'll be sure to follow your suggestions, essel. Thank you very much. :)

Old Post 10-12-09 20:48 #