Spider Mastermind
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Community Chest 4 > The Community Chest 4 Status Check Thread, Part 3
Pages (11): « First ... « 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 23:56. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Phobus
Forum Stapler

The Green Herring said:
[...] In addition, I am waiting for reports from some of my playtesters — particularly Snakes, RjY, and st.alfonzo — before I work on and send out the updated version of my cavern level, even if it's not guaranteed to be in.
I stopped waiting after about 3-4 peoples' feedback, which was a wise move in retrospect as a couple of the testers still haven't got back. I'd say you're probably there by now :)

EDIT (4:21 PM PST): Added quote for context. :) -TGH!

Last edited by The Green Herring on 12-10-11 at 00:21

Old Post 12-09-11 23:50 #
Phobus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TimeOfDeath
Forum Regular

Thanks for the update TGH. :)

Do you have an updated maplist? Which maps will be in, which maps will be out, which maps you're not sure about yet?

Old Post 12-10-11 18:54 #
TimeOfDeath is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
yellowmadness54

My map tester was losered, so I need to resend it.

Old Post 12-10-11 22:29 #
yellowmadness54 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
HavoX

Any updates so far, TGH?

Will it still be out before year's end?

Old Post 12-25-11 01:42 #
HavoX is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
printz
CRAZY DUMB ZEALOT

HavoX said:

Will it still be out before year's end?

That would rush things, considering people are likely going for skiing the end of this December.

Old Post 12-25-11 06:53 #
printz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

Admittedly, I've been at a bit of a glacial pace (pardon the pun this season) with both processing and my own level. I will, however, say that Viral Implant, Suburbia, and Shaman's Device are going to be in the WAD. I will try to get the aforementioned done before my next semester begins next month.

Get Community Chest 4 here!

Old Post 12-29-11 05:01 #
The Green Herring is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TheMionicDonut

So January release?

yeay. And I only had 5 maps come in and fizzle/suck.

Old Post 12-29-11 08:09 #
TheMionicDonut is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Phobus
Forum Stapler

The Green Herring said:
Admittedly, I've been at a bit of a glacial pace (pardon the pun this season) with both processing and my own level. I will, however, say that Viral Implant, Suburbia, and Shaman's Device are going to be in the WAD. I will try to get the aforementioned done before my next semester begins next month.

:D

It'll be good to finally have this done. There's been a lot of levels I've been looking forwards to playing!

Old Post 12-29-11 10:55 #
Phobus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Keeper of Jericho

Sent in my second CC4 map, "The Forgotten Base" to TGH today. Probably about time I did so.

Old Post 12-29-11 13:22 #
Keeper of Jericho is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
blob1024
Forum Regular

nice to hear you are close to finish it, im looking forward playing through it. guess ill start with fdas for the mappers to have more feedback at start.

Old Post 12-29-11 17:34 #
blob1024 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Christoph

I haven't really worked on my 2nd map much, unfortunately :( - always busy and distracted. I did tinker around with some ideas though (and possible other map ideas). Hopefully I can just carve an hour out of each day and maybe actually get somewhere with it...

I hate to see this drag out so long too, but I know there are some good maps in there already, and hopefully the rest will be worth the wait. Let's make it happen!

Old Post 12-30-11 18:40 #
Christoph is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TimeOfDeath
Forum Regular

The Green Herring said:
Admittedly, I've been at a bit of a glacial pace (pardon the pun this season) with both processing and my own level.
Yo TGH, deadline was November 16, why are you still working on your level? :P

Old Post 12-31-11 18:15 #
TimeOfDeath is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

I have a copy of the WAD, and thus it has technically been submitted for consideration. I have allowed people to update their WADs even after submission, in order to fix bugs and other concerns brought up by testers. Why would I violate my own rules?

Old Post 12-31-11 20:00 #
The Green Herring is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TimeOfDeath
Forum Regular

Just teasin' and motivatin'. :)

Old Post 12-31-11 20:06 #
Capellan
Forum Regular

Processingcontrol said:

TGH gets Adam Windsor to make a bunch of filler maps?

Unfortunately(?) for TGH, I don't have spare Doom levels just lying around on my hard drive these days, unlike back in 1996 :)

Old Post 01-10-12 04:48 #
Capellan is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TimeOfDeath
Forum Regular

Well, it turns out that there were more than 32 submitted maps. So, some of the maps are fighting against eachother for a spot in CC4.

Any more accepted/cut maps, TGH?

Old Post 01-10-12 19:39 #
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

Spiritual Holocaust will be in there as a later E3 map. And since you asked, Dynasty won't be in because it is frankly impossible to beat from a pistol start due to the lack of ammo, weapons, or health compared to the opposition you face. I should also note that Glaber Base 6 may be removed from the roster, despite being listed as "accepted," because it was accepted in the early part of the project (when Death-Destiny was a co-leader) when any submitted map would make it in regardless of quality. Were it submitted today, it would never make it in, and the beta test reports I got at the time and since would back that up.

Old Post 01-10-12 19:57 #
Processingcontrol

Will Glaber Base be released elsewhere? Despite looking pretty amateurish I was still looking forward to playing it, and the author hasn't posted in over a year so I doubt he'll do it himself.

Old Post 01-10-12 21:25 #
Processingcontrol is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Gordon
Mini-Member

So only two more maps need to be approved?

Old Post 01-10-12 23:17 #
Gordon is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
walter confalonieri

but.... did you have my map?

Old Post 01-16-12 02:28 #
walter confalonieri is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

I do not have your level, walter, because as far as I can tell, you have never sent it to me.

Meanwhile, I took a look at Ragnarok, another level that was accepted back in the "any submitted level accepted" part of the project, and I've officially determined that it will stay... but not without editing to take it from "ball-crushingly difficult" to "very hard, but possible for the average Doomer to beat with a significant amount of effort." Stay tuned.

Old Post 01-19-12 01:32 #
blob1024
Forum Regular

The Green Herring said:
"ball-crushingly difficult" to "very hard, but possible for the average Doomer to beat with a significant amount of effort." Stay tuned.

can you actually add in a smaller release all the map before the changes after the final version of cc4 is completed? might be interesting to see how the levels evolved and got edited/improved

Old Post 01-19-12 11:57 #
blob1024 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TimeOfDeath
Forum Regular

TGH, I didn't realize there was a difficulty requirement for this project. I'm not sure how you feel about Degrassi (looks or gameplay), but if the gameplay needs to be changed for it to be in CC4, then I would like to withdraw my submission. Just a heads up, just in case. :)

Old Post 01-19-12 17:34 #
General Rainbow Bacon
may have been DoomHero85 at some point

I really like challenging maps, could someone post a link to the "ball-busting" version so I can have a shot at it?

Old Post 01-20-12 01:24 #
General Rainbow Bacon is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Hirogen2

I really had no problem with Degrassi. Better a map that can be completed at one skill level below than a map that can't be completed on any skill level.

Old Post 01-20-12 14:59 #
Hirogen2 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Snakes
Forum Staple

General Rainbow Bacon said:
I really like challenging maps, could someone post a link to the "ball-busting" version so I can have a shot at it?

Probably not until after CC4's release, if at all. I'll keep a copy on my drive just in case (if it's the map that I'm thinking of, that is).

Old Post 01-20-12 17:02 #
Snakes is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
walter confalonieri

The Green Herring said:
I do not have your level, walter, because as far as I can tell, you have never sent it to me.

Oh, really? So i'll see to re-send it again...

Old Post 01-21-12 15:00 #
walter confalonieri is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Joshy
Forum Regular

The Green Herring said:
Meanwhile, I took a look at Ragnarok, another level that was accepted back in the "any submitted level accepted" part of the project, and I've officially determined that it will stay... but not without editing to take it from "ball-crushingly difficult" to "very hard, but possible for the average Doomer to beat with a significant amount of effort." Stay tuned.

I lol'd.

Just kidding. Which part did you find was the most difficult? I was thinking the final arena fight could have an extra invulnerability sphere or two to allow for more chances? But as for the rest, I thought everything before the arena fight wasn't that difficult as you suggested.

Old Post 01-24-12 03:15 #
Joshy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TheMionicDonut

Keep that difficulty for coop play though.

Old Post 01-27-12 18:57 #
TheMionicDonut is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TimeOfDeath
Forum Regular

I'm working on my CC5 map right now. :)

Old Post 01-27-12 19:40 #