Doom Comic
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Community Chest 4 > CC4 map 1x Nuclear Nightmare

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 09:32. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
jointritual
Mini-Member

This is a joint effort between myself and C30N9, Since I'm going to re-texture the map and do the thing placement I thought it warranted a new thread since it will end alot different to the map previously tested, A screenshot I'd say the map is around 50% done...

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-image...m201107211.png/

Old Post 07-21-11 20:22 #
jointritual is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TheStiCat
Green Marine

Looks good.

Old Post 07-21-11 21:10 #
TheStiCat is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
jointritual
Mini-Member

Thanks, hopefully I'll be able to finish the damn thing. :)

Old Post 07-21-11 21:15 #
jointritual is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
C30N9

Great screenshots! And %50? Wow too fast.

Old Post 07-21-11 21:30 #
C30N9 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
jointritual
Mini-Member

This is very close to completion, apart from a few minor things. I should hopefully have it sent for testing before the end of the week...

Old Post 10-24-11 19:07 #
DeathevokatioN
Forum Staple

Awesome shot

Old Post 10-26-11 20:19 #
DeathevokatioN is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
jointritual
Mini-Member

Map is finished and has been sent to a few playtesters.

Old Post 11-13-11 18:37 #
Hirogen2

I see this map has been taken from an earlier mapper and redesigned. Previously, it was - IIRC - held in a Plutonia-esque base that has now been transformed into a Quake thing, which makes the SLADWALL part seem kinda out of place. The monster count has been bumped, which is welcome, though I am missing some protection - a green armor. I also suggest to put two shell things near the start, otherwise you are rather quickly going back from the just-acquired SG (from the first dude) to pistoling, and a shell box somewhere around the exit of the first closing bars trap.

Last edited by Hirogen2 on 11-13-11 at 20:19

Old Post 11-13-11 19:53 #
Hirogen2 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
[WH]-Wilou84

I've just playtested this ( with PrBoom 2.5.0, in UV skill ). It's a major improvement over the first version, that's for sure. Texturing is much more solid, and new areas are quite cool.

Here's a few things that I found worth mentioning :

- The door behind the starting point needs a yellow key, but isn't visually marked as such.
- Ammo is very, very tight. I suggest replacing one of the stimpacks ( thing 422 ) with a Berserk pack, and adding more Shotgun Shells at the beginning. A "real" Shotgun ( i.e. not dropped by a Sergent ) would also be nice for co-op.
- There's no extra monster / item for multiplayer modes.
- If you fall in sector 16, you die, although the SUPPORT3 texture on linedef 2389 tricks us into thinking it's a lift. Adding a proper way to get out of sector 16 could be great. :)
- Linedef 1819 shouldn't be marked as "lower unpegged", it doesn't look right when the door is being opened.
- When linedef 3154 is activated, HOMs are visible near sectors 427 and 429. It's because linedefs 3212 and 3215 etc. need lower textures.
- Linedef 4145 should have the "block monster" flag enabled, as the Imp may easily fall behind when under attack.
- I'd change the floor texture of sectors 45 and 46, they really look out of place here.
- There's a critical lack of health items near the yellow bars / sector 410 :o
A few bullet clips here and there may help as well.
- I'd mark linedefs 685, 748, 749, 750 etc. as "block monster" so that the monsters could not try to climb over those borders.
- Linedefs 4243, 4244 etc. shouldn't be marked as "lower unpegged". The visual effect is pretty poor when the walls lower, it looks like the whole thing is made of cardboard / wallpaper or something.
- I'd prevent the Arachnotron from blocking the lift ( sector 766 ).
- A way to get out of sectors 737 / 755 would be really appreciated.
- The BRICK10 texture on linedef 4696 is misaligned.
- Some Demons are stuck into each other in sector 676, and couldn't teleport in.

Well, quite a lot of things to fix but the map was cool and definitely enjoyable. Major problems here include ammo and health shortage, inescapable pits and stuck monsters, but once you check this you'll be good to go !

Old Post 11-13-11 22:06 #
[WH]-Wilou84 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
jointritual
Mini-Member

Thanks alot for the feedback very helpful, I better start fixing stuff!

Old Post 11-14-11 16:52 #