Cyberdemon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Community Chest 4 > The New Community Chest 4 Sign-Up Thread (SUBMISSIONS CLOSED!)
Pages (10): « First ... « 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 00:07. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

RevenantWithAHat said:
I will make it a Bonus map, MAP33!
There are only planned to be 32 levels. This is the maximum number of levels supported for Doom II in both its original engine and in older source ports, including Boom. Boom is the target source port of this project. (Some levels may require PrBoom+ or Eternity to run due to breaking a certain limit, but compatibility with Boom engine features is a priority.)

Get Community Chest 4 here!

Old Post 08-01-11 02:28 #
The Green Herring is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
esselfortium
A Major Doomworld Concern

RevenantWithAHat said:

I will make it a Bonus map, MAP33!

Oh no you won't

Old Post 08-01-11 02:35 #
esselfortium is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Katamori
Forum Staple

TGH, I want to abandon my work (Callisto Anomaly) and give the unfinished map to somebody else.

Reason is simple: I don't want to continue this work. I don't have enough time, mood, and creativity. It means that I won't be able to finish the map well.

However, I worked a lot with the map already, so I'd be happy if the map might be finished by somebody else.

Who would like to finish it?

Old Post 08-01-11 11:55 #
Katamori is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Processingcontrol

I'd like to work on your level, Katamori.

Old Post 08-01-11 14:05 #
Processingcontrol is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Katamori
Forum Staple

Wow, it was quick. I'd like to give the map to Proccessingcontrol. I've known him already because he's a talented mapper IMO, and also he already helped me previously.

RevenantWithAHat, you may be good as well, but you are a "newbie", so... sorry!

Proccessingcontrol, I'll send the current state of the map to you. Would you like to start a new thread, or is it unnecessary?

Old Post 08-01-11 15:50 #
Katamori is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
C30N9

Actually, Proccesingcontrol got before RevenantWithAHat.

Old Post 08-01-11 15:56 #
C30N9 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Processingcontrol

Thanks Katamori, I'll start a new thread so I can edit the title and first post.

Old Post 08-01-11 23:14 #
Processingcontrol is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
justyoberg

Episode: Any level.

Title: Engraved

Filename: cc4_Engraved33.wad?

Texture Code: pretty solid on the cc4 pack

MIDI: D_DDTBL3

Name to be Credited Under: busty

Old Post 08-02-11 01:07 #
justyoberg is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Snakes

Guess I'll go ahead and snag that vacant playtesting spot. Feel free to just credit me as Snakes.

Old Post 08-02-11 06:55 #
Snakes is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
C30N9

Snakes said:
Guess I'll go ahead and snag that vacant playtesting spot. Feel free to just credit me as Snakes.

Will you be free recently? If you could take a look at my map. It is finished but I'm double-checking if there are bugs. And I need it very fast in order to get E1 last slot.

Old Post 08-03-11 11:57 #
C30N9 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
MegaDoomer
Loser

I'd like to request signing up for the 10th beta testing slot, currently listed as vacant.

I like going through diverse community sets like these and think I can provide some good feedback. :) (Also I now play UV as default so my "too easy" complaints I've made against previous projects (PRCP, mainly) will likely diminish.)

So please let me know if I can go on the testing, and if so send any relevant material in PM or to my email ( bdl816@aol.com ). Thanks.

Old Post 08-10-11 05:05 #
MegaDoomer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
MegaDoomer
Loser

I've made my email address no longer be hidden BTW, so if you'd like to send me a finished map with email rather than PM you can now do so by just clicking "Email" under my name (or the profile button). :)

Old Post 08-11-11 01:27 #
MegaDoomer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
C30N9

I just found something, the progress for E1 is 10/11, the remaining map is Mr. Freeze's MAP07, so my map won't go there (and all the guys who signed up for E1 lately). So you can transfer it to E2 or E3. Am I wrong?

Old Post 08-12-11 15:33 #
MegaDoomer
Loser

C30N9 said:
I just found something, the progress for E1 is 10/11, the remaining map is Mr. Freeze's MAP07, so my map won't go there (and all the guys who signed up for E1 lately). So you can transfer it to E2 or E3. Am I wrong?

No, the Map07 slot Mr. Freeze claimed is ONLY secured after he has submitted the map and it has been accepted. ANY further map submitted to the E1 group, regardless of whether it uses Map07 triggers or not, will complete E1 upon its acceptance. Basically, the next level to get approved into E1 closes that group.

From what I know, you can still transfer if you want at any time, but the E1 window of opportunity has NOT closed yet.

Old Post 08-12-11 16:06 #
C30N9

It would be frustrating for Mr.Freeze, because he used the special tags for his map. And because of that it would be hard to move his map to another slot, gone for nothing.

Ok, so E2 will be the new destination (or E3) if you don't see anything wrong ;).

EDIT: Could and change the map's name? Better not to get confused.

Last edited by C30N9 on 08-14-11 at 01:13

Old Post 08-13-11 15:11 #
C30N9

I'm not sure about starry sky with my map (I tested it). So either E1 or E3. If you really want to keep Mr.Freeze's MAP07 then change, if no then I'll take the last slot of E1. What do you have in mind?

Old Post 08-18-11 10:51 #
esselfortium
A Major Doomworld Concern

Is that the old starry sky or the new one, though? I forget if the texture wad was ever actually updated to change it.

Old Post 08-18-11 16:18 #
esselfortium is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
C30N9

esselfortium said:
Is that the old starry sky or the new one, though? I forget if the texture wad was ever actually updated to change it.

The stars are not the issue. Night is the issue for the map. Well though if TGH finds it good then it is in E2 (I really don't see it right).

Old Post 08-18-11 16:32 #
C30N9

I assume you still didn't take a quick run on the map. Isn't it accepted as "undergoing evaluation" yet?

I also sent stewboy the map for custom music.

Old Post 08-27-11 19:53 #
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

Sorry for the delay, C30N9; on top of other things, school started this week. So, I finished the level today, and I think it's all right. There's a bug where multiple shotgunners and zombiemen were placed in the same spot on the same difficulty, so they can't move (in the hallway with the walls lined with alcoves,)
Spoiler:
not to mention I had to cheat in order to find out how to get the BFG, and the berserk pack secret switch is just barely noticeable,
but otherwise, when it's compilation time, there will be only minor fixes at best. Consider the level accepted. Which episode would you prefer?

Old Post 08-27-11 21:40 #
The Green Herring is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
C30N9

Originally, at E1 episode. But I don't wanna frustrate Mr. Freeze. Because if I closed the last slot, his MAP07 will be gone for nothing (least). If you put it at E2, will it fit a night map?

If you really wanna Mr. Freeze's map, E3.
If Mr. Freeze is ok with it, E1.

Old Post 08-27-11 21:48 #
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

Having received word from Mr. Freeze, I am putting C30N9's submitted level into E3. Thank you!

P.S. Would you like to keep "Deeply in the Illusion" as its, title, or use "Hell's Limits" instead?

Old Post 08-28-11 21:07 #
purpleyoshi13

Since I Don't Know what's up with Cliffside Compound, I Started Work On A New Map

Episode: presumable 2
Title: Streets
Filename: CC4_Streets.wad
Texture Code: PY13****
MIDI: Pending...
Name to be Credited Under: Purpleyoshi13

Old Post 08-30-11 12:10 #
purpleyoshi13 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
C30N9

The Green Herring said:
Having received word from Mr. Freeze, I am putting C30N9's submitted level into E3. Thank you!

P.S. Would you like to keep "Deeply in the Illusion" as its, title, or use "Hell's Limits" instead?

So you did notice it. I think it is better, thanks!

Please put me in the list ;).

Old Post 08-30-11 14:49 #
Sokoro

Episode: Doom II *episode* 3. Preferably begining or middle of it since level will have a avarage size and little harder difficulty. I would like that Red Hellish Sky because I plan to use it at end of my level with certain aspects to make atmospheric ending.
Title: "Wrong Way"
Filename: "CC4_SKR.WAD"
Texture Code: I use only CC4 Texture Pack and DooM II stock textures.
MIDI: music from original MAP30 of DOOMII
Name to be Credited Under: Sokoro

It is based on my dreams so it should be pretty much original ^^
It will be also my first ever finished map for DooM games, but dont worry I played tons of stuff for doom and I will do my best.

Screenshot from DB2 (As a proof that I am working on it):

http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/5530/dbcc4skrscrn.th.jpg

Last edited by Sokoro on 09-11-11 at 04:43

Old Post 09-10-11 10:52 #
Sokoro is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Rambosee
Rambodo

Episode: 2
Title: Midnight madness (probably will be changed)
Filename: CC4_RAM
Texture code: N/A
MIDI: Undecided
Name To Be Credited Under: Rambosee

This map will be a slaughter type map(I will do my best to even out the difficulties), and preferably near the end of episode 2, because it will be difficult.

Also, me and pcorf are dropping the space map, because when I took it, I was very new to mapping, and I littered it with noobish mistakes that would take ages to fix.

Old Post 09-11-11 19:43 #
Rambosee is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
C30N9

Rambosee said:
Also, me and pcorf are dropping the space map, because when I took it, I was very new to mapping, and I littered it with noobish mistakes that would take ages to fix.

May I take it?

Old Post 09-11-11 20:00 #
Rambosee
Rambodo

C30N9 said:

May I take it?

Are you sure? Like are you REALLY sure?
Let me tell you at what stage it is at. Right now, it linear like you won't believe it, almost every sector is a square or rectangle, and there will be a LOT of noobish mistakes you will have to fix. Example: When placing monsters, instead of marking it deaf, i highlighted everything around him, and I mean everything, and put block sound on it.

Turn back now while you can, but I'm not stopping you from taking it.

Old Post 09-11-11 20:24 #
Rambosee is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Sodaholic
I feel justified yet disgusted with myself at the same time

Could I perhaps be a playtester? I'd still like to contribute somehow, despite having abandoned my map.

Old Post 09-12-11 12:03 #
Sodaholic is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
C30N9

Heh, you kinda convinced me Rambosee. But no, I think I'll have it as a bonus once I don't have anything to do. I hope it is not huge.

As an extra, Sodaholic do you still have that map?

Last edited by C30N9 on 09-12-11 at 19:13

Old Post 09-12-11 13:26 #