Icon of Sin / Baphomet
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Community Chest 4 > The Community Chest 4 Status Check Thread, Part 3
Pages (11): « First ... « 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 » ... Last »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 22:52. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
esselfortium
A Major Doomworld Concern

jointritual said:
I seriously doubt anyone will have finished their map by that deadline, What happens then?

TGH fires up Slige and quits the community in disgust?

Old Post 10-04-11 00:21 #
esselfortium is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Processingcontrol

jointritual said:
I seriously doubt anyone will have finished their map by that deadline, What happens then?

TGH gets Adam Windsor to make a bunch of filler maps?

Old Post 10-04-11 00:32 #
Processingcontrol is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
RjY
anARCHy

I thought no new submissions meant no new signups. That was the only interpretation that made sense... you can't make unpaid volunteers work faster.

Clarification please, Mr. Herring :-)

Old Post 10-04-11 01:31 #
RjY is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Phobus
Forum Staple

He can stop waiting for you though, which is what he will do. If you've volunteered to make a map and can't deliver in a timely manner, you may as well have not volunteered at all. After 3 years or so in development "a timely manner" has well and truly had the piss taken out of it.

Frankly, if anybody can't make an alright map in a month and a half I'd be shocked. I'm quite tempted to put BtSX mapping on hold for a month or so and make a third submission for this just to prove the point. I realise I did lay out a plan for a third map a while ago, but that plan is for too large a map for this deadline and having already finished two maps I had rather wanted to let other people get in there.

Old Post 10-04-11 21:05 #
Phobus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Snakes

^ Pretty much that.

I've already considered putting UR/BtSX mapping on hold for this project, and given the initial reaction to the "harsh" deadline, I very well may just throw something together over the next month. Granted, I tend to map quickly once I get going (it's never taken me more than 2 weeks to finish a map), I still think anybody in this project should be capable of finishing their map within six weeks.

Hell, I remember joining this website and being excited for CC4 back then. It's high time this thing gets finished.

Old Post 10-04-11 21:17 #
Snakes is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Christoph

Checking in. I haven't been working on my map much lately, but this is a good reminder/inspiration to do so.

Old Post 10-04-11 21:41 #
Christoph is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

I would reply to RjY's post, but Phobus expressed essentially what I was going to say. When a project has been in development for three years, there's no excuse to be lazy when a deadline is imposed. At this point, more than ever, procrastination will not be tolerated. You don't have to make the greatest level ever; just make an okay level and you'll be good.

In other news, I've removed TheStiCat from the roster at his own request:

Sorry, I've been really busy lately. Also, I would like to drop out of the project as it looks like my map is not good enough, and I'm too busy to fix it.
-TSC

Get Community Chest 4 here!

Old Post 10-05-11 02:03 #
The Green Herring is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
C30N9

C30N9 said:
What happened to my last map sent?

Grrr I need to bump. :P

Also, come on finish your maps, please no more huge maps.

Old Post 10-05-11 13:59 #
C30N9 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

Hadn't managed to find the time to play it till now. Judging from the WAD I received, with its seemingly unfinished gameplay, it seems fine to me. I do hope there are going to be more enemies and items in there, though. :)

Old Post 10-05-11 15:50 #
The Green Herring is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
eternal slumber

Everyone didn't sign-up at the very beginning of the project though, did they? But yeah, even a year is a long time for a map.

Btw, I promise my map will be finished before the deadline. I'll send the UV version first, after I playtest it. Then I'll work on the medium difficulty version.

Old Post 10-05-11 17:09 #
eternal slumber is offline Profile || Blog || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Processingcontrol

I guess I'll bump too... :P

Processingcontrol said:
TGH: Are you going to accept my E3 map? I understand if you think it's too big, and I'm fine with releasing it separately.

Also, speaking of that map, It took me 5 months (not including testing) to complete it, and it's about 4 times (not sure) the size of an averagely sized map, which means that I worked at pace of 1.25 months per decently sized map.

Clearly, a whole year is more than enough time. :P

Old Post 10-05-11 21:39 #
Processingcontrol is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

I will try to make time in my schedule to play each of the levels that are waiting for approval. Which is... what, three levels, now? Man.

Meanwhile, Sheepmyshaver123 has been removed from the project at his own request:

Hello,

I've suspended the development of "Miracle Twin Islands"
DOOM map for CC4 because I have my personal life times that affect the
development timeline of MTL. This map is was used as a upcoming [sic]
Community Chest 5 in the future. Thank you.

Regards,
Sheepmyshaver123

Old Post 10-06-11 16:36 #
eternal slumber

Yo, just a heads-up that I won't be able to confirm my status on Nov 1st. My pal is coming over in 10 days and we gotta rehearse for some gigs, then he leaves on Nov 2nd (I don't have internet at my place). My map will be cutting it close to the deadline, but it will make it on time.

Old Post 10-14-11 18:18 #
eternal slumber is offline Profile || Blog || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
pcorf

I'm thinking about releasing Vulcana II as a standalone map to idgames because I'm starting to get doubts about cchest4 ever been released now.

Old Post 10-23-11 11:32 #
pcorf is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Phobus
Forum Staple

Oh yeah, because removing (nearly) completed maps from the project will really help there.

Old Post 10-23-11 12:30 #
Phobus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
eternal slumber

pcorf, the official deadline is November 16, 2011. Could you wait another month and see how things look after the deadline? :)

Old Post 10-23-11 18:15 #
Anima Zero
Forum Regular

Doing my usual check in here before getting occupied by Halloween stuff tonight.

Old Post 10-31-11 16:23 #
Anima Zero is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Phobus
Forum Staple

I will definitely finish Viral Implant in time for the deadline - work was delayed by 32in24-11, but that was good practice for the Viral gothic mapping style.

Old Post 10-31-11 17:51 #
[WH]-Wilou84

Checking in.

Old Post 10-31-11 17:59 #
[WH]-Wilou84 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
jointritual
Mini-Member

Should have my map sent for testing tomorrow hopefully.

Old Post 10-31-11 21:20 #
jointritual is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
eternal slumber

Little drummer boy is leaving my place Wednesday morning, so I'll start adding monsters/playtest my map Wed night.

Old Post 11-01-11 00:09 #
Crusader No Regret

Checking in.

Old Post 11-01-11 00:24 #
Crusader No Regret is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
pcorf

eternal slumber said:
pcorf, the official deadline is November 16, 2011. Could you wait another month and see how things look after the deadline? :)

Thats okay. I'll wait. Lets see where the project is around Easter next year. Maybe I will make another map if I am in the right mood but its hard to come up with ideas amongst fears that my maps will not be good for anybody. (too symmetrical because of lack of ideas)

Old Post 11-01-11 04:08 #
pcorf is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Mithran Denizen

Checking in here.

I've been unexpectedly busy over the last two weeks, but I've been picking away at my map and I hope to have another batch of screenshots up sometime within the next few days.

Old Post 11-01-11 04:29 #
Mithran Denizen is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Snakes

Things are rolling along. Probably around Mr. Halfway Point right now.

Nothing on the testing front... C'mon people.

Old Post 11-01-11 04:32 #
Snakes is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

Today marks the last status check before the deadline. SonidoSpeed has been dropped for missing four status checks in a row. Tango missed three status checks in a row and is thus in danger of being dropped. Use3d, Jimmy91 (in regards to his edit of Sodaholic's map), darkreaver, and TheMionicDonut have missed two. All of them have been e-mailed and PMed about this when applicable.

Please get moving, people. There are eight levels left to fill the roster, and the deadline is half a month away. Good luck, and good mapping!

Old Post 11-02-11 02:43 #
Hirogen2

The first map review request since a month came in :o

Old Post 11-03-11 07:37 #
Hirogen2 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
walter confalonieri

mmm... after a pair of days of brak, i'll start back to working on my map....

Old Post 11-04-11 22:19 #
walter confalonieri is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
yellowmadness54

OOoooh shit I better haul ass, then!
I plan on getting some more work done with it, too, remapping certain parts.

Old Post 11-05-11 00:14 #
yellowmadness54 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Phobus
Forum Staple

Right, it's just hit my birthday today so I doubt i'll be getting much work done in the next 24 hours. However, I can finish up on the 16th quite reliably I reckon and therefore hand in just in time (I hope). I'm in the last 5% of architecture, layout and detailing I think - just ran out of time today.

EDIT (11/14/2011 4:36 PM PST): Moved into proper thread. -TGH!

EDIT2: Cheers TGH! :)

Last edited by Phobus on 11-15-11 at 00:56

Old Post 11-15-11 00:25 #