Sarge
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Community Chest 4 > Mmissing secrets in some of the maps.

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 14:08. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
blob1024
Forum Regular

Map08:
first of all, awesome map :) it is probably the map which gave me the feeling of being lost... the most
my fda was 20min long, I was completely confused, and then I reached exit with 2/16 secret no idea about the yellow key and 35% of monsters left alive (since i was without ammo so often)

then I took my time with clipping and IDDT to figure out what I missed, and I actually discovered so much that I'd have lost otherwise. But I couldnt figure out how to get the backpack secret. I assume its a walking-line through which lowers the wall, but I cant be sure of it.

Also, is the "memory room" accessible in a normal playing?

map11:
somehow I reached the end of the level, without the BFG secret and the yellow (normal) key, which didnt allow me to open the last door and exit the map.
where are those?

Last edited by blob1024 on 09-22-12 at 20:15

Old Post 09-17-12 19:56 #
blob1024 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

The full list of secrets for MAP08:
Spoiler:
1. There is one room with a square pit of nukage in the middle, which can be accessed through a window from the west or from the blue key room southeast. Jump into the center of this pit to get some ammo.
2. In the room immediately south of the megasphere, you can climb towards a set of monitors with red displays. This causes a wall to open to the east with a backpack.
3. Downstairs from the room with the previous secret, there is a green panel on the northeast wall. Open it and you'll find a few bonuses and a computer map.
4. In that same room is a white wall to the south, with pulsating lights to either side. To the west of the megasphere is a switch; throwing this switch opens that white wall, which is a door. Run downstairs through that door before it closes, and proceed on to find armor and a rocket launcher.
5. The section with the red key at the south of the level can be accessed from either a passage in the northeast, or a cave in the northwest. At the southern end of this cave is an elevator that activates only when you enter the cave from its northeast side. Run all the way from this entrance to the cave onto the elevator, and the wall in front of you will open. Proceed further into this area to find the yellow skull key.
6. From the same cave, there's a dark, little nook in the northern wall. Enter this nook and you will eventually find a room containing a soul sphere and a box of shells.
7. Climb the pillars in the previous secret, and jump onto the ledge outside. Open the quartet of computer panels to find a large room containing monsters and some ammo.
8. To the west of that room is a recess in the wall; this recess is a secret trigger that can only be activated with the yellow skull. Push it and an elevator will be activated, taking you up to a switch. This is the first of three secret switches that must be flipped to access secret #15.
9. To access this next secret, you must open a secret wall on the north of the building. You can do this either by jumping east to the teleporter and setting off a walk trigger that opens it when you get near it, or by shooting the silver wall on the other side (you can edge along the wall until you get there and shoot it). I recommend the former method, because you can get back into the building faster by taking the bridge-lift that closes the gap. Either way, to the north of this door is a super shotgun on a crate. Jump onto the super shotgun to get this secret.
10. From the ledge leading into that building from the south, jump down onto the circular pedestal with the mega armor to get this secret.
11. Getting the previous secret will cause a wall to drop to the north of you. Take the elevator you find and use the teleporter. You will be warped right on top of the megasphere, getting it at last along with this secret.
12. Next to the wall where you got the secret backpack is a flashing panel. This is another secret trigger that requires the yellow skull to use. Activate it to find another switch; this is the second of three secret switches you must flip to access secret #15.
13. When you get the blue keycard, a wall will open north of the nukage stream, containing some monsters, a crate, and a small recess in the wall. Open this recess to find the last of the three switches you must flip to get to secret #15.
14. Behind the nukage fall at the west of the stream is a barely visible door. Open it to find a passage leading to a series of three doors, which will lead to the next secret. The three secret switches must be activated to open them.
15. Once you are beyond those doors, head on through to find another door, which leads to a passage ending with a switch and a plasma rifle on a pedestal. Activate the switch, and the pedestal will drop as will the walls, leading to a small arena battle. Collect the rifle to get the secret, and fight off the monsters until the way out opens again (which won't take long).
16. In the southern wall immediately after the blue door are barely visible tiles on the wall. These can be opened either by pushing on them, or by pressing the switch next to the red keycard. Either way, these tiles hide a switch; activate it and you can climb up onto the trees, and jump through the northern window. You will land in a large space with a bunch of goodies. You can exit either through the window, or by jumping over the fence using the crates in the west.

blob1024 said:
Also, is the "memory room" accessible in a normal playing?
Spoiler:
The door to the "memory room" is found behind a candle in the north of the room just before the door to the plasma rifle secret. It opens automatically after five minutes of gameplay. However, it will only stay open for about as long as a regular door, so you'll have to be there when the timer hits 5:00 or it will be sealed off forever.

That said, it is not necessary for 100% Secrets, as it does not count as a secret; it is merely an easter egg that the author included to honor a fallen friend.

map11:
somehow I reached the end of the level, without the BFG secret and the yellow (normal) key, which didnt allow me to open the last door and exit the map.
where are those?

Spoiler:
Outside of -nomonsters mode, the BFG secret can only be accessed with an arch-vile jump. Once you get to the end of the secret, bright red cave, an arch-vile will appear and then teleport away. He'll be roaming around the entrance to the regular cave you got there from, which is north of the pillar with the BFG. Run towards the pillar, but time it so that the arch-vile's attack hits as you're near the edge. You should be launched onto the pillar; collect the BFG and you will get the secret.

As for the yellow key, it depends on what you mean by "the yellow (normal) key," because there are two such keys in this level. The yellow keycard can be found by walking through the curved hallway in the northeast, which will open a wall next to you leading into a cave with pillars you jump across to the yellow card. The yellow card is further protected by bars that will open only if you flip the switch at the west the computer room to the south (where you are locked in and must fight teleporting monsters). The yellow skull key is found beyond the blue skull door, at the north of a cross-shaped room. Entering this room will cause the floor to sink beneath you; flip the switch to lower the floor, and you will find doors leading out.

Old Post 09-24-12 00:56 #
The Green Herring is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
blob1024
Forum Regular

thanks a lot, ill check the maps again tonight :)

Old Post 09-24-12 17:38 #
blob1024 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
blob1024
Forum Regular

argh. thought I wrote it but I didnt: cant access to map09's small recovery items secret area neither.

Old Post 09-24-12 20:49 #
Daiyu_Xiaoxiang
Forum Regular

I also want to say that I can only found 2 secrets in Map26, the WOS Map22 Revisited. I wonder if there's missing secrets too in this map.

Old Post 09-27-12 15:55 #
Daiyu_Xiaoxiang is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

blob1024 said:
argh. thought I wrote it but I didnt: cant access to map09's small recovery items secret area neither.
Spoiler:
There is a recess in the west wall near the cave with the blue key switch. Northwest of the yellow key is a small patch of green on top of one wall. Activate the section of wall directly under it and the recess will open, netting you the bonuses (which will add 28% armor and 23% health).

Daiyu_Xiaoxiang said:
I also want to say that I can only found 2 secrets in Map26, the WOS Map22 Revisited. I wonder if there's missing secrets too in this map.
The full list of secrets for MAP26:
Spoiler:
1. On the staircase leading to the first blue-bordered switch early on in the level, there is a tripwire located on the edge of the step aligned with the northern wall. When you trigger this, you will hear a door open. Head back out the door, run north, and there will be an opening in the wall to the southeast. Enter it before it closes to find a tunnel of health bonuses and a teleporter. This leads to the previously inaccessible alcove near the stairs, where you can get ammo and a mega armor.
2. When you first head outside, there is a satyr face behind a pile of ammo and a shotgun on the southeast side of the area. To the north of the walkway is a rocky hill with health bonuses on it. Descend the hill, climb onto the platform at its foot, and look south to find a bulk cell and a switch. Activate this switch, climb your way back up, and you'll find that the satyr panel has opened to reveal a passageway. Enter this passage to find partial invisibility.
3. Once you exit that area through the northeast, there will be a square room with four ways out (including where you arrived). Enter the eastern passage and immediately look at the southern wall. In front of one section of the wall is a small puddle of blood. Press on the wall at this spot and it will open, rewarding you with ammo.

Get Community Chest 4 here!

Old Post 09-27-12 19:19 #
The Green Herring is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Daiyu_Xiaoxiang
Forum Regular

I found the 3rd secret, thanks TGH!

Old Post 09-28-12 04:37 #
Daiyu_Xiaoxiang is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
blob1024
Forum Regular

btw are the last 2 secrets in map30 only accessible by AV jump?

Old Post 09-30-12 23:00 #
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

Nope.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/6650582/cc...crets_byTGH.zip

See the -nomonsters all-secrets demo above (recorded with PrBoom+ 2.5.1.3 -complevel 9) to find that you can reach either side of the blood pool secret (both pools register for the same secret) with regular running or straferunning. You might have to practice a little before you can pull it off, though, and an arch-vile jump might be easier anyway.

Also featured in this demo is the elevator bridge run accomplished without straferunning, just to show that it's possible.

Old Post 09-30-12 23:22 #
blob1024
Forum Regular

The Green Herring said:
Nope.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/6650582/cc...crets_byTGH.zip

See the -nomonsters all-secrets demo above (recorded with PrBoom+ 2.5.1.3 -complevel 9) to find that you can reach either side of the blood pool secret (both pools register for the same secret) with regular running or straferunning. You might have to practice a little before you can pull it off, though, and an arch-vile jump might be easier anyway.

Also featured in this demo is the elevator bridge run accomplished without straferunning, just to show that it's possible.

thanks a lot!
btw lol I just onehit down romero's head in that level... how common is that?

Old Post 10-01-12 20:04 #
blob1024
Forum Regular

gosh map11's route is puzzling me.
anyway, I can't reach most of secrets in map14 by myself

Old Post 10-06-12 23:29 #