Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
EVIL

DOOM3, final name?

I heard somewhere that DOOM3 is not gooing to be the official name.
what do you think.. do you have a cool idea for a doom3 name? lemme hear them!

I think "Doom III" as a title is fine -- It's bold and speaks for itself. I don't know about anyone else, but I sure wouldn't want to head to Walmart to pick this sucker up, look at the box and read something like "Doom III - the Gates of Hell." The stand-alone title isn't as revealing...

Prime said:

I think "Doom III" as a title is fine -- It's bold and speaks for itself. I don't know about anyone else, but I sure wouldn't want to head to Walmart to pick this sucker up, look at the box and read something like "Doom III - the Gates of Hell." The stand-alone title isn't as revealing...

True but I like a game with a good subtitle. Id has always been good at giveing there games subtitles.

Demons Hand said:

True but I like a game with a good subtitle. Id has always been good at giveing there games subtitles.

Very true and I find that it gives the game more character when you first pick it up :-) yer like omg gotta get home and play this, then you speed and run over some inocent bistanderd lol.

i'd rather just have it DOOM 3.

i hope they choose a small logo on the front of the box, surrounded by black.

it'd be like saying "this is doom 3. nuff said."

they could put id and the publisher's logos on the back of the box underneath screenshots and stuff..

kinda similar to the packaging for quake, it just said quake across the top of the box and had the big Q in the middle, surrounded by black, very minimalistic, very very slick.

also, matte paint for the box.. no shiny stuff.. shiny feels cheap.

that would be cool.

wow i'm offtopic heh

Demons Hand said:

Oh they've made such wonderful subtitles. Just think about it.
They used the subtitles 1,2, and 3 on those Quake games.

Doom III - Rise of the Machines
Doom III: Downloaded
Doom III - Return of the King
Doom III - Return of the Jedi
Doom III - Raven Shield
Doom III - A New Blood

Coopersville said:

Doom III - Rise of the Machines
Doom III: Downloaded
Doom III - Return of the King
Doom III - Return of the Jedi
Doom III - Raven Shield
Doom III - A New Blood

I remember having a thread about this like 2 years ago. Everyone came up with funny subtitles. Anyway, the logo as it is right now will probably not be the final one either. Too bad, because I like it.

Doom3: An epic assualt on the senses.
Doom3: So very, very tired.
Doom3: Just bring it.
Doom3: Dark paradox.
Doom3: The musical.
Doom3: Shut your mouth.

On a serious note Doom3 on it's own is just fine. :)

Say didn't the original doom games had subtitles like this?

Doom: Evil unleashed
doom2: Hell on earth
Tnt: Evilution
Plutonia: The plutonia experiment
UltimateDoom: Thy flesh consumed

Just trying to refresh my general doom knowledge.

"True but I like a game with a good subtitle. Id has always been good at giveing there games subtitles"

ID games, and good subtitles.....ok, that's an odd one, because apart from the Commander Keen games, I can't think of any ID games offhand that have had a subtitle.

Although, ID could put a subtitle on doom3, I just can't see a subtitle doing the name any justice, also a subtitle might look out of place under a name like doom. That's just my opinion though.

Doom III: The Evil Beckons.
Doom III: Mars Anomaly.
Doom III: The Mars Disaster.

Nah, all my ideas sound odd. I guess we'll see what ID decides to do when the game arrives. Chances are, it'll be without a subtitle.

Doom III: Honestly no more series ressurections.....after Quake IV...honest.

Heh

[Quote] Doom III: Shut your mouth [quote]
:| I shudder at the thought of giving a doom game a subtitle like that. Next you'll have demons in wrestling gear on the artwork on the box shouting "CAN YOU SMELL WHAT THE PINKY IS EATING" :|:|:|

How about:

DOOM III
Its Done

or

DOOM III
About fucking time

or

DOOM III
shit yourself thin in 21 days

BlueSonnet said:

Say didn't the original doom games had subtitles like this?

Doom: Evil unleashed
doom2: Hell on earth
Tnt: Evilution
Plutonia: The plutonia experiment
UltimateDoom: Thy flesh consumed

Just trying to refresh my general doom knowledge.

- Doom
- Doom II - Hell on Earth
- Ultimate Doom (essentially Doom with an added episode entitled "Thy Flesh Consumed")
- Final Doom (composed of 2 episodes, namely The Plutonia Experiment and Evilution)

EVIL said:

I heard somewhere that DOOM3 is not gooing to be the official name.
what do you think.. do you have a cool idea for a doom3 name? lemme hear them!

Sorry, but I think you're wrong, they said the "Doom 3" logo shown at E3 last year was not going to be the final Doom 3 logo - no mention of the title being changed, though personally, I'd prefer that they called it Doom: <some cool subtitle> instead to hint that it's a retelling and not a sequel.

And as for cool titles, why not go with what they intended for the original Doom?

"Doom: Evil Unleashed"

i just wanted to say the SAME thing. "DOOM: Evil unleashed", it would be perfect.

DOOM3: shit your pants in 24 hours
DOOM3 for dummy's

anyway.. I had understood they where going to change the name "DOOM3" also, not only the logo, anyway. I hope the boxes are going to be a totally darkgrey metal shiny like cover, and right in the middel the logo of doom.. and thats it, and ofcource on the back all the legal, copywrite info stuff.

I thought it was announced as:

DOOM3: The Legacy (or just "Legacy")

or am I wrong?

Evil unleashed, pfff. Stupid. Meaningless. Makes me think of Resident Evil and Porsche Unleashed. One bad movie, and one bad game.

The subtitle is just going to be generic and meaningless. Just like 30% of all computer games.

Demons Hand said:

Doom has no subtitle.
Doom 2 has no subtitle.
Quake has no subtitle.
Quake 2 has no subtitle.
Quake 3 Arena has no subtitle.

Even the mission packs have no subtitle.

Doom 3 will be fine as is. :)

Oh yeah, H-S, when did you get a namechange?

Shaviro said:

does "Hell on earth" ring a bell?

Sort of. Can't place where I've seen it though.

Anyway, I think Evil Unleashed is kinda corny... although it's Decent. I think Doom III is a good enough title, and its the one everyone is going to use anyway...

DOOM III should be fine.Some smart subtiltle that has relation with story line shoude be nice too(in case of DOOM III story is far more complex than we think).

uniQ said:

I thought it was announced as:

DOOM3: The Legacy (or just "Legacy")

or am I wrong?

The ad said "The Legacy of evil lives on - Coming in 2003". I was not intented as a subtitle, it's a slogan. Nevertheless, I think it would sound pretty good.

Doom: The Legacy sounds more like a subtitle you'd give a true sequel.
Btw, there was also this legal video called "Doom 3: The Legacy", but it was more about how great the original Doom was and how Doom 3 is gonna be "the legacy of the old Doom".

I hope they just stick with "Doom III" and don't come up with a cheesy subtitle such as "The Awakening".
The current Doom III logo looks excellent, I don't see any need to change it.

Arno said:

The current Doom III logo looks excellent, I don't see any need to change it.

Neither do I, but there are people here who want it to use a fresh style instead of what they think is "old" and not so "in" anymore.

I just want the logo to suggest that the game is in the same series as the classic ones - it is called Doom III after all.