Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Claw Van Helsing

Inspired fiction

I only got into DOOM because I sometimes write dungeon crawl style fantasy fiction involving a team of experienced state of the art warriors before I even heard of the game. At the moment I'm working on one involving a queen (think Sigourney Weaver in ALIENS and Red Sonja and you're coming close) who HAS to go on a job with the sad team in a bit of fiction centres around the idea the sins of the father being passed onto the daughter) and the queen is also being hunted by demonic entities which came about because of what her father did in his younger days (Jeremy Kyle'd tear him apart) and to say she's well and truly pissed off about it's an understatement.
Oh, yeah, there's also a French phoenix GODDESS (you read that right)in it as well.

Anybody else write DOOM style (but not set in the DOOM universe)
fiction?

Judging by how bare-bones Doom's actual plot is, it wouldn't be such a good idea to write too much like it if you're going for a story or something.

Jaxxoon R said:

Judging by how bare-bones Doom's actual plot is, it wouldn't be such a good idea to write too much like it if you're going for a story or something.

But the one I've just described's has a bit more complicated in story but in a nutshell, it's a sins of the father passed onto the daughter (the queen in a DOOM meets the elder scrolls) thing but in this case and it's more cyberpunk [a complete cyborg hydra] and mythology [the phoenix goddess]and also involves a demonic dragon. That's before the demonic dragon's minions have a go at the queen's palace).
It's alright, the queen's father cops it off one of the four demonic enforcers...alright, sub bosses, two of which're the responsibility of the queen's father's moronic behaviour in his younger days and they want the queen's soul instead of her father's..

But Doom was always hard, Alien-esq sci-fi, combined with The Gate-esq demon invasion via evil portal, along with a bit of the humor of Army of Darkness.