Doom Comic
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Community Chest 4 > The Community Chest 4 Status Check Thread, Part 3
Pages (11): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 » ... Last »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 06:52. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
phlum
Warming Up

Just checking in. Still beta-testing.

Old Post 03-04-11 20:12 #
phlum is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Phobus
Forum Stapler

Got some solid feedback and good suggestions from st.alfonzo, so I'll be making some alterations to MAP03 and MAP10 in the very near future. I'll resubmit them to TGH directly, as they've been very thoroughly playtested by a fair number of good playtesters now.

I've also decided (and been persuaded) to sign on a for a third mapslot. It'll be a MAP2#, and hellish. I'll do an official sign-up when I'm ready to start the map, but it should be within a week or so.

Old Post 03-09-11 13:08 #
Phobus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Phobus
Forum Stapler

Double Post:

Ok, alterations to my maps are made. Here's what they are:
-MAP03: Three's A Charm
--Invisibility secret has been altered so that getting to the secret doesn't mean you must pickup the invisiblity
--Minor texture alterations made around the secret vent
--Fixed a couple of corrupted sidedef issues that had crept in
--Removed all "missing upper/lower texture" errors to make the error check come up clean

Apologies to st.alfonzo, but I didn't fancy messing with the lighting in the central section in the end, as there's quite a few sectors and the effects vary based on port of choice.

-MAP10: Hoedown
--The no-entry sign in the main entrance to the western area has been pushed back 16 units so that the medikit isn't sitting directly on the line of the step
--The curved window being overlooked by the ledge full of imps has been widened by 16 units, to make the enemies more effective
--16 shells and 60 bullets have been added to the blue key room in order to allow for a less explorative playstyle whilst still allowing for max kills comfortably
--Altered the architecture and texturing slightly in a small side area of the building in the central part of the map to improve aesthetics

I've rebuilt the nodes and am just resubmitting to TGH now. These maps should now be "extra-final" and more ready for release than anything else I've made thus far, assuming no new bugs crept in when I made these alterations. A quick test-and-check session would imply that its fine.

As you can see, I've also signed up to my third slot and put a progress thread up outlining my plans, ready for when I actually start making progress ;)

Old Post 03-11-11 18:21 #
Phobus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Hirogen2

Hm, I have not received any map updates (not even any private message) since January 22. Sure that you're sending it to all on the tester roster if you had not already had a map review from me? Maybe I should proactively look at new threads, just to be safe.

Old Post 03-19-11 21:52 #
Hirogen2 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Processingcontrol

Hirogen2 said:
Hm, I have not received any map updates (not even any private message) since January 22. Sure that you're sending it to all on the tester roster if you had not already had a map review from me? Maybe I should proactively look at new threads, just to be safe.

I sent my level to all the testers who didn't have an @ next to their name. I'll send my level to you now.

Actually, it's been over two weeks since I've sent it, and RjY is the only testers whose responded.

Old Post 03-19-11 21:59 #
Processingcontrol is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
C30N9

I have sent the map to the first 3 testers from the list 5 days ago, they read it after 2 hours bit no respond.

Is there any active testers now? (except Herogen, I will send you later)

Old Post 03-20-11 13:59 #
C30N9 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Alfonzo
Broadcaster

C30N9 said:
Is there any active testers now?
Yep, spin me a PM and I'll have one scratched up for you by the end of the day (GMT +1!).

Processingcontrol said:
Actually, it's been over two weeks since I've sent it, and RjY is the only testers whose responded.
Sorry, yeah, I did recieve your map Processingcontrol. It was the last map to be tested on my to do list, but the delay is unacceptable! I'll spin you a PM with my findings before the day is over, along with C30N9's.

Old Post 03-20-11 14:16 #
Alfonzo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
[WH]-Wilou84

C30N9 said:
Is there any active testers now? (except Herogen, I will send you later)

I've been very busy lately ( still haven't got enough time to compile my feedback for Mr. Freeze and Processingcontrol's behemoth of a map ), but please send your map to me as well. I can't guarantee I'll reply within the next two hours but I'll see what I can do :)

Last edited by [WH]-Wilou84 on 03-20-11 at 14:38

Old Post 03-20-11 14:24 #
[WH]-Wilou84 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
C30N9

Ok, so I will be sending my last map to st.alfonzo and [WH] in the next 10 minutes if you are online.

EDIT: Hirogen2 too!

Last edited by C30N9 on 03-20-11 at 16:58

Old Post 03-20-11 16:52 #
C30N9 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Anima Zero
Forum Regular

Checking in here. Just took a look at Suburbia from Jimmy and sent off a quick report. Will get around to testing the other two maps I have tomorrow and get reports off on those within a day or so (Been real lazy with those two maps, sorry :P!).

Old Post 03-21-11 14:44 #
Anima Zero is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Jimmy
doesn't rhyme with MIDI :(

I still have two at-signs, so I'm posting here just to officially alleviate this. :P

If there was any doubt on the subject, Suburbia is more or less done and has been submitted. :P

Jimmy's Blog of Death - I make terrible posts here.

Old Post 03-21-11 16:47 #
Jimmy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

Today's status check sees printz in danger of being booted for inactivity, after missing three checks in a row. Thankfully, he's the only one today. Kirby has missed two checks, however, and should inform me of his status immediately.

That's basically it, actually. A few people missed the last one, but hopefully, everyone's working hard on getting their levels done and testing others. Keep going, folks!

Get Community Chest 4 here!

Old Post 04-02-11 00:11 #
The Green Herring is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Rambosee
Rambodo

Checkidy check check.

Old Post 04-02-11 02:03 #
Rambosee is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kirby

I got the notice for missing two today - IM STILL WORKING I SWEAR T_T

I need to make a serious update. I would like to request that you get a serious update out of me this month - expect at least a screenshot or two and a progress update. If you don't get that before the end of the month then surrender my slot. I have every intention of finishing this map but if I can't give the necessary updates and can't prove I'm finishing it then I need to be cut out before I stagnate for over a year and leave what I have to the dust.

I do have every intention of making and updating and all-of-the-above, but hold me to it. That is all :P

Old Post 04-02-11 07:37 #
Kirby is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Anima Zero
Forum Regular

Checking in here while nothing is going on at the house here.

Old Post 04-04-11 00:11 #
Anima Zero is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
lupinx-Kassman

Although I have posted in threads within the cc4 forum recently, it would probably be more polite if I mentioned that I am still alive in this thread.

Old Post 04-04-11 05:31 #
lupinx-Kassman is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Katamori
Forum Staple

How many progress need to send the WAD for testers? Because my progress is about 20-30% but it's the architecture only so it doesn't contains any monsters yet.

Old Post 04-04-11 13:05 #
Katamori is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Processingcontrol

Katamori said:
How many progress need to send the WAD for testers? Because my progress is about 20-30% but it's the architecture only so it doesn't contains any monsters yet.

I think you're supposed to send it when your 100% done. It's more effecient if you send it in it's completed form rather than forcing the testers to play it over and over again.

Old Post 04-04-11 20:06 #
Processingcontrol is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Hirogen2

I would not actually mind getting multiple copies of a map. Up to three or four, I'd say. It only happened once so far, but I did suggest a relayout to one. And in such cases, you want to know that early.

Old Post 04-06-11 18:47 #
Hirogen2 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
justanotherfool

Checking in.

Have been bogged down by studying which is why I haven't posted any testing reports in a while, but things should ease up in a couple of days.

Had a brief look at Jimmy's map but still need to gather my thoughts on that.

Old Post 04-18-11 05:00 #
justanotherfool is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Phobus
Forum Stapler

I'll check in to avoid the @ - I can also give an exact date when I'm meant to have time to get back to hobbyist mapping too. 20th May is my final hand-in for my last major project for uni.

So after that I'll stop holding back the 1994 Tune-Up Challenge, and then get to work on my map, even if it can't make it in on time.

Old Post 04-18-11 12:14 #
[WH]-Wilou84

Phobus said:
So after that I'll [...] get to work on my map, even if it can't make it in on time.

Your map concept sounds great, so I hope to see this in CC4 nevertheless.

Checking in, as usual. Got Processingcontrol's latest beta, which shall be playtested soon.

Old Post 04-18-11 19:40 #
[WH]-Wilou84 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Phobus
Forum Stapler

I'll make the map regardless, as it's a concept I'd like to see come to fruition. Feels like it'll be a good one if I pull it off even reasonably well. Probably release it as a single map (perhaps with a run-up small map or something) for ZDoom if it doesn't make it into CC4 on time.

Old Post 04-19-11 11:58 #
Aleaver
Can't spll

So any idea for an ETA for this project?

Old Post 04-19-11 17:50 #
Aleaver is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
jointritual
Mini-Member

Checking in also although map isn't progressing as fast as I would like, maybe the cc curse is kicking in heh...

Old Post 04-19-11 19:57 #
jointritual is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Alfonzo
Broadcaster

Just a quick announcement regarding my current activity and testing plan:

I have been unable to test the majority of maps sent to me recently due to work and such, but with these problems finally out of the way I should be able to knuckle down and get all of the current maps tested off by the end of this coming week.

I will also be looking to test all maps focusing extensively on difficulty settings (HNTR, HMP & UV), so if you feel your map has not received sufficient feedback regarding difficulty settings then I would only be too happy to give your map a thorough run-through. There are plenty of other play testers providing excellent feedback in other areas of testing, so I feel this approach might offer a wider more complete feedback for the mapper before final compilation.

Old Post 04-23-11 12:10 #
Alfonzo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Phobus
Forum Stapler

Sounds good, st.alfonzo - although you may a bit dissappointed by how little effort goes into difficulty modes, as its very rare for the ammo to be balanced to go with the lower monster count (the original Doom and Doom2 have that problem too).

Old Post 04-23-11 12:25 #
Alfonzo
Broadcaster

Yes, this is something I suspect many mappers won't be interested in balancing out for that reason alone, so I suppose I'm mainly looking to encourage those who are seriously interested in creating well balanced difficulty settings. Even if you aren't particularly interested in balancing difficulty settings however, it's worth nothing that there are often changes that can be made toward a map that require minimal alterations to item and monster makeup to balance it out; especially where a map focuses largely on "set piece" combat and the like.

For those maps that I am currently in possession of for testing (PC's and Jimmy's), these will also receive extensive reports regarding difficulty settings, though obviously whether you choose or care to implement these changes is as great a question of time as it is simply optional. Don't be scared by the influx of suggestions: I'm just making it my practice to include these findings regarding difficulty!

Happy mapping!

Old Post 04-23-11 18:39 #
yellowmadness54

Can I get a due date for this?

man, I cant believe that virus cleaned out my maps...sigh.

Also, can I get a change of level to perhaps first group? If not, dont worry about it, I dont really care, I just prefer that sky texture.

Old Post 04-24-11 16:54 #
yellowmadness54 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Rambosee
Rambodo

Its a CHECK!

Old Post 04-29-11 03:08 #
Rambosee is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote