Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gatewatcher

Assault Rifle

doomedout said:

Just so you know. YOu made urself look very, very, very stupid dear.
The P90 fits perfecty with that description and it carries a 50 round mag, not 60. And yes the doomdude carries a p90.

guess what wise ass, the machinegun in Doom III holds 60 bullets in a mag, that's what Kat is talking about. Still a p90? Jackoff.

omg i stand corrected...i thought the games smg had 50 clips...sorry peeps my bad.
in that case, i gotta do some searching on to what sorta submachinegun holds 60?!?!?!?
could it be a futuristic one id have invented out of the top of their heads? dunno. will find out.

For all those people saying how accurate the P90 is, read this and weep, from FN no less (ignore all the manufacturer hype about how marvellous the SS190 is for stopping power):

http://www.fnmfg.com/lawenf/ss190/ss190.htm

15cm groups at 50m. That is terrible, even for a SMG. The MP5 in experienced hands can perform about 5cm groups at 50m. I contacted FN just to double check that they tested their groups in single, like virtually all manufacturers, and FN did confirm that.

The light weight, high velocity bullet will tumble on impact, ensuring reliable incapacitation without over-penetration.

What a load of crap. ALL boat-tailed rounds will tumble when they hit flesh, that's a given. When they start to yaw in the body, and how big the permanent cavity they create is a much more reliable means of determining the incapacitation factor of a round. Admittedly, determining it (incapcitation factor) is fairly difficult, and many other factors play into it too.

Gee, it's nice to see people talking reasonably on here.

Kat, dsm - you're both acting like morons here. Go sit in the corner.

I'm almost tempted to ask BBG to step in and lock this thread. (He might do it, too, if I asked nicely.)

Alright, first off.

[mod][sarcasm]What a grand display of intelligence[/sarcasm] It's that arrogant attitude that makes me pissed, so you just think you can allow yourself EVERYTHING just because you're a girl huh? Well think again.[/mod]

Most assault rifles are carbine versions of battle rifles. Case in point - M16 vs M4 Carbine. Another case in point - M1 Garand vs M1 Carbine. Whee. STFU noo- er, dsm.

Anyway, doomedout - where are you getting your information? Whoever it is, you need to get rid of them - they're wrong. Have you PLAYED the leaked alpha? The clip size on the assault rifle is 60 shots. I was never talking about the P90. Moron.

And yes, the P90 is a piece of fucking shit. I've fired one (I have videos, too ^_^) and it recoils pretty bad for what it is, it's innacurate as fuck, the ROF is WAY...WAY too fucking high...it jams if you drop it and you have to completely reload the magazine (not into the gun, but the bullets into the mag). It's just a big piece of shit.

KDarigal said:

I'm almost tempted to ask BBG to step in and lock this thread. (He might do it, too, if I asked nicely.)

Nicely in my language means a blowjob and a neverending cup of hot cocoa. Either that or a whole lot of "please".

EDIT : or the sparks of a flamewar.

CLOSED