Doom Comic
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Community Chest 4 > The Community Chest 4 Status Check Thread, Part 3
Pages (11): « First ... « 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 21:16. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Phobus
Forum Staple

Double Post: Just posting to say that I've so far received solid feeback from [WH]-Wilou84, RjY and Anima Zero with preliminary feedback from Crusader No Regret as well.

Reception has been pleasantly positive so far and I've had good suggestions for tweaks, fixes, difficulty settings and co-op implementation that I intend to mix with any more feedback I get over the next couple of days before implementing in one solid go. I'll then swing for a second round of playtesting for those who express interest I think, just to make sure all is well with my alterations.

EDIT: Got some in-thread feedback from Hirogen2 as well. 5/9 is pretty good. I'm away for the weekend, but when I'm back I'll get to work no the tweaks and be happy to sign off on it afterwards.

EDIT2: Got full feedback from Crusader No Regret as well now - I've picked up definite trends from the overall feedback so far that will make a few nice fixes/tweaks to the map.

Last edited by Phobus on 11-19-11 at 07:53

Old Post 11-18-11 00:23 #
Phobus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

For those curious, the maps that were submitted/sent for testing for which I have copies, and are awaiting evaluation, are listed below.

For episode 2:
Temple of Verdance by Pottus
Viral Implant by Phobus
Orbital Wetworks by Mithran Denizen
Suburbia by Jimmy and Mechadon
Industrial Gothic by Processing Control
(untitled cavern level) by The Green Herring

For episode 3:
Expect the Unexpected by The Ultimate Doomer
Spiritual Holocaust by darkreaver
Demon Research by Processing Control
Shaman's Device by lupinx-Kassman
Degrassi by "Anigav"
Dynasty by oldspice
Deepholm by Keeper of Jericho

That last level for episode 2 will be sent to testers shortly, after which a thread will be created. For the sake of balance, I will be using playtesters' reactions to determine whether the level should be included.

Take note: There are only three free level slots left for episode 2 (or four, depending on something,) and three for episode 3. Given that I have next week off, I will have quite some time to work on this. Stay tuned!

Get Community Chest 4 here!

Old Post 11-18-11 23:55 #
The Green Herring is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
jointritual
Mini-Member

So mine and CN309's level isn't really required then? I don't mind as I don't like it that much personally, I will still finish it though...

Last edited by jointritual on 11-19-11 at 16:20

Old Post 11-19-11 15:58 #
jointritual is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lite Sparkle
Pistol Start

I thought that if the 16th had passed, all maps that are either unfinished or send on the 17th were discarded, or am I being wrong here?

Can I have an explanation of this please? Cause I don't understand anymore...

Old Post 11-20-11 00:40 #
Lite Sparkle is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
walter confalonieri

send it to testers and reading the various feedback, then i'll work on then...
and since the things everybody says is add more monsters variation and ammo, i'll just taking it easy...
when finished, i'll send it to you TGH and to testers again...

Old Post 11-20-11 00:41 #
walter confalonieri is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
lupinx-Kassman

The initial version of the map that I submit on the 16th had some trouble running in prBoom, and TGH, Hirogen2, and Megadoomer let me know as much, so I had resent a fixed version to everyone. So far I have gotten reports from Anima Zero and [WH]-Wilou, and have addressed the suggestions they made. Reception is pretty positive so far. I think I will wait a bit more to see if any of the other testers have map feedback as well before sending a final version though.

Old Post 11-20-11 01:29 #
lupinx-Kassman is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
walter confalonieri

hello to all, i'm still working on my map and i've added more monsters variation in the map, coming along with more ammo working... also added more details in the sector 97...

Old Post 11-25-11 17:18 #
walter confalonieri is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TimeOfDeath
Forum Regular

(I'm eternalslumberparty / Anigav)

I heard back from Hirogen2, Wilou and RjY. I'm a bit of a diva and will only change a couple textures to make a puzzle more obvious. I get the impression that degrassi would fit better as a stand-alone map outside of CC4 because of tester feedback, no CC4 textures, and gameplay. But, I'll send the final version of degrassi to TGH if the testers are finished.

Old Post 11-25-11 18:15 #
TimeOfDeath is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
RjY
anARCHy

After you a) made the effort to do a non-extreme version for lower skill levels without compromising UV and b) worked hard to get the map finished for the deadline, I must insist you keep it in CC4, without changing any more than you are willing to. If anyone moans about it later just tell them you wanted to take it out but I twisted your arm.

Old Post 11-25-11 19:32 #
RjY is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Processingcontrol

I personally don't want any extremely hard maps in, mostly because I don't want to turn down the skill level just for one map in the entire wad, and I'm sure many causal players will ragequite when they reach it.

But then again, Demon Research was very hard too.

Old Post 11-25-11 20:26 #
Processingcontrol is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Phobus
Forum Staple

If it was MAP32 it'd be comfortably skippable with no real worry for compromise?

Old Post 11-25-11 20:52 #
Phobus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Hirogen2

+1 for MAP32 :)

BTW: Is there a particular reason why there are multiple blue and yellow skulls in the Degrassi map?

Last edited by Hirogen2 on 11-26-11 at 16:10

Old Post 11-26-11 15:52 #
Hirogen2 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Phobus
Forum Staple

As a status update, my CC4_PH3 is complete. Everybody who got an e-mail or PM from me with the previous version, use the link I provided then to download the latest version.

Old Post 11-26-11 16:39 #
[WH]-Wilou84

Phobus said:
If it was MAP32 it'd be comfortably skippable with no real worry for compromise?

Same here.
Hopefully edoanimus will consider trading his slot.

Old Post 11-27-11 18:39 #
[WH]-Wilou84 is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TimeOfDeath
Forum Regular

K, I emailed TGH the final version. It's got new music and the demo still syncs.

Hirogen2 said:
BTW: Is there a particular reason why there are multiple blue and yellow skulls in the Degrassi map?
The two blue skulls in the small room: I just put one on both sides, no reason. The many yellow skulls in the big cave: just to look cool in the shape of a diamond. The many redskulls in the mansion: each is on a secret sector.

But the extra skulls in the south-east section of the map: that section was originally a separate map before I added it to degrassi, but I left the keys in that section just for fun.

Old Post 11-27-11 19:39 #
TimeOfDeath is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Shadow Dweller
Forum Regular

Is it too late to change the sky in my map to something else? The current sky doesn't mesh well with some parts of the map.

Edit: Also, if it's not too big of a deal I'd like to use the music from TnT MAP04 as the background in my map, if that's possible and/or allowed.

Last edited by Shadow Dweller on 11-28-11 at 04:13

Old Post 11-28-11 04:07 #
Shadow Dweller is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Sodaholic
I feel justified yet disgusted with myself at the same time

Checking in. I should note that I haven't had as much time lately as I'd like to have to be able to beta test. I've been busy with school work, and on top of that, I recently got pneumonia.

I'll try to keep up on it best I can, though, I promise.

Old Post 11-29-11 02:07 #
Sodaholic is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Alfonzo
Broadcaster

My apologies to those who have sent me maps to test but have not yet recieved a response. I'm sitting down tomorrow in my spare time to hammer out some reports, and hope to get everything cleared by the end of that day.

This is a guarantee that's so secure you could slap a sticker on it.

Old Post 11-29-11 02:29 #
Alfonzo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
lupinx-Kassman

Finals are this week, so I have been spending most of my time studying for them. My map is up to version four now though after I have gotten feedback from a few testers (I just recently sent this version four to all testers). I strongly believe that the next updated version will be the final wad I give to TheGreenHerring.

Old Post 11-29-11 10:28 #
lupinx-Kassman is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Phobus
Forum Staple

st.alfonzo said:
My apologies to those who have sent me maps to test but have not yet recieved a response. I'm sitting down tomorrow in my spare time to hammer out some reports, and hope to get everything cleared by the end of that day.

This is a guarantee that's so secure you could slap a sticker on it.

I'll be waiting... with my sticker :P

Old Post 11-29-11 11:56 #
Snakes

An impromptu vacation to my cousin's place in the mountains stole all of the days I had set aside for testing. I should be able to send all notes to the mappers tonight and tomorrow, should it be necessary.

Old Post 11-29-11 15:16 #
Snakes is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
jointritual
Mini-Member

My map is about finished, I aim to have it sent to the TGH by the end of next week, probably won't need further testing we'll see.

Old Post 11-29-11 21:24 #
jointritual is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Snakes

The only maps I have left to test are Phobus', Anigav's and, as you well know, your own TGH. It looks as though Phobus has already gone forward and I feel that my notes on Anigav are mostly things that he wouldn't want changed (and frankly, I love the way its designed, but these are "CC4-styled notes). I may have TGH's map done late tonight, but more likely tomorrow evening.

Phobus, would you like any thoughts from me or am I too late?

Old Post 11-30-11 05:28 #
Snakes is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Phobus
Forum Staple

I think it'd be worth seeing your feedback, because there's always a chance you'll find something that really wants changing or fixing. I'm sure TGH won't mind an even-more-final version coming his way if that is the case.

Old Post 11-30-11 14:12 #
Snakes

So every time I come home, I'm either

1) Greeted with an impromptu (paid) trip to the movie theater or

2) Greeted with impromptu bullshit about I don't even know what.

Basically, sorry I haven't sent the notes yet and maybe they'll be sent tomorrow, and if not, saturday at the very very latest or I quite the community and force myself to play Duke Nukem Forever the entire way through. If that doesn't motivate me, I don't know what will.

Old Post 12-02-11 03:28 #
Keeper of Jericho

Still waiting for the feedback on my updated map, but once I receive that I'll send my map in to TGH.

Wew, CC4 is almost done at last?

Old Post 12-02-11 10:07 #
Keeper of Jericho is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
[WH]-Wilou84

Keeper of Jericho said:
Still waiting for the feedback on my updated map[...]

Sorry for the delay, I'm pretty busy those days.
I've replayed your map, thanks for taking our feedback into account !
The final fight is definitely better.
Jumping sequences are still not my cup of tea, but you made the whole thing easier so I think it's good enough.

Seems your map isn't on the list TGH posted above ( although you submitted it in time if my memory serves me well ), you may need to contact him about that.

Keeper of Jericho said:
Wew, CC4 is almost done at last?

Let's hope so :)

Old Post 12-02-11 23:08 #
[WH]-Wilou84 is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
lupinx-Kassman

Alright, just sent out my final version of "Shaman's Device" to TGH. I hope everything goes smoothly from here on out. *collapses*

Old Post 12-04-11 12:27 #
TimeOfDeath
Forum Regular

Yo TGH, what's your status? Or are you giving us a taste of our own medicine? :)

Old Post 12-09-11 18:54 #
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

Although it's obviously too late to make this year's Cacowards, I would like to get this WAD out by the end of the year. No guarantees, however, due to college, but at least my semester will end next Friday.

In addition, I am waiting for reports from some of my playtesters — particularly Snakes, RjY, and st.alfonzo — before I work on and send out the updated version of my cavern level, even if it's not guaranteed to be in.

Get Community Chest 4 here!

Old Post 12-09-11 22:12 #
The Green Herring is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote