Demon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Newfangled Doom > Doom 3 General > doom 3 levels

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 02:51. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
diluted
I am maga

i was thinking the other day, like the levels should be complicated, and i also think they should show the warping of reality when you start getting influenced by hell. and that parts of a level would be blocked off and you couldnt get to it till later in the levels. like return to them and whatnot. sorta like a HUB. and like fuck ups should influence what happens, instead of just dying.

Old Post 08-04-01 05:35 #
diluted is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lord FlatHead
man overboard

Could you be any more specific ?

Old Post 08-04-01 08:11 #
Lord FlatHead is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Crix

wtf? plese write posts when you are not stoned and only if you have graduated from elementry school.

Old Post 08-04-01 17:27 #
Crix is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
ADOOM
Mini-Member

Yeah that wld be pretty cool, returning ot same level, would the corpses still be there? lol that'd be funny

Old Post 08-04-01 17:57 #
ADOOM is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
ADOOM
Mini-Member

oh yeah and monsters would come back, harder ones and maybe the supply of ammo can be just a tiny bit shorter. Makes t level a bit more interesting. New secrets that you couldent get before? Why not

Old Post 08-04-01 18:00 #
ADOOM is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
EllipsusD

and that parts of a level would be blocked off and you couldnt get to it till later in the levels.

As nice as this sounds... most players are not used to this kind of gameplay unless they are directed towards it. Usually, once you pass a level, that is it, and people don't want to spend time looking back. I guess what I'm trying to say is that if you don't have 'sign-posts' telling people to head back to where they were before, they won't go back and will never visit the newly opened areas.
Remember, one of the things gamers hate the most is not knowing what to do, or where to go. And they hate to go through the same area twice unless there is a clear reason for it.

Old Post 08-04-01 19:40 #
EllipsusD is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
diluted
I am maga

wtf? plese (DURR HAHAHA IM A NEWBIE) write posts when you are not stoned and only if you have graduated from elementry school.

look you fucking newbie shut the fuck up before i bash your skull in, and please write posts that actually have words that a retard could spell spelled correctly.

anyways, ellipsusd you have a point, it was just a idea, like the thought of different realitys, like physical and spirit type realitys. and once you got into a certain reality parts of the levels change, like something would be there that wasnt there before, or something, i dunno.

Old Post 08-04-01 21:29 #
diluted is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
EllipsusD

I'm not saying the idea is bad, but you would need to figure out a reason for the player to go back through the area again. It all depends on if id is willing to put that much time into level design, or if they turn it out as soon as possible to appease the masses.

Old Post 08-04-01 22:26 #
EllipsusD is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
ADOOM
Mini-Member

Its possible for them to incude an idea like that.

Old Post 08-04-01 22:50 #
diluted
I am maga

a plausible idea could be that the minions of hell have hidden clues inside different realitys, thinking you wouldnt be able to figure out how to get to them

Old Post 08-04-01 23:36 #
DooMBoy
Heh
(but Stupidity still cannot be concealed)

Hey, diluted, that would be a good idea with the hub system and all that. But wouldn't that be like HeXen, which is a game derived from Doom? Hmmmm......

Old Post 08-07-01 04:08 #
DooMBoy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote