Baron of Hell
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Community Chest 4 > CC4 MAP05: The Falls of Doom
Pages (2): « 1 [2]  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 21:58. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
natt

Processingcontrol said:
I just ran into a problem:

I changed the music to a track from Duke Nukem 3D (Pissed Office Box.) Basically the track plays fine in PrBoom, but in zdoom it sounds all messed up. Anyone know what causes this and how to fix it?

If you can give me a copy of the track, I'll take a look at it.

Old Post 06-25-11 19:25 #
natt is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Processingcontrol

New title: The Falls of Doom

I changed the music to "Aliens Say Your Prayers," which fortunately sounds fine in zdoom because it's such an awesome track.

More shots:

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/8096/screenshotdoom201106272.png

A room with a Blue/Red theme stolen from/inspired by what I've seen in Aleaver's map

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/8096/screenshotdoom201106272.png

One of the more detailed rooms in the level

http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/8096/screenshotdoom201106272.png

A view from the other side

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/8096/screenshotdoom201106272.png

I'm starting to really abuse that 3d effect

Old Post 06-28-11 04:08 #
Processingcontrol is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
C30N9

Looks cool, but don't you think that the rooms are giant?

Also you need some more light variation.

Old Post 06-28-11 06:45 #
C30N9 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
jointritual
Mini-Member

Looks pretty neat although there might be too much texture variation in the first shot imo...

Old Post 06-28-11 18:41 #
jointritual is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Christoph

Looks way awesome! I like the size of it, and don't think the colors of the first screen are too bad (though it might be better it was either all one color or those colors with a different pattern - maybe broken up (red and blue) into smaller segments or something - just an idea.

The one thing I think should definitely be changed (in the first screen) is the indented floor's grey brick lower texture - it should be x-aligned by 32, at least on the parts that run with the long way of the brick floor texture - otherwise it doesn't look like actual bricks. A similar idea for the perpendicular lines of the same thing (the lines running the short length of the floor's bricks) is to chop the line up into lengths of 32 and align them to match the corresponding floor texture (assuming there is no texture already made for that).

Old Post 06-28-11 19:32 #
Christoph is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Christoph

I also realized a finer detail concerning my last point (not that this whole thing is that important except for aesthetics) - you'd probably have to have the 32-length linedefs off by, say, 8 from the floor textures, so that when you align them you won't have to chop the whole length into 16-long bits (except maybe where it hits the corners) / to avoid chopping the crease between the bricks in half.

Old Post 06-28-11 19:40 #
Christoph is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Snakes

Also, in shot 3, give the green floor a green border instead of a brown one. It'll look less awkward. In addition, I'd think twice about the amount of extraneous floor detail you're adding, as it could cause a frustrating amount of "screen bumping" to occur in PrBoom+.

Still looking good overall, though.

Old Post 06-29-11 04:54 #
Snakes is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Processingcontrol

Thanks for the feedback!

I'll try to make the requested changes.

Old Post 06-29-11 17:03 #
Processingcontrol is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Processingcontrol

I've been making a lot of progress lately.

The version for the play testers should be available by the end of the month.

Old Post 07-16-11 05:51 #
Processingcontrol

I finally just finished this. I'll play through it one more time before sending it to the testers.

Old Post 07-26-11 05:02 #
C30N9

You done it nearly in 3 months. Wow great! Looking forward to playing it.

Old Post 07-26-11 06:57 #
C30N9 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Hirogen2

Processingcontrol said:
I changed the music to "Aliens Say Your Prayers," which fortunately sounds fine in zdoom because it's such an awesome track.

How it really sounds depends on the (sound) engine used. There is quite a difference between Timidity (which itself can be loaded with different patchsets such as fluidr3 or eawpats), "GUS", "OPL synth emu"—or "unplugged acapella" (btw, anybody know where the origin of that is?).

EDIT: Clarify "the engine used" -> "the sound engine used".

Last edited by Hirogen2 on 08-07-11 at 14:27

Old Post 07-26-11 09:39 #
Hirogen2 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote