Cacodemon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Newfangled Doom > Doom 3 General > AZ1
Pages (2): « 1 [2]  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 05:51. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Speshul Eddy
Green Marine

yeah, I kinda thought not. I guess it would screw the whole realism thing over.

Old Post 06-20-01 07:40 #
Speshul Eddy is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DiSTuRBeD

blah.. fuck realism

Old Post 06-20-01 09:43 #
DiSTuRBeD is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Zaldron
Sex Cauldron

You can always level edit like Quake games, that's for sure. Sure, it would be a little harder because simplicity is NEVER supposed by complex engines.

But building top-notch levels. Here's where the community splits in 2 parts, the wanna-be's and the I-ACTUALLY-HAVE-TALENT. Is it good? Some might say no, because they wont understand the code or the editor, and let's not think of 3D packages for modelling and 2D for skinning.

I say it's good. Why? Because people with talent make the best mods, while the rest is CRAP. Natural selection, I'll say...

Old Post 06-24-01 02:40 #
Zaldron is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GollumGlitch
Warming Up

I think that the health potions should be replaced with med kits. As for invulnerability, I don't know how they could realisticly put it into the game. As for the face, I think it would be cool to be able to see your face like in the other Doom games, but it would take up screen space. Maby they could allow you to turn it on or off in the preferances.

Old Post 06-24-01 02:57 #
GollumGlitch is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Dark Fox
No one <3's me enough

......just collecting a post here.. don't mind me..
/add 1 to his posts

Old Post 06-24-01 05:30 #
Dark Fox is offline Profile || Blog || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Zaldron
Sex Cauldron

Heh. Well, we all saw the MacWorld video, and with a little coding, and the Quake3ish command for thirdcamera view, we should be able to see our own character grinning, turning around and getting beated by the demons. While it's obviously useless for SP, it's a great addition for MP, and a must-have for Coop.

Old Post 06-24-01 05:52 #
Zaldron is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Dark Fox
No one <3's me enough

I appreciate what you're doing, Zaldron. In this forums, 90 procent is wacko and tries to blast this forum to oblivion.Serious guys like us are pushed away.

HAHAHA!
You have not been here long eh?
Zal is just as bad me sometimes >_<

Old Post 06-24-01 18:03 #
Dark Fox is offline Profile || Blog || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Zaldron
Sex Cauldron

Heheheh, I only do those comments on the General forum. As for this one, I pretty much save them for those "special" guys out there...you know wich ones, those who should take "guy" as a compliment.

Old Post 06-24-01 21:04 #