Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lord FlatHead

ua-corp updated

The_Tonx said:

Yea.. I bet id Software knows that there are some people decrypting it.. otherwise they wouldn't bother themselves to update it always :)

of course they know. patrick duffy already posted something in the phobos lab thread. i think he the id.web.man.

DooMer 4ever said:

ROFL

Just thinking how many people will go to this site accidentally...
http://www.uac-corp.com/

So that's how the UAC starts out. Let's destroy the place now! We are the only ones that know that in the future they'll set hell loose....

So if we hack the site and take it offline, nothing happens in Doom III? That'd be like the Sims in space.

Yep, all the doomguy does is drink coffee and watch restricted flicks... no annoying hellspawn or zombies or anything like that to ruin the fun.

Well, Carmack said that in the beginning you're able to walk around before the shit hits the fan. Just like in Half-life basically, except I hope it will be a bit longer. Because I liked walking around, talking to scientists and checking out the architecture of the building.

I hope it does last longer than in half-life if the doomguy has a sexy coworker.

myk said:

I hope it does last longer than in half-life if the doomguy has a sexy coworker.

I've read something about female scientists somewhere, seriously.

myk said:

Well, as long as you don't just watch passively like with the tram ride in Half Life. Gawd that thing sucked.

AirRaid said:

Wow... maintains the site... how does he manage? :P

The majority of the work I do is in-game, mr. funny guy ;)

He IS working when he's on the forum - he's looking for public opinion on D3, to see whether there are yet directions to take in the development of Doom 3.

Oh and I'm sure that he'll focus more on updating that site after Doom 3 is released.
:-P

Heh, I know that. And I think I can sum up the general public opinion of Doom3 in one word....

r0x0r

Is there anyway we can tell if Pat is legit?

I know we always wonder whether our voices are heard by anyone at Id and it seems like we have a real Id Software employee/demi-god posting right here on Doomworld! Cool!

How long have you been reading, Pat? Only since the leak I imagine. There's a lot of valuable input here from fans of the original Doom series, fans that can tell you which elements made Doom so successful. Of course we all trust your very-talented team's judgement but I hope that you continue to read these forums and even look at the older posts discussing our hopes and wishes for Doom3.

BTW, thanks for the ua-corp messages. They r fun. :)

Crix said:
How long have you been reading, Pat? Only since the leak I imagine.

Actually I have been reading these and other Doom III message boards for a while now (long before the leak) I just never got around to registering. I was into the quake/doom community long before coming to id, so I still try keep up with everything when I have time.