Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lord FlatHead

New article + 2 screenshots

doomedout said:

What is wrong with the revenant? If you look closely at its legs, you will see a strange outline. Can someone point to me what that is?

maybe because the revenant has ghost powers? that's what you get when you show of nVIDIA's new superpowers.

auxois said:

A Very Very Very Very Long Post

Wow, that must be the longest rant post I've ever seen. Omg flame wars!

DING DING DING! Auxois vs. DSM! OMG

/me stops before this post gets any dumber

Revenant is teh sux.

"We noticed the pinky demon on the other side of it. While the pinky demon was a hunched, yellow-eyed, pink-skinned mass of flesh in the original Doom, in Doom 3 it's a humongous four-legged carnivore with an eyeless head and a pair of mechanical hind legs. The demon apparently saw us through the glass, but, unable to break through, the demon turned the corner behind it--in obvious pursuit. As Hollenshead explained, this dramatic moment didn't occur in a jarring cutscene that took us out of the action, but, rather, it happened in real time within the game."

That is so cool.

WHO'S A MAN AND A HALF? I'M A MAN AND A HALF! BERZERKER PACKIN' MAN AND A HALF! There's nothing wrong with you that I can't fix - WITH MY HANDS!

DYNAMITE!

auxois said:

WHO'S A MAN AND A HALF? I'M A MAN AND A HALF! BERZERKER PACKIN' MAN AND A HALF! There's nothing wrong with you that I can't fix - WITH MY HANDS!

DYNAMITE!

I think you missed the point in time where this was the "cool" thing to do in this thread.

doomedout said:

As Hollenshead explained, this dramatic moment didn't occur in a jarring cutscene that took us out of the action, but, rather, it happened in real time within the game.

Anyone else getting sick of Hollenshead running around screaming "It's real-time ! REAL-TIME !!!!111&&LOLOL" all the time ? I mean yeah, it's his job, but you'd think everyone would had gotten the point by now.

LOL. I think real time means so much to him, he's sort of conditioned to say that in every single interview he conducts. Blah, blah blah blah...oh did I mention its real time?

Who thinks the revenant is wearing dungarees? Damn, all he needs are overalls and some weed dangling from his teeth and some southern accent to boot. Just for that, no doom 3 for me...

doomedout said:

LOL. I think real time means so much to him, he's sort of conditioned to say that in every single interview he conducts. Blah, blah blah blah...oh did I mention its real time?

Who thinks the revenant is wearing dungarees? Damn, all he needs are overalls and some weed dangling from his teeth and some southern accent to boot. Just for that, no doom 3 for me...

All we need is a soundbyte of a hick yelling "Git offa mah land!" as his alert sound and then crazy chase music with hillbilly instruments playing when he runs. YEEEEEEEEEE-HAW! I'mma done shoot me a Demon, maw! Whar'd mah buckshot git to...

Dunbar said:

All we need is a soundbyte of a hick yelling "Git offa mah land!" as his alert sound and then crazy chase music with hillbilly instruments playing when he runs. YEEEEEEEEEE-HAW! I'mma done shoot me a Demon, maw! Whar'd mah buckshot git to...

do I smell a doom3 mod?

doomedout said:

Change the look of the revenant pahhhhleeeezeeeeeeee.

I never really liked the Revenant design, the monster itself is cool, but the look... skeletons just aren´t scary, they even look kinda funny. I hoped the Doom3 redesign of the Revenant would look more like a mummified corpse.

But maybe, if they make the Revenants "ghost body" a bit less translucent, it could still look good.

However, in the video it looks pretty good. Doom 3 demon pictures I guess don't look as good as they do when they are in motion.

What happened to the birdman? I hope he isn't scrapped.

ok.. now, incase u were curious, that translucent part of the revenant is his skin.. i was reading about that, at id said while they were working on the skeletal system of it, the modeler made the skin transparent so he could see it.. the effect however looked alot better, and they dicided to go with that instead.. :D

And btw, i dont see why ppl are bitching about it.. in the e3 trailer, it looked GREAT! just make those rocket launchers a little bigger, and your good to go! i love the look of it so far! jsut fix those launchers, and its perfect.. remember, these ARE jsut shots, not actual motion...

And i noticed some bitching about a flashlight.... if u noticed in the e3 trailer, there WAS a flashlight.... And sides, flashlight does NOT help. infact, in most cases, it makes things more creepy cause tyhen you got one spot of light around you, and large, long shadows casting off of everything.. And doom 3 WILL have those long shadows.. :D boy, i cant wait!!! :D

screw those losers.. lol.. i think doom 3 will kill hl2... will be WAYY scarier, and honestly, hl2 doesnt seem to have that look that makes me say "OOO!!! i want that! I WANT IT!!"... doom 3 does tho.. it has that scary piss-your-pants look, and i LOVE that.. and laughing at the upsidedown demon head, well now i think that is one of the scariest things IN that game.. i mean, those spider thingies are some creepy shit.. i jsut CANT wait for it! i dont know why ppl try to laugh at doom 3... i tihnk they are just intimidated.. :D

btw, this was really about that link of Wobbo's and the ppl makin fun of it.. pfft..

You know some people are real good in deep analysis, you can analyse and analyse every little tidbit of doom3...idon't care, it's the shrink or therapist his job to analyze things and people...games are meant to be played an have fun with..

I'm happy with every new detail i got to read about doom3 because i don't analyse it untill i almost drop dead,i do not do this with people on the net also ..on the net you never can judge people in a good way(only in reallife you can)

I'm just happy to read that doom3 is coming along very well ...they also disancourage some points of angry other minded fanboys ,i like that..see the eurogamer preview,constantly comparing to HL2? WTF? When i read a doom3 article i don't care about something else...
When i go to a porsche garage for a porsche i don't wanna here about ferrari's ;)

Ok what i liked:

-7 spiders..ok that's a pack.. if they can render so many enemy's(ok small ones) in that environment i'm very positive..

-OK the revenant and his rocketlaunchers look a bit awkward in that one pic,but hey maybe he just fires this small rockets(they are made in hell so why should they make sense )
The good thing is that you can fire those out of the air with good aim because of per poly hit detection..that's cool

-The windows on the outside ,the vacuum,the alarm,can have very dramatic lighting effects( alien like effects) and add extra tension when oxigen dissapears

-Some behaviour of demons where cool:the pinky above on the glass,demons throwing stuff,others hiding in the dark,others running in from far away..lot's of variety in enemy's and their attacks ...another good point

-new generation physics,who said only HL2 would have them? no one :-)..as far as they are needed they are here
Not to mension the crane games and other stuff we'll encounter

-NPC's, distant batlles, where are our fellow marines and stuff?all questions answered now and it makes sense
I think it's good to choose to let sometimes people guide you or not ;different option in how you play..then again you'll have to offer protection to unarmed friendly's

-Variety in level design..i liked the second part where you see that the base is getting HELL-ized..demons spawning from fiery spawnpoints sounds cool..the atmosphere is letting you know hell is colonizing -or trying to- the base(little like in aliens when to search for the survivors in that reactor)

-flashilights..i can understand ID's decision and i have faith in them..
Limiting a flashlights use is easely done with battery power,or just making it a small light beam..so you really need to point out where you look ...

I say it looks good and promising!

Yo-Han said:

Ok what i liked:

-7 spiders..ok that's a pack.. if they can render so many enemy's(ok small ones) in that environment i'm very positive..

Actually, there are eight spiders on that screenie - the eighth is just damn hard to see because it's hiding behind the bridge. (You can see a few pixels of its severed neck and of one of its legs over the rim of the bridge).
But yes, the outdoor bridge w. spiders screenie sure improved my faith in this being a cool game a notch.

Basically, I like to analyze elements in games, because it's part of my hobby (alongside analyzing stuff, I also come up with good ideas for potential fanfics) and part of what I like in games.

It never hurts to train your brain.

no problem with some analasys as it stays reasonable for the subject your on :-))
..i'm gonna look for that 8 th spider now :-)..

It's the top of it's head..hehe ..7 is a holy number,they never appear in 7's

PS..or is it the bottom in their case :-))