Ouchface
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Community Chest 4 > The New Community Chest 4 Sign-Up Thread (SUBMISSIONS CLOSED!)
Pages (10): [1] 2 3 4 » ... Last »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 01:52. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

UPDATE (Oct. 10 2011, 1:47 PM PDT): The deadline for submissions to this project is November 16, 2011. After that deadline, no new submissions will be accepted. No exceptions.

UPDATE (Nov. 17 2011, 9:48 AM PST): For the time being, submissions are officially closed! Thank you for your hard work!

Here is the new sign-up thread for Community Chest 4, with new submission rules. Please read these rules and the rules for this project as a whole as closely as possible!

If you intend to design a level for this project, follow this step-by-step guide:
  1. Copy, paste, and fill out this form:
    code:
    Episode: Which Doom II "episode" you want your level to be in. Episode 1 is MAP01-11, Episode 2 is MAP12-20, and Episode 3 is MAP21-32. All episodes are separated by their sky textures; click each of the links in the previous sentence to see them. If you intend to design for any of the special map slots (see under this step-by-step guide,) specify it here. Title: What your level's title should be. If you haven't come up with a title yet, just put "undecided"; you can give it a title later, or I can give it a title for you. Filename: What the filename of your submitted WAD will be. For the sake of easy organization, the filename should be "CC4_" followed by an abbrevation of your name. (e.g. mine would be "CC4_TGH.WAD".) Texture Code: Also for the sake of easy organization, a three-letter code based on your name must be prefixed to any custom textures you use apart from the CC4 resource pack. This is where you write that code. (e.g. mine would be "TGH".) MIDI: What song your level will use as its background music. If you're going to make your own music, say "custom." Name to be Credited Under: This is the name you would like to be credited under, in case you don't want to use your Doomworld handle.
  2. Post it in this thread.
  3. Start working on your level and finish it as soon as you can. Please submit it to each of the playtesters when you have a beta ready; if a tester does not have an accessible e-mail, you can upload it on a temporary upload site such as Speedy Share or Rapidshare and PM the link to them.
  4. Once your level is finished, submit it to eabaker(at)san(dot)rr(dot)com and the(dot)eternal(dot)ruler(at)gmail(dot)com, with "(dot)" replaced with "." and "(at)" replaced with "@". (I'm writing them this way to ward off spambots.) This is so in case one address fails to get your e-mail for whatever reason, I can retrieve it from the inbox of the other. If you don't wish to e-mail the file, you may PM me a download link for your level at a file upload site, as described in step 3, and I will send it to both my addresses for safekeeping.
That's it! If you intend to be a playtester, just give us the name you want to be credited under and you're good to go.

Here are additional rules to take into consideration before you sign up as a designer:
  • Just because you signed up doesn't mean your level will be in the WAD just yet. Your level is only guaranteed to be in the WAD once you finish and submit it. So if you think you have to make the biggest, longest, and hardest level you can, please don't worry about it; just make a level of any length, size, and difficulty to the best of your ability, and finish and submit it as soon as possible. The levels will be rearranged according to those aspects during compilation.
  • Within the three map groups, there is a progress meter showing how many levels are finished for each group. When every level is finished in any group, you can no longer sign up or submit a level for that group. Work as quickly as you can so you don't lose your chance!
  • All submitted levels will be checked for quality before being marked as finished, but not to an overly strict extent. This is just to prevent people from simply banging out jokewads and filling the WAD with them.
  • You can sign up for only three maps at a time. This includes any levels you have already submitted and are marked as finished in the roster below.
  • There are certain map slots that have special effects associated with them. Any of them can be signed up for by more than one person, as long as there isn't a finished map for that slot. As with the map groups, though, once there is a finished level for that slot, you can no longer sign up or submit a level for that slot. Because these special effects are associated with those slots and those slots only, they will not be moved during compilation. They are:
    code:
    * MAP07: On this level, sectors marked with tag 666 will have their floors lower to the lowest adjacent floor when all mancubi on the level are killed. In addition, sectors marked with tag 667 will have their floors rise to the height of their shortest lower texture when every arachnotron on the level is dead. Please note, however, that you do not have to use them; you should register in this slot only if you intend to use them in your level. * MAP15: This is one of only two levels where the secret exit linedefs function; in this case, they will send you to MAP31. * MAP31: This is the other level where the secret exit linedefs work; in this case, they will send you to MAP32. You can only get here from MAP15, and exiting this level takes you to MAP16. Authors are encouraged to be especially creative here. ;) * MAP32: There are no special effects associated with this level, but you can only get here from MAP31, and exiting the level sends you to MAP16. Authors are encouraged to be especially creative here. ;) * MAP30: There's no special effect associated with this level either, but this is the final level in the WAD; when you exit, the game ends. Be as grandiose as you can!
And now, here is the current roster. They will be listed with their titles first, folllowed by the author's name and their Doomworld handle. Finished and submitted levels will be listed at the top, and have the authors' names in underlined text. The special map slots will be displayed at the bottom of each episode. Remember that any number of people can sign up for each group or special map slot; there is no limit!
code:
- Episode 1 (MAP01-11; white, cloudy sky) - Current Progress: 11/11 (closed for submissions!) * Polluted Paths by Forty-Two (stewboy) [CC4_STEW] * Three is a Charm by James "Phobus" Cresswell (Phobus) [CC4_PH] * Inner Fear by Dutch Devil (dutch devil) [CC4_MD] * Installation Decrepit by Alice Jameson (Alice Jameson) [CC4_ALIC] * Survival Instincts by Adam Windsor (Capellan) [CC4_CAP] * Hoedown by James "Phobus" Cresswell (Phobus) [CC4_PH2] * Ochregerde by William Huber ([WH]-Wilou84) [CC4_WH2] * The Grotto by Christoph / Joshy (Christoph / Joshy) [CC4_Grotto] * Renewed Faith by William Huber ([WH]-Wilou84) [CC4_WH3; MAP01!] * Cold Reception by Mithran Denizen (Mithran Denizen) [CC4_MDEN] * Slugfest by skillsaw (skillsaw) [cc4-skillsaw; episode 1 or 2] - Episode 2 (MAP12-20; starry sky) - Current Progress: 8/9 * Metastasize by Andy Leaver (Aleaver) [CC4_AL] * Technoprison by Josh Sealy (Joshy) [cc4tech_joshy] * Interstellar Sickness by lupinx-Kassman (lupinx-Kassman) [CC4_KASS] * The Falls of Doom by Processing Control (Processingcontrol) [CC4_PC2] * Viral Implant by James "Phobus" Cresswell (Phobus) [CC4_PH3] * Suburbia by James "Jimmy" Paddock, detailed by Brett "Mechadon" Harrell (Jimmy91 and Mechadon) [cc4jimmy-mek] * The Forgotten Base by Keeper of Jericho (Keeper of Jericho) [cc4_KoJm2.wad] * (untitled) by The Green Herring (The Green Herring) [CC4_TGH] (in playtesting) * Glaber Base 6 by Glaber Twin (glaber) [CC4_GLAB] * Temple Of Verdance by Jeffrey Banks (Pottus) [CC4_Pottus] (undergoing evaluation) * Orbital Wetworks by Mithran Denizen (Mithran Denizen) [CC4_MDN3] (undergoing evaluation) * Industrial Gothic by Processing Control (Processing Control) [CC4_PC5] (undergoing evaluation) * (undecided) by Tango (Tango) [CC4_TANG; "Episode: 2 / 3 (preferably 3)"] * (undecided) by Nameless (Nameless) [cc4_nls; "Very late 2, or 3 (no specific episode 3 slot)"] * Nuclear Nightmare by C30N9 / jointritual (C30N9 / jointritual) [CC4_OUT; "Episode: 1 or 2"] (in playtesting?) * Callisto Anomaly by Katamori (Katamori) [CC4_KAT; "Map 16, but anything else might be good in Episode 2"] * Crate Crater by Samuel "Sodaholic" Oliver and James "Jimmy" Paddock (Sodaholic / Jimmy91) [CC4_SDA] * Midnight Madness by Rambosee (Rambosee) [CC4_RAM] * Midnight Tek Frenzy by Brian Knox (Snakes) [cc4_snk] * Anchorite by Use3d (Use3D) [CC4_USE] * Substructure by Kirby (Kirby) [CC4_KMAP] * (undecided) by Yellowmadness54 (yellowmadness54) [CC4_yellow] * The Checkpoint by Christoph (Christoph) [CC4_CPT] MAP15: * Decomposition by Lord Z (Lord_Z) [CC4_LRDZ] - Episode 3 (MAP21-32; red, hellish sky) - Current Progress: 12/12 * Detachment by Shadow Dweller (Shadow Dweller) [CC4_SD] * Reaper's Digest by Kristian Aro (Nebula-Kristian) [CC4_KA24] * Crucifix Held Close by William Huber ([WH]-Wilou84) [CC4_WH] * Vulcana II by Paul Corfiatis (pcorf) [CC4_VUL2; "somewhere between MAP24 and MAP28"] * Nightmare Complex by Kim "Torn" Bach (Torn) [CC4_Torn] * Hell's Limits by C30N9 (C30N9) [CC4_C30; "any free slot, although the level won't be super huge"] * Spiritual Holocaust by Christian Lian (darkreaver) [CC4_DRK] * Shaman's Device by Chris "lupinx-Kassman" Kassap (lupinx-Kassman) [CC4_KasDark; "late two or early three"] * Melting Universe 2 by Walter "daimon" Confalonieri (walter confalonieri) [CC4_DAI] * Expect the Unexpected by The Ultimate DooMer (The Ultimate DooMer) [CC4_TUD] (in playtesting) * Demon Research by Processing Control (Processingcontrol) [CC4_PC] (undergoing evaluation) * Degrassi by TimeOfDeath (TimeOfDeath) [CC4_TOD; "Episode: whatevs"] (undergoing evaluation) * Dynasty by Oldspice (Oldspice) [CC4_DYN] (undergoing evaluation) * Deepholm by Keeper of Jericho (Keeper of Jericho) [deep.wad] (undergoing evaluation) * (undecided) by Nameless (Nameless) [cc4_nls; "Very late 2, or 3 (no specific episode 3 slot)"] * (undecided) by Tango (Tango) [CC4_TANG; "Episode: 2 / 3 (preferably 3)"] * Pain en Masse by MiloKS (TheMionicDonut) [CC4_PMZ2] * Wrong Way by Sokoro (Sokoro) [CC4_SKR] * Despaired Hatred by Lite Sparkle (Lite Sparkle [CC4-LTSPRKL] MAP30: * Ragnarok by Josh Sealy (Joshy) [CC4_JOSHY] MAP31: * Mortar Combat by Forty-Two (stewboy) [CC4_STW2] MAP32: * Mutare by Jeffrey Nordin (edoanimus) [CC4_EDO] Progress as a Whole: 31/32 - Playtesters (9/10) - 1. Brian "Anima Zero" Nesser (Anima Zero) 2. RjY (RjY) 3. William Huber ([WH]-Wilou84) 4. st.alfonzo (st.alfonzo) 5. Hirogen2 (Hirogen2) 6. Snakes (Snakes) 7. MegaDoomer (MegaDoomer) 8. Samuel "Sodaholic" Oliver (Sodaholic) 9. Crusader No Regret (Crusader No Regret) 10. (vacant)

Get Community Chest 4 here!

Last edited by The Green Herring on 02-29-12 at 23:44

Old Post 02-09-10 00:14 #
The Green Herring is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Phobus
Forum Staple

I like this system, but I'll refrain from signing up for any more slots just yet as that would be an abuse of my mapping speed, I feel.

Old Post 02-09-10 00:25 #
Phobus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

Oh, and here's an example of a filled-out sign-up form in case anyone needs a reference.

Episode: 2
Title: [none yet]
Filename: CC4_TGH.WAD
Texture Code: TGH*****
MIDI: Custom
Name to be Credited Under: The Green Herring

I've also decided to add five more playtesting slots, in case anyone new wants to enter that role for the project. Again, all you need to do if you intend to playtest is to give us the name you want to be credited under.

Last edited by The Green Herring on 09-12-10 at 09:40

Old Post 02-09-10 00:43 #
The Green Herring is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Super Jamie
Forum Staple

I am available for playesting from May 1st onwards. "Super Jamie" will do fine for credits.

Old Post 02-09-10 00:48 #
Super Jamie is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
ClonedPickle

Well, I'm not so sure about a map right now, but I would like to playtest. Any time is fine, "ClonedPickle" is fine.

Old Post 02-09-10 01:04 #
ClonedPickle is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Capellan
Forum Regular

I think this is a smart change. Good idea.

Old Post 02-09-10 02:32 #
Capellan is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
TheMionicDonut

i like that.
A few things id liek to add.

1.) Id be interetsed in a playtseting position
2.) Neodymum is mroe of a pain converting than i thouhgt, i would prefer it not be a secret map, as it would most certainly break the style. If plausable can it be moved into episode III?

Old Post 02-09-10 02:47 #
TheMionicDonut is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

TheMionicDonut said:
1.) Id be interetsed in a playtseting position
2.) Neodymum is mroe of a pain converting than i thouhgt, i would prefer it not be a secret map, as it would most certainly break the style. If plausable can it be moved into episode III?

1.) You've just been added.
2.) Yes! In fact, I did exactly that just now. Please continue working on it.

Indeed, folks, there are no longer any maps on MAP31. Please sign-up for that slot, any unfilled special slots, and for any map group. Remember, there are no limits to how many can sign up for any of them; the only restriction is that you cannot sign up for a special slot if there is already a finished level in it. So you cannot sign up or submit any map for MAP15 or MAP30, but you can sign up for MAP31 and MAP32. You can sign up for the special MAP07 slot, but you don't have to use its tag 666/667 effect if you don't want to.

Old Post 02-09-10 02:57 #
Malinku

Episode: 3 (Map31)
Title: "undecided"
Filename: CC4_Mal
Texture Code: Mal
MIDI: custom
Name to be Credited Under: Andrew "Malinku Rehberger

Last edited by Malinku on 02-23-10 at 21:08

Old Post 02-09-10 04:53 #
Malinku is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
[WH]-Wilou84

Let's hope it will speed up the process.
I'll also sign up for another map then.

Episode: 1 ( no special slot )
Title: let's say "Undecided" for now
Filename: CC4_WH2
Texture Code: WH_* ( conflicts with that other map of mine will be avoided, of course )
Name to be Credited Under: William Huber

Old Post 02-09-10 06:51 #
[WH]-Wilou84 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Mr. Freeze
etc.

Episode: 1 (MAP07)
Title: Simply Chilly
Filename: cc4_sc.WAD
Texture Code: N/A
Name to be Credited Under: Mr. Freeze

Old Post 02-09-10 17:54 #
Mr. Freeze is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Aleaver
Can't spll

Episode: 2 (Map 17)
Title: Metastisize
Filename: CC4_AL.wad
Name to be Credited Under: Aleaver

Old Post 02-09-10 23:48 #
Aleaver is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
darkreaver

Ok, so if I`m not mistaken, I can now sign up for a map slot?

In that case:

Episode: 3 (no specific slot)
Title: Spiritual Holocaust
Filename: CC4_DRK.wad
Name to be Credited Under: Christian Lian

if Ive misunderstood, please tell :P

Old Post 02-23-10 05:38 #
darkreaver is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

darkreaver said:
if Ive misunderstood, please tell :P
Not at all! I've added you to the roster.

Old Post 02-23-10 05:48 #
valkiriforce
Forum Regular

Hello, I figured I might give this a shot.

Episode: 2
Title: Matthaios' Spirit
Filename: CC4_MAT
Texture Code: none
MIDI: Hiding The Secrets
Name To Be Credited Under: Michael Jan Krizik AKA Valkiriforce

Currently in progress.

Old Post 02-25-10 04:53 #
valkiriforce is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

valkiriforce said:
Hello, I figured I might give this a shot.
Added!

Old Post 02-25-10 05:08 #
TheMionicDonut

Sadly my collab with Mek got pretty much nuked with a hard drive wipe. Sheesh thats like 4 maps lost to those :( I have an old one, but its lost like a years worth of work. So Im going with another map that I worked on and am having delicious fun with.

Episode: 3 (And late in it to boot)
Title: Kingdom Come
Filename: CC4_King.wad
Name to be Credited Under: K.C. Larson

Brace yourselves. I am showing zero mercy in the making of this map.

Old Post 02-26-10 06:36 #
TheMionicDonut is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Mechadon

TheMionicDonut said:
Sadly my collab with Mek got pretty much nuked with a hard drive wipe. Sheesh thats like 4 maps lost to those :( I have an old one, but its lost like a years worth of work. So Im going with another map that I worked on and am having delicious fun with.

Ah, that is unfortunate to hear :(.

Old Post 02-26-10 16:45 #
Mechadon is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
TheMionicDonut

And I'll have more time on my hands during the summer. But for the sake of getting this project out the door i want to just finish a half complete map rather than redo that much work.

Besides there is always Cchest 5 :P

Old Post 02-26-10 19:03 #
valkiriforce
Forum Regular

Just to add a little heads up, I've changed the music over to "Evil Incarnate" and the texture code is simply the CC4 resource pack.

Old Post 03-09-10 06:58 #
valkiriforce is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Joshy

I have a craving to do another map. Bloody post-release depression. :P My uni break's coming up in several days, I'll see if I can get this cracking and done within a week or two.

Episode 2: (None in particular)
Title: Technoprison
Filename: cc4tech_joshy
Texture code: N/A
MIDI: Technoprisoners by Jimmy91
Name to be credited under: Josh Sealy

Old Post 03-31-10 04:52 #
Joshy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
printz
CRAZY DUMB ZEALOT

Please sign me out. Let others who actually allocate time to play the maps. I don't want to feel like a load.

Old Post 04-07-10 13:15 #
printz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
phlum
Warming Up

I might as well have a go at making a map for this.

Episode: E2, somewhere in the middle
Title: Knightmare
Filename: CC4_PHLM.wad
Texture Code: PHLM
MIDI: Unsure as yet, probably a slow one.
Name to be Credited Under: phlum

I need to listen to Doom II's music... >.>

EDIT: I'll playtest as well, I enjoy it ^^

Last edited by phlum on 04-16-10 at 22:12

Old Post 04-16-10 21:00 #
phlum is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
valkiriforce
Forum Regular

I'm doing another map.

Episode: 1
Title: Cybernetics Compartment
Filename: CC4_CYC
Texture Code: none
MIDI: Sigma's Fortress - Station 1 by Jay Reichard from Mega Man X
Name To Be Credited Under: Michael Jan Krizik

Also I'd like to know if there is any way to shorten the MIDI file I have to make it loop better. If it'll help I found the song here: http://www.vgmusic.com/music/consol...s/index-gr.html

Old Post 04-19-10 23:03 #
hellbat182

I'm ready to play test everyday. Sign me up as hellbat2

Old Post 04-26-10 05:06 #
hellbat182 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
edoanimus
Warming Up

I was sitting down one day thinking, "Wouldn't it be awesome if there was a Doom level that did this..." and then I thought, well, no one's making it so I might as well do it myself!

This will be my first map (not counting adding cyberdemons with DEU ten years ago...holy crap, ten years ago...) but fear not, I've played Doom for many, many years and know what a crappy level looks like (and plays like).

Also, salvete to my humble host, The Green Herring.

Episode: MAP32
Title: Mutare
Filename: CC4_EDO
Texture Code: None needed
Name to be Credited Under: Jeffrey Nordin

One quick noob question, about how long should the testing phase take? Do the testers just burn through it on UV, report, "need moar plasma" and call it a day?

edit: oops, named the wrong green animal...

Old Post 04-29-10 09:08 #
edoanimus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
[WH]-Wilou84

Hey,
Mind if I snatch the last playtester slot ?

Old Post 05-02-10 08:48 #
[WH]-Wilou84 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

Added. The alpha build of the compiled WAD has been sent to you and the other new testers (including Super Jamie, who is now available as of yesterday.)

Old Post 05-02-10 09:05 #
MajorRawne

Add me to the playtesters list please :D

Old Post 05-02-10 19:08 #
MajorRawne is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Clonehunter
Forum Staple

Question: Is this still something current?

Question 2: Is this just for the best mappers, or any one pushing to the best of thier current ability?

Old Post 05-28-10 00:43 #
Clonehunter is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote