Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dsm

Who's NOT looking forward to Doom 3?

If it actually has a reasonable system req. and the game play is good ( and what i seen of the alpha ver it looks kick ass) this should be a really good investment...

Nanami said:

Jetpack

OMFG that game is like Halloween Harry without the flamer...or jetpack...or pretty spriets...um...

Anyway, Doom 3 doesn't look all the promising to me, for various reasons I won't go over because I'm way the fuck to tired.

Demons Hand said:

I have 6 friends in school. Every day for the past 3 month thats all they talk about. After about the 3 week of it it gets veary enoying.
All so I talk about doom 3 on the forums to.But not all the time. I dident direct my statement to any one on the fourms. Theres no need to defend your self dsm.

If you're so tired of hearing about Doom3, why are you in the Doom3 forums? =P

Nanami said:

If you're so tired of hearing about Doom3, why are you in the Doom3 forums? =P

I was kinda wondering this too.

Anyway, Doom 3 doesn't look all the promising to me, for various reasons I won't go over because I'm way the fuck to tired.

Then wait until you're not tired anymore and tell us, tell us! :-)

Talking about doom 3 is ok but Im geting pissed at people that there whole life revoles around the game. I like to stay curent about the game but its not all I talk about. If you hang out with my friends you would know what Im talking about. Also the forms on doom world most of the time never stay on topic.

Demons Hand said:

Talking about doom 3 is ok but Im geting pissed at people that there whole life revoles around the game. I like to stay curent about the game but thats not all I talk about. If you hung out with my friends you would know what Im talking about. Also the forms on doom world most of the time never stay on topic.

Dude, you should really figure out how to spell before you type up a response. Just a suggestion.

Demons Hand said:

Also the forms on doom world most of the time never stay on topic.

That's one thing that makes 'em so great :-)

Demons Hand said:

Also the forms on doom world most of the time never stay on topic.

But it gets the job done. :)

I notice a lot of people saying that they are not looking forward to doom3 because it MIGHT be a bad game. That's not a reason, every game that's not released can turn out bad. If you're not going to be looking forward to it you need to either already know some sort of fact or detail that makes you unintrested or just simply because it just doesn't seem like your type of game.

Hmm. I don't know...

Late last year, I was raving about it... and don't get me wrong--I've loved Doom since the beginning--but now, after playing through Metroid Prime numerous times, I think ID has a lot to top as far as first-person games go.

Though, I'm sure D3 be a great action gane [as opposed to MP's adventure/platform based gameplay]. It has been a while since we've seen anything authentic from ID, but at this point, that certainly goes without saying. And I'm sure it will be innovative insofar as it will be one of the few new shooters that isn't a drab point-click-counterstrike clone. :P

skinpack said:

It has been a while since we've seen anything authentic from ID, but at this point, that certainly goes without saying.

Could it be because they haven't focused very much on singleplayer gaming?
That was a "yes" question, so the answer should be obvious.
Ever since they casually (yes, I said casually) added the option to play over network in Doom, they have practically done nothing but focus on engine tech and netcode, engine tech and netcode - that leaves little room for anything interesting gameplay wise.

Now they're going back to their roots from before Doom (more specifically, during Doom's development) and going back to sp focus - something I've personally lusted for for years. So I think it's gonna be good.

nxn said:
I notice a lot of people saying that they are not looking forward to doom3 because it MIGHT be a bad game. That's not a reason, every game that's not released can turn out bad. If you're not going to be looking forward to it you need to either already know some sort of fact or detail that makes you unintrested or just simply because it just doesn't seem like your type of game.

CUT THIS OUT AND STICK IT ON YOUR WALL CHILDREN.

skinpack said:

[If I see another freakin' MP5 or flash grenade, I'm going to puke.]

LOL! Ditto. Although AK is not that bad IMO. CT's should ditch the weaker colt and get the AK as well.
However, back on topic, DOOM 3 will exceed expectations, seeing how low they are for MOST people. Maybe it will not be as addictive as doom probably, but it will rank up there as one of the best FPS games ever made. There must be ONE good reason NOT to look forward to this game...Just one...

doomedout said:

LOL! Ditto. Although AK is not that bad IMO. CT's should ditch the weaker colt and get the AK as well.
However, back on topic, DOOM 3 will exceed expectations, seeing how low they are for MOST people. Maybe it will not be as addictive as doom probably, but it will rank up there as one of the best FPS games ever made. There must be ONE good reason NOT to look forward to this game...Just one...

One good reason NOT to look forward to Doom 3:
It's a given that at least *one* thing won't be like you feel it should have been and how you feel it WAS in classic Doom.

Examples on my own observations and tastes:

Doom 3 won't have the hud face it seems - it might be a small detail, but I remember that the hud face in both Doom 3 and Wolf3d had a huge impact on me somehow - I just thought they were too cool an idea.

The Doomguy in Doom 3 won't have leathergloves or army pants like he had in classic Doom - this is merely conceptual, but if you're like me, who's a total freak about every little conceptual detail and who expect anything to look more badass in this new game, then these changes are horribly disappointing. The Doomguy just doesn't look so badass anymore without those things.

___

However, Doom 3 seems to have exceeded my expectations within any other department, which seems to outweigh the two things mentioned above - that's why I'm looking forward to it anyway. I'm not so interested in having Doom 3 'move' like the old Doom or having it throw as many monsties at you at the same time. I'm interested in having an updated version, which brings all the goodness of a modern engine into a story and concept I love and take it to a level only reached *once* before (you know what I mean - namely when this concept first arrived on the PC).

Just based on the pictures I have seen, I think id is crafting a lovingly detailed world for us to explore and endluge in. The characters do look a bit odd, but until we play the game we won't know how it all comes together.

My only fear is that it will look beautiful and offer little innovation, but given the time and lack of restrictions on this project, I really can't say that I'm not looking forward to it.

Demons Hand said:

I have 6 friends in school. Every day for the past 3 month thats all they talk about.

At least you have friends who talk about something doomish. My friends hate doom. All they ever talk about is Half Life and Global Warfare... They keep talking about all the retarded things that happen on GW. Oh no, those guys were hacking! Oh no, those guys are camping whores!!! Blah blah blah!!!! OMFG, it's just like the rest of those shitty realistic Teamplay HL mods! GET OVER IT GODDAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!

The_Aeromaster said:

If ur not looking forward to this, I'll sick a demon on u, and not the old ones either, one of the new D3 badass ones, just to show u what D3 can do.

Come now, let people have their low expectations huh? In the end it's their own problem if they're not looking forward to Doom 3, not yours.

Plus this talk about sicking a demon; the poor thing... we'd have to give it some medicine.

Give it medicine with a 20 foot flagpole or it'll bite your arms off.

My need for doom3 has actually risen recently (for reasons i can't say). Doom3 will kick ass one way or the other.

Ultimate Demon said:

i'm not looking forward DOOM 3 if it doesn't hve the Double barreled shotgun

It should definitely be there, but I'm hoping that you only get it after a long while, so that you're stuck with the sb shotgun for a long while (increasing scare factor against the more powerful demons).

dsm said:

It should definitely be there, but I'm hoping that you only get it after a long while, so that you're stuck with the sb shotgun for a long while (increasing scare factor against the more powerful demons).

I hope that ID puts it in DOOM3 and we get it when we have beaten 50% of the game. Muhahah i can only dream of running round with a Super Shotgun ( same as Double Barreled Shotgun in DOOM II? ) and around the corner a freaking huge Cyber Demon is standing there :-)

dsm said:

Come now, let people have their low expectations huh? In the end it's their own problem if they're not looking forward to Doom 3, not yours.

That's why I'd never be a mod, I don't think people should have their own opinions lol. That was a joke, anyway^. If u don't want Doom 3, good for u... now stop posting about it!

The_Aeromaster said:

If u don't want Doom 3, good for u... now stop posting about it!

Agree, but I DID make this thread specifically for those who don't look forward to it - I started it because I hope they will use this thread to tell everyone about why they're not looking forward to Doom 3 so that they won't 'damage' other threads with their 'negative waves'.

And if they still do, I'll just delete their posts or "modify" them, because I HATE all those negative laden posts in threads where people generally anticipate the game.

So far there's only aspect to doom 3 that really pisses me off. You know what that is?

Mod\add-on\patch downloading.

From what i've heard, doom3 will most likely take up 10gb of hard drive space, so it's easy to imagine how big tcs and mods are going to be. It's therefore going to be quite a strain on my 56k. Methinks the simple solution is to get a cable and speed up my Connection speed.

I know what u mean dsm^ I'm surprised u didn't point out that I'm doin exactly what I'm bitchin about, posting about how I am looking forward to D3 in a thread that's supposed to be about those who aren't. I'm gonna stop before I get arrested.

The_Aeromaster said:

I'm surprised u didn't point out that I'm doin exactly what I'm bitchin about, posting about how I am looking forward to D3 in a thread that's supposed to be about those who aren't.

I considered it, but then I realized that it would be hypocracy as I have already posted about why I look forward to it myself.

I decided that this thread is primarily for those who aren't looking forward to D3, but it is allowed to explain it if you ARE looking forward to it.