Spider Mastermind
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Community Chest 4 > The New Community Chest 4 Sign-Up Thread (SUBMISSIONS CLOSED!)
Pages (10): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 » ... Last »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 16:56. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
darkreaver

CC4 is still ongoing, yes. There are status checks each month.

It`s for everyone who wants to participate, no need to be a elite mapper (my cotribution to the WAD will be the second or third map I`ve ever made. Still a noob!)

The first post in this thread should contain the info you want!

Old Post 05-28-10 05:36 #
darkreaver is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Clonehunter
Forum Staple

Oh, ok thanks.

Old Post 05-31-10 13:49 #
Clonehunter is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
pcorf

Episode: 3 somwehere between MAP24 and MAP28
Title: Vulcana II
Filename: CC4_VUL2.wad
Texture Code: N/A
MIDI: Custom
Name to be Credited Under: Paul Corfiatis

Old Post 06-03-10 06:07 #
pcorf is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
[WH]-Wilou84

pcorf said:

Wow, Vulcana is one of my favorite maps in Whispers of Satan. Good luck on that one Paul.

Old Post 06-03-10 12:29 #
[WH]-Wilou84 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Dutch Doomer
Forum Staple

pcorf said:
Episode: 3 somwehere between MAP24 and MAP28
Filename: CC4_VUL2.wad
Texture Code: N/A
MIDI: Custom
Name to be Credited Under: Paul Corfiatis

So you're mapping again :P Good to know, good luck with the map.

Old Post 06-03-10 13:38 #
Dutch Doomer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
pcorf

dutch devil said:

So you're mapping again :P Good to know, good luck with the map.

Yes I have totally fooled you guys.

But I had already started on the map but its going to take quite a while to make. Its gonna be a huge, firey hellhole with some very heated battles. Lotsa lava present. First cave is done and looking sexy.

When working on WOS I enjoyed making MAP25 the most and I have been thinking about doing a sequel. I really like the rockred theme. Its quick and easy to do, well from my point of view.

But since I have the CC4 texture wad I reckon I will use alot of the textures in that to give it a more Scythe II like feel.

Old Post 06-03-10 14:23 #
pcorf is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
DeathevokatioN
Forum Staple

Heheh, awesome that you didn't stick to your word, Pcorf!

Old Post 06-06-10 00:02 #
DeathevokatioN is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
tehdrunkdemon
Mini-Member

I bet it's gonna be VERY intense!

Old Post 06-06-10 02:29 #
tehdrunkdemon is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
pcorf

tehdrunkdemon said:
I bet it's gonna be VERY intense!

Indeed.

Old Post 06-06-10 04:48 #
tehdrunkdemon
Mini-Member

pcorf said:
Indeed.

It's probably gonna be intense enough for me to expect to see 200+ monsters on the first level.

Old Post 06-06-10 16:43 #
tehdrunkdemon is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
pcorf

tehdrunkdemon said:
pcorf said:
Indeed.

It's probably gonna be intense enough for me to expect to see 200+ monsters on the first level.

Its not going to be Hell Revealed. But I will make it as hard as I can for my abilities.

Old Post 06-07-10 06:46 #
tehdrunkdemon
Mini-Member

pcorf said:

Its not going to be Hell Revealed. But I will make it as hard as I can for my abilities.

The CC4 team probably won't want my maps. My Maps aren't very intense and don't ever have more than 300 monsters. I'll work on my UD megawad "Doomer's Dream" this summer. It's the first UD megawad to have inclusions. But it normally has less monsters than 2002ado. E2M6 of DD will probably only have 125 monsters on HMP, instead of 184. You don't have to be a Doom master to beat Doomer's Dream. I'll probably release it in 2012.

Last edited by tehdrunkdemon on 06-08-10 at 22:12

Old Post 06-08-10 02:24 #
Catoptromancy

I am all up for playtesting.

Old Post 06-11-10 01:46 #
Catoptromancy is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
pcorf

tehdrunkdemon said:
pcorf said:
Indeed.

Maybe 300-400 monsters on UV.

Old Post 06-11-10 05:55 #
tehdrunkdemon
Mini-Member

pcorf said:

Maybe 300-400 monsters on UV.

Omg! On the first level? Doomer's Dream E1M1 "Lunar Landing Station" will have 14 monsters on ITYTD & HNTR. HMP will probably be 20, and UV & NM will have 26.

Last edited by tehdrunkdemon on 06-13-10 at 23:14

Old Post 06-11-10 22:08 #
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

After some thought and trying out the level again, I've decided to mark Graveyard Shift by TheMionicDonut as "in playtesting" and not finished. The reasons being that
  1. When he originally sent it to me so long ago, I recall him telling me it was a beta version — thus, it wasn't finished to begin with;
  2. The gameplay was obviously optimized only for ZDoom, where melee attacks have more range and are easier to hit with.
If TheMionicDonut is reading this, he's going to have to get his butt in gear and finish it!

Get Community Chest 4 here!

Old Post 06-13-10 21:59 #
The Green Herring is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
tehdrunkdemon
Mini-Member

Heh, now I'm really glad I'm doing "Doomer's Dream", my UD megawad project by myself. That way I don't have to coordinate anyone's maps. You might not like the wad 'cause there's custom monsters in it.

Old Post 06-13-10 23:13 #
printz
CRAZY DUMB ZEALOT

The Green Herring said:
The gameplay was obviously optimized only for ZDoom, where melee attacks have more range and are easier to hit with.
How can you be so sure? When I was a playtester, I tried that map in Boom (well, Eternity actually, but it should play the same). I had no problem Tysoning most important monsters. I only got into trouble at the end, but I guessed that was exactly the point, to get into trouble, because the exit was already free to pass.

Rather blame on ZDoom for making the melee easier, at least at that time :)

Old Post 06-13-10 23:40 #
printz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
[WH]-Wilou84

printz said:
How can you be so sure?

It seems a few testers think that way :/
Yeah really, under vanilla Doom/PrBoom, chainsawing Revenants in tight spaces isn't that easy...

Adding a Berserk pack earlier in the level would be more than welcome and could solve many problems here.

Old Post 06-14-10 00:02 #
[WH]-Wilou84 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
printz
CRAZY DUMB ZEALOT

[WH]-Wilou84 said:

Yeah really, under vanilla Doom/PrBoom, chainsawing Revenants in tight spaces isn't that easy...

I had no trouble chainsawing that revenant. They're also thin enough that the blockmap error doesn't make them impervious as easily as it does Demons. The only risk I can see with chainsawing revenants is that they may get a chance to punch you, but there are medikits in that room to save you.

Old Post 06-14-10 09:36 #
printz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
[WH]-Wilou84

Well, just try recording a -complevel 9 UV Max on this map.
If you can make it out of the Blue Key room, you're my hero. :p

Edit : It's actually possible if you ram through Demons and get out as quickly as possible through the door, provided you don't get killed by either the Revenant or Demons. It's only about luck, not about skill. :/

Last edited by [WH]-Wilou84 on 06-14-10 at 11:04

Old Post 06-14-10 10:37 #
TheMionicDonut

guh...I may make a whole new map01 along the same lines, we will wait and see. Ive grown a bit as a mapper these past two years. Not holding anything certain though.

Old Post 06-14-10 14:01 #
TheMionicDonut is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
suicidal pencil
Warming Up

Episode: three, map 30 if it's available, if not, the next earliest (I fea I may be too late)
Title: Foundation
Filename: CC4_Foundation
Texture Code: SP1
MIDI: the same music of whatever level I get
Name to be Credited Under: Suicidal Pencil

Old Post 06-22-10 20:34 #
suicidal pencil is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

suicidal pencil said:
Episode: three, map 30 if it's available, if not, the next earliest (I fea I may be too late)
Title: Foundation
Filename: CC4_Foundation
Texture Code: SP1
MIDI: the same music of whatever level I get
Name to be Credited Under: Suicidal Pencil

MAP30 is taken up by a finished level, "Ragnarok" by Joshy. Your level, however, can be placed in an earlier slot in the episode.

Old Post 06-22-10 20:38 #
The Green Herring is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
suicidal pencil
Warming Up

The Green Herring said:
MAP30 is taken up by a finished level, "Ragnarok" by Joshy. Your level, however, can be placed in an earlier slot in the episode.

No worries, I figured someone got it before me. Oh well, was worth a shot :P

Old Post 06-22-10 20:41 #
suicidal pencil is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Joshy

Will be finishing off Christoph's map for this project so I'll sign up thrice again. :P

Episode: One preferably, but two will do fine too.
Title: Grotto
Filename: CC4_Grotto
Texture Code: n/a
MIDI: Grotto.mid by Stewboy
Name to be credited under: Christoph / Joshy

Old Post 06-23-10 16:00 #
Joshy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

Sadly, Malinku has dropped his MAP31 from the project. According to the PM he sent me, he "lost the will" to finish it. He also asked Macro11_1 if he would like to put his "Echo-Base" level in that slot, and they agreed to it. Thus, I have placed Macro11_1's level under MAP31, which is where it will be assuming nobody else finishes a MAP31 before him (unlike MAP32.)

Carry on.

Old Post 07-09-10 01:58 #
Macro11_1

Thanks TGH... it is unfortunate I was not able to finish my map in time for map 32, but that is ok, because I have not slowed up the project. I hope I can finish map31, but no promises.

If anyone wants to race me for the slot, be my guest, I am under half way done :( (I stopped working shortly after my name was dropped from the map list with no notice as to why... not a big deal though)

Anyways, thank you and cheers!

Old Post 07-09-10 06:53 #
Macro11_1 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
lupinx-Kassman

Episode: Late two or early three
Title: Shaman's Device
Filename: CC4_KasDark
Texture Code: KS_
MIDI: "Supporting Me" from Sonic Adventure 2, sequenced by King Meteor
Name to be credited under: Chris "Lupinx-Kassman" Kassap

Old Post 07-14-10 08:05 #
lupinx-Kassman is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
pcorf

There is a chance that I may take another slot in Ep1 or Ep2 once Vulcana II is done. I will decide when the time comes.

Old Post 07-17-10 15:52 #