Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shapeless

NataN's DooM sketches

I have a ton of doom and quake sketches that have never been seen before, but I want to scan most of them to prevent distortion form perspective, cause that's what occurs when taken from my digital camera.

And I also want to give them a photoshop treatment like I did this one :)

Thats really cool.

Not sure how the lost soul is holding up the map though.

:P

That's pretty cool, and a nice spin on the monster's name. Methinks the paper map would be consumed by combustion before the Lost Soul ever got a chance to give it a good look-over though.

"Methinks the paper map would be consumed by combustion before the Lost Soul ever got a chance to give it a good look-over though."

that's basically what happens. Why do you think the Lost souls always look like they don't know what direction to go in :)

Both manc pics are cool. The big shoulders look cool. Can't help but get some lulz at those tig ol' bitties.

They look better than the mancs in Doom 3 IMO. Big and mean.

Cool drawings.

Awesome work, love the cartoon with it's Mt Erebus reference and the manc renderings (nice classic angle for the second pic). Look forward to seeing more!

thanks for the kind words guys:)

here's the original 'Lost?' image I worked from..
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v96/Nataniel/IMG_2809-1.jpg

Eventually I changed the question mark-flame into one made of smoke and the cheezy line at the bottom. Then there's an older version that had 3 lost souls, looking at a map with the caption "Lost Souls" at the bottom.

anyway, now that I'm back from a one week vacation, I'm going to see about posting some new stuff.

The bleeding face is cool; that'd make a nice background element/graphic in a level.

Suprised I never say the seargent, looks good with the origional walking stance.

The face is very good too. The only thing I could say If you wanted to improve it is the try to have the blood hug on the face more so it doesen't look as liniar, but it looks cool as it is.

"The face is very good too. The only thing I could say If you wanted to improve it is the try to have the blood hug on the face more so it doesen't look as liniar"

Your right it should be running down the face. the idea came from a wall fountain in doom. And the lady is inspired by a Giger painting titled 'The Mangus'

I made some adjustments to the Lost Soul, which I also added to my Deviant art gallary. http://natan77.deviantart.com/art/Lost-97939803

And I am almost done a Imp in that same cartoony style which I'll most likely post tomorrow.

All of these are extremely awesome. Makes me jealous...I really wish I had some sort of drawing talent.

Hope to see more!

I have to say that the bleeding face is one of the coolest things I've seen in ages. I disagree with the comments suggesting that the blood should follow the contours of the face, the linear sheet-like nature of the blood is what makes the drawing IMO. That, and the black, sad-looking eye sockets and the angular, feminine facial structure. Masterful work.