Cyberdemon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Community Chest 4 > CC4 Map31 (untitled)

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 23:06. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Malinku

This map is so far a dark gothic themed map.

screenshots:
http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/...ap/DOOM0023.png
http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/.../DOOM0024-1.png
http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/.../DOOM0025-1.png
(will get brighter shots and a shot of my current layout)

stats:
don't know atm

* It has 2 custom rock texture made by Pottus. The music thats going in the wad is made by Fisk.

Old Post 03-08-10 15:07 #
Malinku is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
valkiriforce
Forum Regular

Nice shots, looks fluid.

Old Post 03-09-10 07:05 #
valkiriforce is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Malinku

current layout
http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv326/Ogerz001/untitled-11.jpg

Old Post 03-09-10 22:09 #
Malinku is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Philnemba

Good screenshots and nice layout so far.

Old Post 03-09-10 22:58 #
Philnemba is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Christoph

I definitely like the look/feel of this map so far...

Old Post 03-17-10 06:36 #
Christoph is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Malinku

first teleport you incounter. It looks a lot more powerful then it really is. (the shot shows an ealy version)

http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/.../DOOM0028-2.png

After first teleport(group) the theme changes to a more human built base theme.

Old Post 03-22-10 14:41 #
Malinku

Update: Haven't worked much on my map due to school.
but I'm starting to add in the tech base area which is the second to last area.
so I'd say about 10-20% done with the map

Old Post 04-29-10 15:28 #
Dutch Doomer
Forum Staple

Cool map. CC4 is going to be an pretty damn good set of maps.

Old Post 04-29-10 21:40 #
Dutch Doomer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
MajorRawne

This is looking like a fine example of Pure Win :)

Old Post 05-01-10 16:57 #
MajorRawne is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Malinku

I have not worked on this much the past month but I'll will do a lot of work on it this month as I finished up a lot of other stuff I was doing (DM mapping and practicing monster placement).

Old Post 06-01-10 03:14 #
edoanimus
Warming Up

Hey Malinku, a special request since my MAP32 is now officially in the "completed" category:

Could you make the secret exit a deathtrap (Scythe 2, or E1M8 style)? I optimized MAP32 to be played from a pistol start and the reintroduction of all the weapons (which differs depending on difficulty) is part of the map's theme.

Just a thought, it's up to you, obviously. I love it when WADs have some degree of continuity from one level to the next (a hard task in a community project) and if you wanted to design the secret exit area as a segue into my map that'd be double (perhaps...triple) awesome!

Old Post 06-02-10 04:33 #
edoanimus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TheMionicDonut

Is that even possible for a secret exit?

Old Post 06-02-10 06:32 #
TheMionicDonut is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Snakes

Seems like there'd be several ways to do that with Boom. Having a voodoo doll slide over a linedef action 124 just after a player telefrags another voodoo doll, for example. Hell, in vanilla you could force a death slide over a linedef with action 124... though that confuses people (there seemed to be a lot of complaining about Scythe 2 MAP25).

Old Post 06-02-10 07:17 #
Snakes is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
printz
CRAZY DUMB ZEALOT

TheMionicDonut said:
Is that even possible for a secret exit?
Yes. Propel a dead body that belongs to a player into the exit. It can easily be done with currents, but with barrel land-mines it's tastier.

Old Post 06-02-10 09:08 #
printz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TheMionicDonut

Yes I know such a thing was possible, but he seemed to have been asking to do it like E1M8 where you end the level by actually dying. i dont think you can do that to get into secret levels. Of course there are Boom compatible ways to circumvent it.

Old Post 06-02-10 20:44 #
TheMionicDonut is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
edoanimus
Warming Up

Just to clarify, yes, I meant a death slide. Ignore my ignorant comment about E1M8 (I realize that death style doesn't actually kill you, oops).

Old Post 06-02-10 22:15 #
edoanimus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Malinku

ok I'll make the exit like that

the basic look of the "tech base" area (with auto align abuse)
http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/...0606_165931.png

Last edited by Malinku on 06-06-10 at 23:07

Old Post 06-06-10 20:00 #