Archvile
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Community Chest 4 > CC4 - Map 2X - Pain en Masse

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 14:03. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
TheMionicDonut

Comcast are a bunch of poops so I still dont have access to Internet at the house until tonight. But in the WEEK AND A HALF that it took them to do something remotely right, I started a new map for CC4, and it isn't going to suck this time! YAAAY!!!

But Screenshots are still inaccessible until tonight. BOO!!!

Point is, the idear for this map came while I was trying to install quake during my downtime but because technology is stupid, I couldn't install that either. So I decided to dedicate my time to recreating a Quake map on a boom compatible Doom map.

The result will be this map.
No points for guessing which one I am revamping.

As it stands layout is about 30 percent done.

Old Post 06-01-11 20:06 #
TheMionicDonut is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TheMionicDonut

Oh hey its screenshot time

http://i.imgur.com/EQVCu.jpg
Near the beginning.

Also pictured: Free chainsaw.
Not pictured: about a score of pinkies to use said chainsaw on.

http://i.imgur.com/2vibp.jpg
This is the part where you actually get a shotgun. You are gonna have some fun before getting it though.

Problem, Pistol starters?

http://i.imgur.com/oKn72.jpg
Oh yesh, there will be marble.

http://i.imgur.com/MXu2N.jpg
Just giving a little heads up, you guys are gonna hate this room.
It's also a bit under construction, so dont feel underwhelmed.

http://i.imgur.com/TrU6J.jpg
A heavy weapon this early in the map? There has to be a catch...

Old Post 06-01-11 23:51 #
TheMionicDonut is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Processingcontrol

Those are some cool looking shoots, but the gamma's way too high.

I'm still wondering what happens when you pick up that plasma gun. Maybe... ...a trap?

Old Post 06-09-11 02:54 #
Processingcontrol is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
lupinx-Kassman

Neat-o, but I hope that the rooms only appear fullbright due to the gamma settings, and not the actual light levels. Light variation is important.

Old Post 06-09-11 04:31 #
lupinx-Kassman is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TheMionicDonut

Yeah its gamma crap. There is light varience, worry not.

Map is on temporary hiatus due to it being my turn on the Progfic project.

Old Post 06-10-11 06:54 #
Phml
Forum Staple

Not enough bread.

Old Post 06-10-11 11:43 #
Phml is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DeathevokatioN
Forum Staple

Looks good, but it does look a bit flat, layout wise.

Old Post 06-10-11 15:21 #
DeathevokatioN is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Hirogen2

Notes: Even with the gamme this high, there is not much light variation (the "do not touch" picture) in the portrayed room it seems. From what is shown, I would suspect that an ambient light source (sky) or a general bright light cone (a wall of, say, LITE3/LITE5) must be immediately behind the player's back for the shown light level to be attained reasonably.

Old Post 06-12-11 07:48 #
Hirogen2 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
yellowmadness54

looks cool...

I think ill touch that plasma gun.
I like the hallway picture, too. Though something about the blood splattered wall seems off.

On a side note:
Comcast? Damn, I wish I still had comcast, I have knology now, worst-cable-ever.

Old Post 06-12-11 21:45 #
yellowmadness54 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TheMionicDonut

Hirogen2 said:
Notes: Even with the gamme this high, there is not much light variation (the "do not touch" picture) in the portrayed room it seems. From what is shown, I would suspect that an ambient light source (sky) or a general bright light cone (a wall of, say, LITE3/LITE5) must be immediately behind the player's back for the shown light level to be attained reasonably.

Oh much more will be done with that. It probably wont even be marble there once I'm through. The image was just some sort of idear what you are all in for.

Old Post 06-19-11 00:49 #
MajorRawne

I'm dying to find out what happens when you get the plasma gun... nobody give it away please!

Old Post 06-19-11 19:40 #
MajorRawne is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
jointritual
Mini-Member

I think the do not touch thing is a touch pointless lol sigh

Old Post 06-19-11 20:03 #
jointritual is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TheMionicDonut

MajorRawne said:
I'm dying to find out what happens when you get the plasma gun... nobody give it away please!

Only I know for sure at this point, the map is nowhere near complete. And I have a higher map related priority at this moment

jointritual said:
I think the do not touch thing is a touch pointless lol sigh

If, once this gets released, just one schmuck goes and touches it and suffers the consequences, it will have served its purpose.

Old Post 06-19-11 20:35 #
DeathevokatioN
Forum Staple

Oh come on... you can't put a plasma rifle down and expect me not to touch it. ;)

Old Post 06-19-11 21:01 #
DeathevokatioN is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Hirogen2

MajorRawne said:

Blunt stats: It would be unlikely for it not to be a trap involving player damage, probably it even will be a monster trap, for dropping floors combined with falling damage are a Hexen speciality, and a crusher or something like that has not a lot of "action required to justify the weapon gift".

Old Post 06-21-11 10:35 #
Hirogen2 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TheMionicDonut

DeathevokatioN said:
Oh come on... you can't put a plasma rifle down and expect me not to touch it. ;)

Of course....thats why I (by I I mean the forces of Hell) put the sign there.

Old Post 06-21-11 16:31 #