Doom monster
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Community Chest 4 > The Community Chest 4 Status Check Thread, Part 3
Pages (11): « First ... « 7 8 9 [10] 11 »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 19:32. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Processingcontrol

Any update on project status, TGH?

Old Post 01-27-12 20:05 #
Processingcontrol is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
blob1024
Forum Regular

TimeOfDeath said:
I'm working on my CC5 map right now. :)

lol thats the spirit :)

Old Post 01-27-12 20:06 #
blob1024 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Processingcontrol

TimeOfDeath said:
I'm working on my CC5 map right now. :)

That's nothing, I already finished all my CC maps up to CC9 .

http://27.media.tumblr.com/avatar_6feb8634e3d0_128.png

Old Post 01-27-12 20:13 #
Processingcontrol is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Keeper of Jericho

CC5: to be released in 2022. =)

Old Post 01-28-12 10:20 #
Keeper of Jericho is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

Funny that you should be the last poster, KoJ, because The Forgotten Base is in. Caves of Wonder, my cavern level, may also be brought in to replace Glaber Base 6 (as described here), though I'll have to wait for more playtester input on my level first to see whether adding it in would be a wise idea.

Get Community Chest 4 here!

Old Post 01-28-12 10:36 #
The Green Herring is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Phobus
Forum Staple

So, is it that we have a 32 map megaWAD now and you're just waiting to see whether Caves of Wonder or Glaber Base 6 should be in the final cut?

Old Post 01-28-12 11:48 #
Phobus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Keeper of Jericho

The Green Herring said:
Funny that you should be the last poster, KoJ, because The Forgotten Base is in.

Glad to hear it. =) Speaking of my maps, did my E3 map "Deepholm" make it in, too?

Old Post 01-28-12 15:37 #
Keeper of Jericho is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

Phobus said:
So, is it that we have a 32 map megaWAD now and you're just waiting to see whether Caves of Wonder or Glaber Base 6 should be in the final cut?
There is one episode 3 map slot remaining, before we can say we have a full megawad for sure. However, I've had a bit of trouble trying to pick a level for it, due to school and other things that have taken up my time. I just hope I can pick one and hear from our testers before too much longer.

Old Post 01-28-12 17:25 #
The Green Herring is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Phobus
Forum Staple

Ahh, we're doing well then. Might be worth just making a gut call on the maps if the testers don't seem to be getting back, as there's not an awful lot of point delaying when we already have more than enough maps.

Old Post 01-28-12 19:34 #
Phobus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
walter confalonieri

that's cool to hear it, TGH...

Old Post 01-28-12 19:43 #
walter confalonieri is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Snakes

The Green Herring said:
There is one episode 3 map slot remaining, before we can say we have a full megawad for sure. However, I've had a bit of trouble trying to pick a level for it, due to school and other things that have taken up my time. I just hope I can pick one and hear from our testers before too much longer.

Shiiiiiiiit.

I'll get something to you by the end of my night. Sorry - the last ~50 days of my life have been fairly nonstop, so not much Dooming has been done.

Old Post 01-28-12 20:42 #
Snakes is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
[WH]-Wilou84

The Green Herring said:
I just hope I can [...] hear from our testers before too much longer.

As far as I'm concerned, you already have my reports for all the available E3 map candidates. If you need anything else or if I forgot something, just ask.
Your E2 map is well worth a slot in the project. :)

I'm not sure whether all the serious bugs in those E3 maps were fixed or not - the latest version I have of The Ultimate DooMer's "Expect the Unexpected" has many texture problems, monsters that can't teleport in, and a massive inescapable hole somewhere in the map ( see report for details ).

If you think Joshy's map 30 is too hard for average players, then TimeOfDeath's offering will surely scare them away :p

Old Post 01-29-12 00:17 #
[WH]-Wilou84 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

Though I've yet to play through the whole thing to see what I'll need to change, I admit "ball-crushingly hard" may have been an inaccurate phrase for me to use for MAP30. It's more like "the first half is annoying." More specifically, "there are too many arch-viles" and "you seriously won't let anyone get out after the blue key without chipping away at the cyberdemon blocking the way?" That's where a tester who attempted to play it died, in a 20-minute demo labeled "fuckthis.lmp." There was a reason for that filename...

Old Post 01-29-12 00:35 #
Hirogen2

The Green Herring said:
Caves of Wonder[...]to replace Glaber Base 6 [...] wait for more playtester input on my level first to see whether adding it in would be a wise idea.

There is no doubt about doing that.

Old Post 01-29-12 12:40 #
Hirogen2 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TheMionicDonut

At this rate, CC5 Will be out before CC4

Old Post 01-30-12 01:42 #
TheMionicDonut is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Joshy

The Green Herring said:
"fuckthis.lmp."
Not cool man. :P I'm assuming the tester rushed into the tower to grab the key but the cyber keeps blocking the entrance? A bit of monster blocking line should do the trick.

And the arch-viles aren't really that bad either (but it's all relative too...). Just which particular ones were the most bothersome?

Old Post 01-30-12 03:22 #
Joshy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

It was mostly the first two arch-viles, who can make the first part of the level luck-based sometimes, and that there were too many arch-viles when you unleash the demon horde by the BFG, or so that tester reported. I will have to try playing it some more.

Meanwhile, I regret to announce that Degrassi won't be making it into CC4 after all. Surprisingly enough, I'm saying this from a speedrunning perspective. After a few tries on UV, and trying out HMP, I figured this could go in as MAP32 after some more, rigorous testing; it'd be a perfect place for a level that unusual and which stands out so much from the rest of the levels. Then I watched the high-speed solution demo (for the lack of a better term) TimeOfDeath included, and it turned out to be over one hour long. For a high-octane slaughtermap, I feel that's a bit ridiculous. "Weaker" players have access to saved games (along with lower difficulty settings), but that's not a luxury you have when speedrunning, and I can name very few people who would want to spend hours trying to UV max an hour-long map. TimeOfDeath's told me that he'll put it in Slaughterfest 2012, and I'll agree it'd fit better in that project. It's a shame I had to turn this one down, but thankfully, those who were looking forward to the level will get to play it when he posts it in the Slaughterfest 2012 project thread.

Old Post 02-10-12 02:45 #
RjY
anARCHy

Oh well. It's a shame about the work ToD put into making skills 2 and 3 playable by mere mortals, but fair enough. SF2012 already has some excellent maps in it, so it'll be in good company.

Old Post 02-10-12 07:39 #
RjY is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
darkreaver

The Green Herring said:
It was mostly the first two arch-viles, who can make the first part of the level luck-based sometimes, and that there were too many arch-viles when you unleash the demon horde by the BFG, or so that tester reported. I will have to try playing it some more.

Leave it as it is, and release this project. I wanna plaaaaay!

Old Post 02-10-12 12:49 #
darkreaver is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
[WH]-Wilou84

Second that.

Those two Viles aren't that unfair, considering it's map 30 on UV. Check the demos I've sent you, TGH :p
Speaking of seemingly "unfair" situations I'd be more concerned about the sudden Cyberdemon encounter at the lift in "Technoprison" by the same author :)

Any news from The Ultimate DooMer ?

Old Post 02-10-12 13:12 #
[WH]-Wilou84 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TimeOfDeath
Forum Regular

RjY said:
Oh well. It's a shame about the work ToD put into making skills 2 and 3 playable by mere mortals, but fair enough. SF2012 already has some excellent maps in it, so it'll be in good company.
Adding difficulty settings didn't take THAT long, I just like complaining about it. :)
If it wasn't for CC4, I don't know when that map would've been finished. So, thanks!

Old Post 02-10-12 19:01 #
TimeOfDeath is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TheMionicDonut

How goes it?

Old Post 02-23-12 03:05 #
TheMionicDonut is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
printz
CRAZY DUMB ZEALOT

How is your berserk map doing, TheMionicDonut? Does it still rely on berserk and saw? Because I liked that.

Old Post 02-23-12 09:47 #
printz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TheMionicDonut

That map got scrapped three years ago. I may bring it back for CC5. At the rate things are going here, it may come out before CC4.

Old Post 02-27-12 04:02 #
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

I've decided to announce the last level that will be in Episode 3: Melting Universe II. (I'm changing the Arabic numeral to a Roman one to maintain consistency with "Vulcana II.") Now I will need to get my level in a "submission" state that I'm satisfied with, thus finishing off Episode 2, and then the beta compilation process can officially begin.

School and burnout have taken a bit of a toll on me, but I'm glad I was able to get here! Aren't you?

Old Post 02-29-12 23:31 #
Phobus
Forum Staple

Excellent news!

Old Post 02-29-12 23:45 #
Processingcontrol

Finally!

Old Post 03-01-12 01:19 #
[WH]-Wilou84

Hell yes. :>

Old Post 03-01-12 10:12 #
blob1024
Forum Regular

nice, keep us updated :) i want to be finished with any other demorecording by the release of cc4 :p

Old Post 03-04-12 09:45 #
blob1024 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
C30N9

Nice news. Congrats for reaching the end.

I was looking forward to how Nuclear Nightmare changed though. :P

Old Post 03-04-12 13:03 #
C30N9 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote