Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MacBeth

Some Fan art :)

Allo guys, new to the forum but have been a fan of Doom since I was a wee one. Anyways I guess I'll start with this. Its a Death knight taking a stroll. If I get the chance ill go back and make the enviroment more occult like... ya know a nice vacation spot for the kids :P

This one is a WIP of Hell on Earth, crit is welcome and all of that fun stuff.

So I might as well torture you with this piece I need to finish rather soon lol.

This is the pencil sketch, this is to give you guys a idea of where everything is.

This is me vomiting color over said sketch

Hahaha, nice. I like the way the BWB is rendered...the dopefish sticker is a nice touch as well. My only comment I guess is that Billy/Keen looks a bit older than eight but that's kind of a minor point.

Yeah I would agree with that. I think my original thought process was something like a 12 to 13 year old Billy who is desperate to get Spot back into the house before his parents get home. Reason being he has a date with Princess Lindsey :P

Also I'm not used to drawing children so I think I'm just making excuses for my lack of child drawing skills lol.

Here is a update on the Hell on Earth painting :)

And here is a close up of our hero

I'm having the hardest time keeping the helmet off of him... I think ill just do both lol.

Wow, this is some neat shit!

I like how you pay homage to even the smallest stuff, like the gnarled tree for instance. I'm jealous. I want this hanging on my wall.

Lol I don't think my stuff is wall worthy just yet. But thanks man :)

I like both just as much as the other, but what do you guys like more the helmet version or the one without the helmet?

I'm going to do both so don't worry guys there is no wrong answer here.

Art and story wise the version without the helmet shows a tired, battered and vulnerable Doom guy but is still more than capable of kicking ass.

The helmet version I think has more nostalgia imo and makes the Doom guy look like an immovable brick wall of fuck off :P

But yeah guys don't be afraid of throwing out some crit, I've thick skin :)

Ok guys these will be the final of this painting until sometime next week. I have other pieces that need some love and I won't be able to finish them if I go on with this. I'll return to this piece at a later date to correct some issues and try out some color. Enjoy guys :)

Pretty neat stuff. I know zilch about weapons so perhaps I'm saying something silly, but I don't really get what's going on with his thumb on his right hand - and really what is he doing with his right hand at all.

Edit: Ooh. Thanks. This seems so obvious now that you guys explained it I can't understand how could I miss it, heh.

Phml said:

Pretty neat stuff. I know zilch about weapons so perhaps I'm saying something silly, but I don't really get what's going on with his thumb on his right hand - and really what is he doing with his right hand at all.

I think that's a shell in his right hand that he's about to load into the chamber.

I was beaten to it, thank you Stupid Bunny :P

lol yeah that is one of the problem areas I intend to correct when I get the chance.

That thumb is actually a shotgun shell. He originally had a thumb you could see but it looked like he broke it trying to hold it the way I was painting. I also didn't want the brass casing to be seen on the shell because I was like... pfft who loads a shotgun that way :P

Another reason why that hand is so confusing is the Shotgun shell is the same value as his hand and ends up making it look like a very weird thumb.

So yeah when I get the chance I'll fiddle with his right hand so that it becomes clear what he's doing :)

And thanks for the comments guys.

That's alright Phml, the fact it had to be explained means I messed up lol.

Aside from coming back to this painting later, I also plan to do some other paintings. I was thinking of doing a full body of the Baron of Hell but I thought maybe I'll let you guys make a request on a Doom Zombie or Demon :)

So guys what Doom monster would you like me to paint next?

And thanks again for the comments guys :)

Jeez way to go right for one of the harder Demons lol

I could give that a swing, should be interesting :)

hah, i love how cheesily big those pickups are in that Doom pic, just like in the game.

my fav has to be that Quake one. it's delightfully eerie.

Yeah when I started I wanted to have representations of the Sprites from the original Doom games. Can't say they are always the best source. A friend of mine *and another artist* was adamant I abandon the tree. We fussed and whined till we both made a compromise and made a new design based off the old :P

I'm a little sad I had to leave the Quake drawing that way. I had bigger plans for that enviroment and the Death Knight. I was wondering, is the Death Knight hurling 3 little fireballs at you in Quake?
I could never tell and when I was young, I assumed he was throwing brightly colored Daggers or something lol. If anyone can steer me in the right direction I would appreciate it :)

So are we sticking to a Arch-Vile for the next drawing?

The Baron of Hell or Cacodemon, if you know how to draw any of them. :)

Probably be a safe bet to go with the Baron when it comes to being put back together :P I would say the Cacodemon is one of if not the hardest Demon in Doom to do correctly.

the Comment if you know how to draw any of them... made me chuckle a little :P

I don't think it really matters what it's resurrecting. Anything would be good. A cacodemon would be good but, as you say, I can imagine it being difficult to do well.

How about resurrecting an imp that had been gibbed. The contrast in transition would be acute in an interesting way.

Thanks :) Drawing Keen inspired stuff is fun and interesting for me. Bright colors and kid stuff isn't something I often do.

And I thought New York and Los Angeles needed a break from all the disaster and alien invasions. So I threw my home state into the fray :P Don't know why but I felt Doom 2 started someplace between Nevada and Idaho and moved into the West coast.

And I've been working on the Arch-Vile. All I'll say for now is that pose is not easy lol.

Well done. I really like the Doomguy in the helmet. It's now my desktop! Hope you don't mind!

I'd love to see some more of your work. :)