Archvile
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Community Chest 4 > The Community Chest 4 Status Check Thread, Part 3
Pages (11): « First ... « 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 » ... Last »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 12:27. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

Today, two playtesters have missed three checks, and have thus been warned that if they do not perform a status check by next month, they will be removed. They are justanotherfool and Qaatar, and both have been PMed and e-mailed (when applicable.)

Oddly enough, the only one who missed two checks this time was Jimmy91, in regards to his Episode 1 level that Mechadon detailed. I have PMed him to warn him about this.

A few others have missed a check and should check in as soon as possible. Alas, as I warned in my previous post, I have removed azureace from the playtesting roster. I hope he's all right.

Keep on goin'!

Get Community Chest 4 here!

Old Post 08-02-11 03:04 #
The Green Herring is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TheMionicDonut

Blargh. Stuff happened

Old Post 08-02-11 08:38 #
TheMionicDonut is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Sodaholic
I feel justified yet disgusted with myself at the same time

You might as well remove me from the roster, I lost all inspiration to work on my map. Jimmy, if you'd like to take it over and turn it into your own map, that'd be fine with me.

Old Post 08-02-11 13:09 #
Sodaholic is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Pottus
Forum Regular

Sodaholic said:
You might as well remove me from the roster, I lost all inspiration to work on my map. Jimmy, if you'd like to take it over and turn it into your own map, that'd be fine with me.

How does that happen ?

Old Post 08-02-11 21:43 #
Pottus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Jimmy
doesn't rhyme with MIDI :(

Posting in this thread. :)

As I believe I already stated, my map has had a few changes made to it since its initial release to the testers, per the feedback I received. However, I think only two out of the ten testers whom I sent my map have responded, so it's not had any massive changes to it, just some useful bugfixes and such.

TGH, would you like a copy of the map in its current state?

Soda, I'll see if I can do anything with your map.

Jimmy's Blog of Death - I make terrible posts here.

Old Post 08-03-11 02:20 #
Jimmy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

Jimmy91 said:
TGH, would you like a copy of the map in its current state?
Yeah.

Jimmy91 said:
Soda, I'll see if I can do anything with your map.
Might be hard to do that, though, seeing as though Sodaholic's been Losered. Unless you can contact him at the ZDoom forums...

Old Post 08-03-11 02:23 #
The Green Herring is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Jimmy
doesn't rhyme with MIDI :(

Yeah, he's still on ZDoom, and I have a copy of the map. Won't be able to promise anything regarding its completion, however - I'm knee-deep in stuff at the moment.

Jimmy's Blog of Death - I make terrible posts here.

Old Post 08-03-11 02:29 #
Jimmy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Pottus
Forum Regular

I can finish it off there Jimmy if you want to send it this way.

Old Post 08-05-11 02:36 #
Pottus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Anima Zero
Forum Regular

Usually check in on time, but I've been extremely busy this last week with real life stuff (helping out my dad with getting around to clinics and stuff due to a fractured right ankle suffered last Friday). Will check out the latest maps sent to me and get some beta testing results sent off by weekend's end at least.

Old Post 08-05-11 15:59 #
Anima Zero is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Pottus
Forum Regular

Anima Zero said:
Usually check in on time, but I've been extremely busy this last week with real life stuff (helping out my dad with getting around to clinics and stuff due to a fractured right ankle suffered last Friday). Will check out the latest maps sent to me and get some beta testing results sent off by weekend's end at least.

Ya I feel your pain Anima, I had my femur, tibia and fibula fractured in my left leg in a car accident broken bones are such a hassle.

Old Post 08-05-11 20:44 #
justanotherfool

I'm here, but I don't think I'm in a fit state to continue as a playtester and I wish to be withdrawn from the project.

Still suffering from the depression I posted about last year when I missed a bunch of status checks, and I'm feeling very drained and demotivated indeed.

I had a look at Jimmy's map, but I felt too burnt out to even finish testing it, even though it's a very polished map that doesn't look to have much wrong with it at all. Haven't looked at any of the other maps I said I'd soon get around to in my last check in.

My slot should be given to someone who might actually be able to make use of it, because I sure can't :/

I'd like to apologise to C30N9 (Is that right?) and ProcessingControl whose maps I said I'd get around to looking at but didn't, and all the other mappers who've been waiting for me to look at their maps. If you sent me a PM you won't have gotten a reply because I haven't even logged into DW for months. I'm sorry for not replying to people's messages too.

Last edited by justanotherfool on 08-07-11 at 04:45

Old Post 08-07-11 04:39 #
justanotherfool is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
C30N9

justanotherfool said:
I'd like to apologise to C30N9 (Is that right?) and ProcessingControl whose maps I said I'd get around to looking at but didn't, and all the other mappers who've been waiting for me to look at their maps. If you sent me a PM you won't have gotten a reply because I haven't even logged into DW for months. I'm sorry for not replying to people's messages too.

Welcome back. It is ok, actually the map I sent had gone into 8 versions with others, which I was afraid you're gonna review the first one :). No problems.

Old Post 08-07-11 13:56 #
C30N9 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Processingcontrol

The testers are taking forever (as usual). I've only got 2 responses after a few weeks.

Old Post 08-10-11 04:08 #
Processingcontrol is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
MegaDoomer
Loser

Can I be beta-tester number 10?

I just noticed it was vacant and love providing insight into community mapsets like this. :)

Old Post 08-10-11 04:54 #
MegaDoomer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Shadow Dweller
Forum Regular

I got bored, so I'm sending an updated version of Map21 Detachment. Basically, I fixed some things, added some details, moved some stuff, added a room I don't know what to do with, and added a berserk pack behind the helicopter pad at the start of the map.

Old Post 08-21-11 10:30 #
Shadow Dweller is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Processingcontrol

Yesterday I sent my E1 map to TGH. I wanted to have at least 5 testers test it, but I was only able to get 4, and I awesome the other ones aren't doing anything because there's been 1-2 months without response.

Old Post 08-31-11 04:02 #
Processingcontrol is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Hirogen2

Speaking of which, I could use a doom map soon again ;-)

Old Post 08-31-11 22:06 #
Hirogen2 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Alfonzo
Broadcaster

This is a check-in. There are many like it but this one is mine.

Although I didn't recieve any maps for testing this past month with the exception of C30N9's, I still have something of a backlog. Expect results!

Old Post 09-01-11 20:25 #
Alfonzo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Snakes

Status check: my status is the baddest.

Just waiting on more maps right now. Playing the alpha at a painfully slow pace.

Old Post 09-01-11 20:50 #
Snakes is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
C30N9

st.alfonzo said:
This is a check-in. There are many like it but this one is mine.

Although I didn't recieve any maps for testing this past month with the exception of C30N9's, I still have something of a backlog. Expect results!

Actually, it is on the map list...

Old Post 09-01-11 20:51 #
C30N9 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
[WH]-Wilou84

/me is still around. Please let me know if you need playtesting reports.

Old Post 09-01-11 21:11 #
[WH]-Wilou84 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

The latest status check was completed earlier. Qaatar has been removed for failing to respond to four status checks in a row — which is a shame given he playtested my Year 23 WAD so fervently. What happened? He has not posted here since May, and has not had any activity on his YouTube account since July. I wish he'd return! For now, though, I have no choice but to take him out of the playtesting roster. He has been e-mailed and PMed about this.

In addition, lupinx-Kassman, phlum, and SonidoSpeed have been warned for missing two status checks in a row. In particular, however, I have not seen a single test report from phlum since he joined back in April of last year, which is making me unsure he's actually doing what he's supposed to do. All three have been e-mailed and PMed.

Several others have received marks for missing this status check. Please respond as soon as you can.

Old Post 09-01-11 21:34 #
Phobus
Forum Staple

I'm still here, although I really doubt I'll have the time to finish my map before this project is finished. I also kind of hope that is the case, as we have a lot of mappers here. Still, I'll do what I can.

Old Post 09-01-11 23:01 #
Phobus is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Keeper of Jericho

My map's entering the final stage. I'm at 98% or so. Need to get the final battle right and make the exit, then it's on to the testers.

EDIT: Map's 100% finished and has been sent to the testers.

Last edited by Keeper of Jericho on 09-03-11 at 02:01

Old Post 09-02-11 11:19 #
Keeper of Jericho is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
phlum
Warming Up

I'll have to drop out since I'm starting college very soon. Apologies.

Old Post 09-03-11 15:11 #
phlum is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
jointritual
Mini-Member

Still working on my map!

Old Post 09-07-11 17:10 #
jointritual is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Phobus
Forum Staple

I was wondering why it is I've been feeling rather apathetic towards this project as of late, so I took a bit of a read through this forum and made a few discoveries that surprised me:

1) Community Chest 3 has been out nearly 4 years - didn't seem anywhere near that long to me.
2) This project has been in progress for over 3 years itself, due to a dramatic start that resulted in Death Destiny leaving the community.
3) My first entry for this is nearly 3 years old, was something like the 4th map finished and seems to have been one of the most rigourously playtested in the whole set.
4) My second entry for this is over a year old - also thoroughly playtested.
5) The number of threads started saying that a map was 0.001%-5% done, along with all the cancelled maps the project has seen implies that we've probably had at least 2 megawads of maps started (or intended to be started) for this project. Quite a depressing failure rate.
6) We had an ambition of getting this out for December 2008... right until it was pointed out only 5 or 6 maps were finished within a month or so of that deadline.

I'm quite astounded that this has gone on so long, to be honest! And we still have somewhere between 3-9 maps that need completing, according to the first post in this project.

I have to say that I'm extremely grateful for TGH putting up with organising this and trying to get work done for so long.

Old Post 09-08-11 00:30 #
Phobus is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
yellowmadness54

well I'm late by quite a few days (6 to be exact)

But I'm here still. Sept1 was my birthday, so I was out and about.

Old Post 09-08-11 00:41 #
yellowmadness54 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

You would be correct on all counts, Phobus. I'm especially sick of all the people who sign up with enthusiasm about their level, make a post or two about their level with a few screenshots, and then disappear off the face of the Earth, never to be seen again. Or from this forum, posting in every other forum on this site as if this one didn't exist. This would seem to make up a significant portion of the people who signed up for this project.

I'd like to add one thing, though. All the way back when the project was first being talked about, there was quite a bit of planning going into it. I don't think it was even supposed to start until January 2009. Then Death-Destiny pressured me into starting the project half a year earlier than intended, and much of that planning went out the window. I'd wager that would account for why the project has taken this long to make.

As for the "dramatic start," make no mistake: As far as I'm concerned, anyone who wants Death-Destiny to come back is lying to themselves.

Old Post 09-08-11 01:18 #
Phobus
Forum Staple

Yeah - although that's practically history now, I do remember him leaving being a well received action.

I still fear the high number of people who simply don't commit past the first couple of days of mapping are the bigger issue though, as even with DD's cocking up the start, there have been times where we've had 32 different people all "working" on one map at the same time. If everybody had done their maps at a reasonable pace, we could have had the megawad within a month or two. That's what always surprises and dissappoints me about these sorts of projects - anybody enthusiastic enough to sign up and contribute one map doing whatever they want should be able to get it done to a reasonable standard in a couple of months unless they're far too busy. If they are that busy, they shouldn't be signing up really.

Whilst I appreciate that I really can't talk, given I planned out a third submission and have since done nothing else for this project, I was hoping I'd not really need to even make a second submission at one point, due to all the people who were meant to be working.

Tell you what, I'll put up a thread in Projects and see if I can spur on a drive to get more mappers in to fill the remaining slots. There's only about 5 maps that need doing. People like valkiriforce could fill that quota with good maps overnight!

Old Post 09-08-11 10:52 #