Demon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Newfangled Doom > Doom 3 General > quake4 art concept
Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 10:48. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Dark-tenshi
Forum Regular

here is the link to the quake4 art concept pic.
http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/news/0,10870,2803659,00.html

Old Post 08-11-01 02:38 #
Dark-tenshi is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Dark Fox
No one <3's me enough

Quake 4 = Same shit in a new diaper..

Old Post 08-11-01 02:43 #
Dark Fox is offline Profile || Blog || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
MACVILWHORE
Want some coffee?

You gotta admit he looks cool though, I bet he could completly annilate the original gladiator in a fucking pinch.

Old Post 08-11-01 02:52 #
MACVILWHORE is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Zaldron
Sex Cauldron

Quake 4 made by Raven. This rules compared to the old ones, Dark Fox.

I remember the gladiator made a pretty funny sound when it saw you. In spanish it sounded like "little spoon".

Old Post 08-11-01 02:55 #
Zaldron is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Dark Fox
No one <3's me enough

Quake is getting old.....

Old Post 08-11-01 04:00 #
Dark Fox is offline Profile || Blog || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Jeremy

OH HELL YEAH! I mean, DOOM3..SWEET, What could be better {nothing}, and then.. QUAKEIV...BY RAVEN...AND ITS A SEQUAL TO QUAKEII..! YAYAY FUCKING YAY!

Old Post 08-11-01 04:01 #
Jeremy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Zaldron
Sex Cauldron

Not when Raven picks the franchise. War between Humans and Stroggos, on the Doom3 engine. Imagine the atmosphere, the feel of "My god we're in the middle of a war".

Old Post 08-11-01 04:11 #
Zaldron is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
MACVILWHORE
Want some coffee?

/me hugs both the doom and quake communities

WERE FINALLY COMING TOGETHER (over me)

Old Post 08-11-01 04:16 #
MACVILWHORE is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
LorD BaZTArD
My SHiFt KEy iS bROKeN

They Have a point dude.
True Quake is getting old.
But all Quakes rule IMO
All Raven Games ARE FANTASTIC!
NO EXCEPTION.
Quake 2 Ruled.
Raven Making Quake 4!
YYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Raven Are THE masters of iD's Engines (apart from iD themselves)
THIS IS GOOD

/End Lunatic Ranting

Old Post 08-11-01 04:18 #
LorD BaZTArD is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Zaldron
Sex Cauldron

WERE FINALLY COMING TOGETHER (over me)

DROP THEM ALL INTO THE COFFEE TANK!!!111111

Old Post 08-11-01 04:36 #
MACVILWHORE
Want some coffee?

/me than closes the lid and creates a new flavour, COMMUNITY ROAST flavour

Old Post 08-11-01 05:46 #
Dark Fox
No one <3's me enough

/cries as being the only unreal fan here..

Old Post 08-11-01 06:40 #
Tetzlaff

I remember the gladiator made a pretty funny sound when it saw you. In spanish it sounded like "little spoon".

It sounds like "tahita!" or something like that :)

Well I´m very happy that the cool Stroggos universe will return. Q2 is the game with the coolest industrial athmosphere ever :)

Old Post 08-11-01 12:47 #
Tetzlaff is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
AN7
Green Marine

Q2 was just sweet. i cant wait 4 q4.

im gonna play max payne til rtcw comes out

then rtcw until doomIII and QuakeIV comes out.

:)

Old Post 08-11-01 15:43 #
AN7 is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
HateFactor

fucking a

Old Post 08-11-01 23:44 #
HateFactor is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Dark Fox
No one <3's me enough

Yessir, Unreal is done for

Just wait... just wait till U2 comes out.. you will see.. the surreal is always and will be unreal..

Old Post 08-12-01 01:29 #
Zaldron
Sex Cauldron

Thank God they learned. U2 seems fun, while Unreal, a game that I beated 3 times seems so...no, "unreal" is not the word I'm looking for...stupid. That's it.

I gotta admit Unreal was more like a tech demo for me than anything else...

Old Post 08-12-01 04:57 #
Disorder
Boards of Canada

Ontopic ---> The art looks awfull.

Old Post 08-12-01 12:54 #
Disorder is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
MACVILWHORE
Want some coffee?

And I assume YOU could do better.

Old Post 08-12-01 17:08 #
Dark Fox
No one <3's me enough

Thank God they learned. U2 seems fun, while Unreal, a game that I beated 3 times seems so...no, "unreal" is not the word I'm looking for...stupid. That's it.

I gotta admit Unreal was more like a tech demo for me than anything else...

You will ph33r unreal you savages.. your days of mindless quaking will halt soon..
/me duct tapes pipe bomb to Quake 4 development room.

Old Post 08-12-01 17:56 #
Zaldron
Sex Cauldron

"Mindless Quaking"? Yeah, Unreal's for the Mensa Club. You don't even have to choose weapon BECAUSE THEY ALL DO THE SAME DAMAGE.

Old Post 08-13-01 01:43 #
Dark Fox
No one <3's me enough

"Mindless Quaking"? Yeah, Unreal's for the Mensa Club. You don't even have to choose weapon BECAUSE THEY ALL DO THE SAME DAMAGE.

/me duct tapes Zaldron's mouth shut

NO MORE POSTING FOR YOU!

Old Post 08-13-01 03:51 #
DiSTuRBeD

Unreal = Lots of ghey weapons that all do the same damage on lots of ghey monsters. However, the engine was great and way ahead of it's time, but that won't make a good game.
If U2 is any better i will buy a hat and eat it.

Quake2 was cool. I can't wait to see it again in the doom engine :-|~~~~~~~

Look at the gladiator's railgun! That actually looks like a railgun :) Sweet. I hope they run a bit more of a 'war' type of game and not 'supposed to be a war but i'm the only one still alive' type.

Old Post 08-13-01 07:21 #
DiSTuRBeD is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
læmænt
BAND

Well, at least Unreal has better storyline than Half-Life... Not much, that...

Old Post 08-13-01 08:01 #
læmænt is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Zaldron
Sex Cauldron

Better storyline? Mmmh, Unreal was just a gallery of levels. Meanwhile, HL's story was non-existant, it's ALMOST DooM's plot. Of course, they made the game inmersive, and that's a good way to deal with simple plots.

Old Post 08-13-01 08:48 #
Tetzlaff

I can´t see many similarities between Doom´s and Halflife´s storys, except that they both involve a scary kind of alien creatures, although HL lacks the hellish aspect. HL is a typical action movie story, gouvernment has a top secret project in their hidden Black Mesa research labs, then something went wrong...and you are the man, although a scientist assistant, you battle like a one man army through the game, much like in a Schwarzenegger movie.

And Doom? The whole setting is very different, space, military bases and industrial facilities on phobos, something went wrong as well, but they sent you, an elite marine, there to have a look at it...or was it somehow different? Your shuttle crashed and you had to start with the emergency pistol? :)

Ah, and Unreal...it surely had sme very nice moments and some really beautiful designed levels (that Nali water god temple for example), but Zaldron is right, it was just a collection of levels chained together by a weak storyline. The weapons were really inventive, I liked them, and they were not all the same. But the monsters looked stupid, big heads ---> child scheme, not very dangerous...

Old Post 08-13-01 09:48 #
Tetzlaff is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Dark Fox
No one <3's me enough

/me beats everyone to death with a nali arm

DIE QUAKERS DIE!!

Old Post 08-13-01 11:55 #
MACVILWHORE
Want some coffee?

THERE NOT ALIENS DAMMMIT THEY ARE DEEEMMMMOOOOONNNNNSSSSSSSS !!!!!!

/me transports Tetzlaff into the bathroom scene in the new doom movie, and makes him face the new pinky (bulldug demon) all by himself with only a rotting corpse to keep him company)

Old Post 08-13-01 15:47 #
Tetzlaff

Argh yes I know they are demons!! Just tried to find any similarities between HL and Doom...so there is nothing left.

/me pushes MacVilwhore into a gravel pit with 1 bull demon, 3 head crabs, 2 strogg parasites, 3 stupid looking Roswell aliens and 1 innocent screaming Nali with only 3 arms (because Dark Fox ripped one off to punish all the Quakers) and waits if he still makes a difference :p

Old Post 08-13-01 18:44 #
TheHighestTree
Retard

shiny...i was pissed at the way q3 was called a quake game, yet wasn't a sequel to q2, which actually had a plot. hmm. anyways, the Gladiator says "Traitor!" in q2, i guess it thinks you're a strogg or something, i dunno...

Old Post 08-13-01 23:58 #
TheHighestTree is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote