Weird impy thing
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Community Chest 4 > The Community Chest 4 Status Check Thread, Part 3
Pages (11): [1] 2 3 4 » ... Last »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 07:14. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

This is a new status check thread for 2011. I can't change the title of the previous thread anymore, so at RjY's suggestion, I made a new thread. The rules of this thread, as usual, are as follows:

On the first of every month, I will check the status of the maps in this project. That is, I will check how long it has been since the person has last made a post in their map's progress thread, the previous status check thread, and this current one. If a person has provided a status update within the past month, they will be marked with a #. As long as I know that they're at least working on their map, it will work. If they have not not, they will be marked with a @. If a person accrues two @'s, they will be PMed and e-mailed (if possible.) If they get three @'s, they will be PMed and e-mailed again. If they get four @'s, they will be kicked out of the project.

Procrastination will not be tolerated.

Here is the current list of participants in this project, listed by their Doomworld handles. People who have already submitted their maps will have bolded names.

- Level Designers -
- Group 1 (MAP01-11): -
stewboy
Phobus
dutch devil
Alice Jameson
Capellan
Phobus
[WH]-Wilou84
Cristoph / Joshy
Mithran Denizen
skillsaw

- Group 2 (MAP12-20): -
Aleaver
Joshy
lupinx-Kassman
Processingcontrol
Phobus
Jimmy91, detailed by Mechadon
Keeper of Jericho
MAP15: Lord_Z
The Green Herring #
glaber
Nameless @
pcorf / Rambosee
purpleyoshi13 #
Pottus #
C30N9 / jointritual #
Katamori / Processingcontrol #
Sodaholic / Jimmy91 @@
Snakes #
Mithran Denizen #
Use3d @@
Kirby #
yellowmadness54 #
Christoph #

- Group 3 (MAP21-32): -
Shadow Dweller
Nebula-Kristian
[WH]-Wilou84
pcorf
Torn
C30N9
darkreaver
lupinx-Kassman
walter confalonieri
MAP30: Joshy
MAP31: stewboy
MAP32: edoanimus
The Ultimate DooMer
Processingcontrol #
Tango @@@
Keeper of Jericho #
TheMionicDonut @@
TimeOfDeath #
Oldspice #

Beta-Testing Team:
  1. Anima Zero #
  2. RjY #
  3. [WH]-Wilou84 #
  4. st.alfonzo @
  5. Hirogen2 @
  6. Snakes #
  7. MegaDoomer #
  8. Sodaholic @
  9. Crusader No Regret #
  10. (vacant)

Get Community Chest 4 here!

Last edited by The Green Herring on 03-01-12 at 00:00

Old Post 01-01-11 23:08 #
The Green Herring is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

Today, unfortunately, one person has been kicked out; Pottus has been dropped from the project for missing four status checks in a row. Which is a shame, because not only did his level look really interesting, but it was 95% done... since August! Of course, August was the last time he posted, too. I suppose that's what happens when on top of not posting for that long, you fail to do so much as respond to e-mail and PMs. A PM and an e-mail have been sent anyway, to inform him of this decision.

In addition, Kirby and Mr. Freeze have each been warned for missing two status checks in a row. This has been done through PM and e-mail. Mr. Freeze, if you want your level tested, please send out your level again. The testers you sent it to must have missed it completely; this time, I hope they will respond.

We really need to pick up the pace now. Over half of the levels in this WAD are done. Why aren't we working any faster? This is ridiculous. Get moving!

In any case, Happy New Year!

Old Post 01-01-11 23:25 #
The Green Herring is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TheMionicDonut

Do you still check the Channel? I thought I saw Pottus there around October.

Old Post 01-02-11 05:16 #
TheMionicDonut is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

I do. Haven't seen him there in a while.

Old Post 01-02-11 05:24 #
darkreaver

Damn, his map looked so promising!

Old Post 01-02-11 06:58 #
darkreaver is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Glaice
formerly Mr. Chris

Since I don't know where to post in regards to a question, is it all right to contribute an existing map I made that's on /idgames to the project?

The map in question is titled "Chapel of Chaos" after clicking my signature link.

Old Post 01-15-11 18:00 #
Glaice is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

Levels that have already been released are not allowed, ever. I apologize. You can always sign up and make a new level for it, though. Thank you for your interest!

Last edited by The Green Herring on 01-15-11 at 18:41

Old Post 01-15-11 18:36 #
Kirby

Posting here to say I'm alive an working, and have slightly more free time now. Can I put that to use on my map? That is the magic question :P

Old Post 01-26-11 13:11 #
Kirby is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
pcorf

Haven't made any more progress on my latest map for a few weeks because of a busy schedule in life. But I'm hoping to get back into it within the next few weeks. Its about 60% done in layout.

Old Post 01-26-11 14:16 #
pcorf is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
yellowmadness54

Can I...be apart of it?

I work nonstop on my maps.

I keep difficulty in mind but not over doing it (IE dumping 40 revenants on a staircase)

However, I prefer a classic look to my maps to feel more original to doom 2. I play with architecture alot.

Here are some of my maps in progress that I'm most proud of.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQg5qMTx_co

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_ryfgL2XjE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inkULrZpsXw

all my other videos are me playing other DOS FPS games, so dont worry about them.

Old Post 01-26-11 22:47 #
yellowmadness54 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Anima Zero
Forum Regular

Checking in as usual here.

Old Post 02-01-11 17:53 #
Anima Zero is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
justanotherfool

Anima Zero said:
Checking in as usual here.

Me too.

Haven't had any new maps to look at in a while, though.

What happened to Mr Freeze's map?

Old Post 02-01-11 23:05 #
justanotherfool is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

So, as you can see, today's status check was done earlier today. I couldn't post an announcement at the time, however, because I had to go to school right then and there. No one is in danger this time, except for Mr. Freeze, who has missed three status checks in a row. I've sent him an e-mail and a PM about this, although one erroneously included a link to the old thread. On that note...

justanotherfool said:
What happened to Mr Freeze's map?
His map is 100% complete and was sent to playtesters, but he received nothing from them. I've suggested he resend the level (so that the testers, including the newer ones, will be able to see it) at least once in private, and once in public; he does not appear to have ever done so. Either way, he should at least report his status till I know he has.

A few others have missed one check; please take a look at the list and report your status. Keep up the good work!

Old Post 02-02-11 03:11 #
darkreaver

herro. Still here.

Played through my map here the other day, and I`ve decided (as I have mentioned once before I think?) that I wont be changing very much of the VISUALS in the map. Gameplay will however be tweaked a little.

I`m hella busy with other projects atm, but fear not, there isnt much left to do with my cc4 map, and it will be done :)

Old Post 02-02-11 04:46 #
darkreaver is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Qaatar

Checking in.

Old Post 02-02-11 18:53 #
Qaatar is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Mr. Freeze
etc.

checking in

Old Post 02-03-11 01:14 #
Mr. Freeze is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Alfonzo
Broadcaster

Also checking in.

Old Post 02-03-11 12:59 #
Alfonzo is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Anima Zero
Forum Regular

Checking in again.

Old Post 02-28-11 23:44 #
Anima Zero is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
lupinx-Kassman

I still live.

Mr. Freeze said:
checking in

I hope they notice your map this time.

Old Post 03-01-11 02:15 #
lupinx-Kassman is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Processingcontrol

I'm 99% done with my level, just having a lot trouble getting some new textures I added (they're just patches from TNT) to work in prboom (They work fine is zdoom for some reason). After I'm done with this (anyone know how to fix it?) I'll send the level to the testers.

Old Post 03-01-11 03:16 #
Processingcontrol is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Rambosee
Rambodo

Processingcontrol said:
I'm 99% done with my level, just having a lot trouble getting some new textures I added (they're just patches from TNT) to work in prboom (They work fine is zdoom for some reason). After I'm done with this (anyone know how to fix it?) I'll send the level to the testers.
probably it's because the texture heights are outside the base-2 system. I had a similal problem with one of my maps, and a member pointed it out. Look it up on how to put the textures inside the base-2 system. Hope I helped. It may or may not know if it works, because I have no idea what base-2 system is anyway, I'm just stating something another member said.

Old Post 03-01-11 03:36 #
Rambosee is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Processingcontrol

Nope, it's not that, but thanks anyways.

Old Post 03-01-11 03:43 #
Processingcontrol is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Alfonzo
Broadcaster

Checking in once more. Give me something to test!

Old Post 03-01-11 16:29 #
Alfonzo is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
justanotherfool

lupinx-Kassman said:
I still live.

I hope they notice your map this time.

We can't 'notice' it if we haven't been given a copy in the first place. I never received a copy, and based on the total absence of any other feedback I'm probably not the only one.

As TGH says, Mr Freeze should resend the beta, this time making sure everyone on the testing list gets it.

Checking in, by the way.

Old Post 03-01-11 16:44 #
justanotherfool is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
RjY
anARCHy

I usually just ping Herring on IRC for status checks instead of using this thread for postcount, but recently I keep missing him due to timezones. Also it occurred to me that to the 99% of you that never go in #cchest, I am invisible. So, let's post here for once! Hi! ♥

I don't recall ever receiving Mr. Freeze's map. In fairness it could have been one of a few expired links I found in my private messages after not reading the forums for a couple of months last year.

Old Post 03-01-11 19:20 #
RjY is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

Today's status check was delayed until the late afternoon due to having to head out to school shortly after I got up. Thankfully, nothing drastic happened in the interim.

This time, five people missed two status checks in a row: Jimmy91, Nameless, printz, phlum, and azureace. All of them have been e-mailed (when applicable) and PMed. Shortly after I sent an e-mail to him, azureace responded to inform me that he was recently put on deployment, although he can still try to playtest in his free time (despite the shaky network in his location.) Wherever he's been put, I wish him good luck.

Thankfully, no one's in danger of removal this time, although a few people missed today's check. However, I must reiterate something I said back in January, although a little differently: Mr. Freeze, if you're still waiting for testing reports, please send your level to the current playtesting roster, as seen in this thread and the sign-up list. From the look of things in this thread, this does not appear to have happened. Please do so as soon as possible.

Old Post 03-02-11 03:09 #
Qaatar

Just received Processingcontrol's Demon Research MAP28. Will be playtesting shortly.

Old Post 03-02-11 19:48 #
Qaatar is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Phobus
Forum Staple

Figured I'd give st.alfonzo something to do :P

Also considering taking on a later map slot in the project as a third and definitely final contribution, given how slow progress is here at the moment. Not too sure if muy maps are good enough that you'd want about 10% of the wad to be made up of them though.

Old Post 03-03-11 15:25 #
Phobus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Mr. Freeze
etc.

Map will be resubmitted to the beta-testers ASAP. Everything OK otherwise.

Old Post 03-03-11 20:29 #
Mr. Freeze is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
[WH]-Wilou84

Just got maps from Processingcontrol and Mr. Freeze ( thanks guys ), I should spam playtesting reports soon.

Phobus said:
Also considering taking on a later map slot in the project [...] Not too sure if muy maps are good enough that you'd want about 10% of the wad to be made up of them though.

Both your previous CC4 entries are great, I hope you'll eventually come up with a third one :)

Old Post 03-04-11 19:56 #
[WH]-Wilou84 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote