Cacodemon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Community Chest 4 > Community Chest 4 Compilation Progress / Changelog Thread
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 05:28. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

Phobus said:
Just noticed you have MAP14 down as "Viral Impant". I'm going to assume the missing "l" in "Implant" is a typo and that it won't be an issue in the actual .WAD :)
Yeah, it's just a typo, one that's not in the WAD, and I have no idea how it got there. Thank you for pointing it out. :)

Get Community Chest 4 here!

Old Post 05-22-12 01:45 #
The Green Herring is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

I have updated the changelog with notes for "Viral Implant." I've also sent the first Beta version to all testers, which includes all of the changes in the changelog. Alongside the notes for "Viral Implant," I've added changelogs for later maps to note other bugfixes present in that version. I look forward to the playtesters' reports!

Old Post 05-24-12 04:46 #
The Green Herring is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

I've now added a changelog for "Decomposition." Note that these changes are not in the beta I sent; if you are a playtester and you write a report on this level, check the changelog and make sure whichever bugs or issues you intend to point out are not already listed (as fixed or otherwise).

Old Post 05-25-12 01:03 #
Christoph

I posted a reply to this thread in my own "Grotto" thread but am not sure if I should've posted it here instead, or if it really matters either way, or if someone is doing something about it (modifying that wad) before replying. Just wanted to mention that here.

Old Post 05-25-12 03:21 #
Christoph is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

I did read your posts. Although I have the rest of the WAD to go through, I will keep your points in mind when I go over the levels again to implement my Plans. Thank you. :)

Old Post 05-25-12 05:32 #
darkreaver

I don`t know exactly how this works, but do you PM the planned changes to the mappers before you apply them? If not, can you PM me your planned changes to my map when the time comes?
I`d very much like to see what you have planned before you change anything. Some minor "flaws" may actually be there intentionally =)

Old Post 05-26-12 20:42 #
darkreaver is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

Added a changelog for "Mortar Combat." There are several bugfixes and edits pending for "The Forgotten Base," but I'd like to clear one particular change with its author (who I have e-mailed) before I post about them, as it pertains to the pole-running sequences he put in his level. Hopefully, the solution I came up will ensure there are fewer issues with them while retaining his original vision.

Old Post 05-30-12 03:28 #
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

I got that change cleared with Keeper of Jericho, and so the changelog for "The Forgotten Base" has now been posted.

Old Post 05-30-12 21:40 #
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

Changelogs added for "Metastasize," "Suburbia," and "Technoprison." Joshy won't need to worry about the difficulty being neutered in that third level; none of my edits involve that.

Old Post 06-04-12 05:58 #
Phobus
Forum Staple

Wow, you're really getting through these now TGH - good stuff!

Old Post 06-04-12 10:54 #
Phobus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

And I've just added a full changelog for "Interstellar Sickness." Hooray!

Old Post 06-04-12 21:45 #
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

Changelog added for "Mutare," which I forgot to go through after the first secret level. Now I've only got MAP21-30 to go through. Whee!

Old Post 06-07-12 23:41 #
walter confalonieri

yay! \^0^/

Old Post 06-07-12 23:46 #
walter confalonieri is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Capellan
Forum Regular

The Green Herring said:
"Mutare"

I assume the level name is a reference to the meaning "to change", and not to the city where I was born? :)

Old Post 06-08-12 00:00 #
Capellan is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

Indeed, the name of the level is the Latin word for "to change."

EDIT: Didn't know you were from Zimbabwe. Or did you mean a different city with that name?

Old Post 06-08-12 00:11 #
Capellan
Forum Regular

I was born in Zimbabwe (or Rhodesia, as it was then), though we left when I was a toddler and I haven't visited there since 1995.

Old Post 06-08-12 00:27 #
Capellan is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

Posting to give the beta testers a warning since not all of them check their e-mails or PMs: In the first Beta, due to an error, the included versions of "Interstellar Sickness" and "Shaman's Device" were not the then-latest versions of either level. They're included in the next version of the beta, however, and the then-latest version of that first level was the one I made my listed changes to. Apologies for the inconvenience.

EDIT (5:15 PM PDT): I have now sent a version of Beta 1 by PM with this mistake corrected. Carry on!

Last edited by The Green Herring on 06-09-12 at 01:16

Old Post 06-09-12 00:26 #
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

Added a changelog for "Shaman's Device."

Old Post 06-13-12 04:18 #
Dutch Doomer
Forum Staple

You should also be credited for working on my "Inner Fear" map TGH, I hope you can make it play better.

Old Post 06-13-12 13:25 #
Dutch Doomer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

I don't know about putting myself in the byline for that level. Depending on how my plan is handled, it may be a little much for me to claim authorship alongside you.

Meanwhile, I've added changelogs for "Hell's Limits" and "Melting Universe II." And yes, the dates for the first two entries for the latter are correct; I just wanted to wait till my polishing job reached that level in the map list before I incorporated the edited version into the beta. I also fixed something in "Survival Instincts" that RjY pointed out, which is now included in its changelog.

Old Post 06-17-12 09:17 #
Dutch Doomer
Forum Staple

Ok no problem I'll leave the final decision to you then.

Old Post 06-17-12 12:00 #
Dutch Doomer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
[WH]-Wilou84

The Green Herring said:

MAP32: Mutare -

* The architecture of the jagged cavern (where the arch-vile attacks from a window) in the southeast of the map has been adjusted. It should now (hopefully) be easier to move around in there. [June 7, 2012]

It's possible to knock said Arch-Vile down its ledge when playing with the intended complevel ( 9 ). That's not so bad though, as the Vile would fall in sector 1250 and still be reachable later in the playthrough.

Old Post 06-17-12 12:39 #
[WH]-Wilou84 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

That one was actually fixed at the same time I adjusted the architecture in that room. I'll make a note of it in the changelog, though. Thank you!

Old Post 06-17-12 22:23 #
Processingcontrol

Hey TGH, can you change the name of "The Falls of Doom" to "Downriver"?
Thanks.

Old Post 06-18-12 17:18 #
Processingcontrol is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

Done. While I'm at it, I added to the changelog for "Detachment" as well.

Old Post 06-18-12 17:31 #
Capellan
Forum Regular

Only 5 maps left, by the looks. Excellent news :)

Old Post 06-19-12 05:49 #
Katamori
Forum Staple

Capellan said:
Only 5 maps left, by the looks. Excellent news :)

Wow I didn't even find it out from the first post...if this project will be finished during the summer, this will be my best summer *o*

Old Post 06-19-12 10:31 #
Katamori is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

Added changelogs for "Nightmare Complex," "Reaper's Digest," and "Vulcana II." The last one consists solely of a plan to deal with a Nightmare!-specific concern, as I have yet to find a bug in the level on Ultra-Violence. I also added a bugfix and a change possibility for "Ochregerde."

Three levels left, then I can send a second beta, go back, and work on all the plans I wrote down. And then I'll release a public beta. We're getting close!

Old Post 06-20-12 02:15 #
yellowmadness54

I can't wait for this to finish and be released, I'm sure the hard work will pay off.

It sucks that I felt rush and ran out of time and I had to do a quick (and poor) hashing together for the end part, and eventually just gave up on my map after MY PLAY TESTER GOT BANNED, lol. But I atleast tried to contribute ;)

Best of luck!

Old Post 06-20-12 02:19 #
yellowmadness54 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
[WH]-Wilou84

The Green Herring said:

MAP09: Ochregerde -

* Possible: Remove blue key requirement for removing the barriers to the west of the level's start point, as the blue key comes in too late in the level for that opening to be of much use.

Well, I wanted this door to require the Blue key, so that the player would have to take the lift to escape this area on the first time (s)he gets in ( after getting the Yellow key ) and thus would have to deal with the little fights up there.
In my mind the faster route would only be available in the end, to speed things up as the player goes for the exit.

I know you're trying to help and fix bugs and stuff, TGH, and your work is highly appreciated. But please please pretty please don't change what we level designers had in mind for our own maps ! :)
Maybe some things could seem obscure / of poor choice to you, such as my popping-up monsters on this very same map, but that's the way we wanted our maps to be... If not, I guess we wouldn't have submitted them in this state !

In any case, that's very nice to see that you're getting closer to finishing this. :)

Old Post 06-20-12 05:38 #
[WH]-Wilou84 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote