Spider Mastermind
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Community Chest 4 > The New Community Chest 4 Sign-Up Thread (SUBMISSIONS CLOSED!)
Pages (10): « First ... « 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 05:22. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Processingcontrol

Episode: E1

Title: Between the Cracks

Filename: CC4_PC4 (CC4_PC3 was some map I started but gave up on)

Texture Code: PC_

MIDI: The cave music from Super Mario World 2

Name to be Credited Under: ProcessingControl

Old Post 11-10-11 01:51 #
Processingcontrol is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

I have approved skillsaw's Slugfest for episode 1 (MAP01-11). And with that, submissions for MAP01-11 are officially closed! All unfinished entries for episode 1 have been moved to episode 2 until further notice. Keep on goin', guys; only seven levels left!

Get Community Chest 4 here!

Old Post 11-11-11 01:58 #
The Green Herring is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Processingcontrol

I don't think "The falls of doom" will work well with the E2 sky and is too easy for E2, and I submitted that months ago... :|

Old Post 11-11-11 02:46 #
Processingcontrol is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Mithran Denizen

Processingcontrol said:
too easy for E2
What's wrong with having an easy E2 map or two? Difficulty progression through the episodes doesn't have to be totally linear.

Old Post 11-11-11 03:05 #
Mithran Denizen is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
[WH]-Wilou84

I suggest moving "The Grotto" to the beginning of episode 2 then, as the map is longer than many E1 maps, and the sky is rarely seen in The Grotto anyway. Doing so would allow for either Suburbia or The Falls of Doom to be included in E1.

Old Post 11-11-11 08:59 #
[WH]-Wilou84 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
C30N9

The Green Herring said:
I have approved skillsaw's Slugfest for episode 1 (MAP01-11). And with that, submissions for MAP01-11 are officially closed! All unfinished entries for episode 1 have been moved to episode 2 until further notice. Keep on goin', guys; only seven levels left!

Mr. Freeze ain't gonna like it... :P

BTW it's 11/11/11, so it's a warning.

Last edited by C30N9 on 11-11-11 at 15:43

Old Post 11-11-11 11:02 #
C30N9 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
C30N9

- Delete -

Last edited by C30N9 on 11-11-11 at 15:43

Old Post 11-11-11 11:58 #
C30N9 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Phobus
Forum Staple

Fuck yeeyah!

As something of a status update from me - I'm doing a bit every day now and I'm confident that the upcoming weekend will allow for me to have a finished map in time.

Old Post 11-11-11 17:31 #
Phobus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
purpleyoshi13

I'm Dropping Both Maps I Have.

Sorry, Maybe if by some miracle the inspiration nuke goes off I'll be able to, but in this state, it's not going to happen.

Old Post 11-11-11 18:41 #
purpleyoshi13 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Processingcontrol

Mithran Denizen said:
What's wrong with having an easy E2 map or two? Difficulty progression through the episodes doesn't have to be totally linear.

I guess, but that map is still really reliant on the E1 sky and has many outdoor areas. I really hauled ass to get it done quickly once there was only one E1 spot left. I don't want to make a big deal of this and whine all over the thread (I guess I could just release it separately), but it's still very annoying.

Old Post 11-11-11 22:25 #
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

Actually, the level doesn't look bad with SKY2 at all. Besides that, there's no problem switching this level and Slugfest around if you really, really want episode 1.

In any case, I'm approving The Falls of Doom. The texturing is a bit quirky to me, and there are a few minor gameplay issues (e.g. fighting an arch-vile with a rocket launcher in a small room, though there are places to hide and distance yourself from him,) but nothing that can't be fixed in a jiffy. Otherwise, it's a decent level!

Old Post 11-11-11 22:29 #
The Green Herring is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Processingcontrol

But some of the lighting is rather strange.

I guess I'll stick to E2 at the moment, but I would appreciate it if someone could switch episodes with me.

TGH, could tell me some of the areas where you thought the texturing in my map was weird? Anyways, I'm glad you liked it!

Old Post 11-11-11 23:09 #
esselfortium
A Major Doomworld Concern

The lighting there looks fine to me, Processingcontrol. I don't think it looks bad to use a starry sky with reasonably bright outdoor areas. Moonlight and ambient lights cast outside the buildings and stuff :)

Old Post 11-12-11 01:15 #
esselfortium is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Katamori
Forum Staple

Processingcontrol said:
But some of the lighting is rather strange.

What's the problem with this shot? It looks OK.

Old Post 11-12-11 11:45 #
Katamori is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Processingcontrol

I just think the lighting is a little too bright, but if you guys think its okay then I guess I won't change it (Less work!)

Old Post 11-12-11 14:45 #
eternal slumber

I think it looks good too. That sky's gnarly.

Old Post 11-12-11 16:55 #
eternal slumber is offline Profile || Blog || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Keeper of Jericho

I'll sign this map up just in case we won't have enough at the deadline. Been working on it for a while, layout is roughly 75% done, gameplay needs to be added, but I think I can get it done in time, but I won't mind if others take my place, I already gave a map for this after all (if it's been approved, that is).

Episode: Episode 2
Title: The Forgotten Base
Filename: CC4_KoJM2.wad
Texture Code: cc4-tex.wad
MIDI: "Waiting for Romero to Play", music of Doom 2 map 18.
Name to be Credited Under: Keeper of Jericho

Old Post 11-12-11 19:10 #
Keeper of Jericho is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Processingcontrol

TGH: You can take "Between the cracks" off the list; it ended up being too big for me to finish in time.

Is okay if I submit a single player version of my 32 in 24 map that I've been working on?

Old Post 11-15-11 01:28 #
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

Officially, you're not allowed to submit a level that's already released, but a deathmatch level with single-player features built into it may qualify as a different WAD release depending on the extent to which you edited and added to it. What do you all think?

Old Post 11-15-11 01:47 #
Mithran Denizen

The Green Herring said:
What do you all think?
I'd much rather see a totally original map over a DM level conversion, myself, but I suppose it also depends on how much is changed between the two versions, and/or how awesome the single-player result is.

Old Post 11-15-11 03:02 #
Mithran Denizen is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
eternal slumber

Oops, I forgot about that rule. Allowing an SP'ed dm map is fine with me, especially if we have trouble getting 32 maps.

Old Post 11-15-11 16:01 #
eternal slumber is offline Profile || Blog || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Keeper of Jericho

Finished my second map "The Forgotten Base" today, though I find it doubtful the testers will be done with it before the deadline. >.<

Old Post 11-15-11 19:38 #
Keeper of Jericho is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
walter confalonieri

finished my map, now i'll send it to the testers...

Old Post 11-15-11 19:58 #
walter confalonieri is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
eternal slumber

[16:39] <Anigav> Who else is PSYCHED
[16:41] <Anigav> YEAH

Old Post 11-15-11 21:45 #
Gordon
Mini-Member

What's going to happen if there aren't 32 maps by tomorrow?

Old Post 11-15-11 23:12 #
Gordon is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
darkreaver

the earth will crumble to dust

Old Post 11-15-11 23:15 #
darkreaver is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Hirogen2

Keeper of Jericho said:
Finished my second map "The Forgotten Base" today, though I find it doubtful the testers will be done with it before the deadline. >.<

I let my commitment speak for itself. PM returned with favor.

Old Post 11-15-11 23:28 #
Hirogen2 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Phobus
Forum Staple

End of tomorrow I will have my map in. That's a promise that only Armageddon will get in the way of, I think.

Old Post 11-15-11 23:36 #
Phobus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Snakes

Well, supposing everything gets accepted, maps from the following authors are already or will be in testing stages by tomorrow:

-Darkreaver
-Walter
-Phobus
-Lupinx
-JointRitual/C3
-Anigav
-Keeper

Seven maps for six slots... I'm glad other people stepped up to the plate, as there was no way my map would have been finished in time... Lucky me, now I've got two or three nights of playtesting ahead.

Old Post 11-15-11 23:46 #
Snakes is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Processingcontrol

I'll go ahead and sign up for the revision of my 32 in 24 map:

Episode: 2
Title: Industrial Gothic
Filename: PC_CC5
Texture Code: PC_
MIDI: That one from Duke Nukem 3D (Gotham?) that I used in the original version.
Name to be Credited Under: Processing Control

I'm done with the gameplay, and it came out much better than I expected. I still have a lot of visual stuff I need to work on today and tomorrow.

EDIT: Actually, I think it's ready to send to the testers now.

Even if this ends up getting rejected, trying to finish it with a deadline pushed me to work quicker than usual. :)

Last edited by Processingcontrol on 11-16-11 at 04:03

Old Post 11-16-11 01:38 #