Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Disorder

'Doom 3 out next month' -- RUMOUR

deathbringer said:

Doom millenium will be out before doom 3 remember, ID is just holding back the release till after millenium comes out...

GOOD GOD! O_O

That's also the same date Windows XP sp2 is expected to be RTI (released to internet).

Coincidences? I don't believe in them.

Amazon says June 1, and even funnier Half-Life 2 has the same date.

My guess is they're watching each other to release both at the same time...

If they were released at the same time, that wouldnt be good marketing strategy at all because many people like to play 1 game at a time and/or cannot afford 2 games at the same time.

But it would be good competition between the two, since many buyers would have to choose one or the other and not both.

Shamino said:

But it would be good competition between the two, since many buyers would have to choose one or the other and not both.

Which is exactly what the developers would like to avoid.

ebgames has doom3 listed on their coming soon list. for july. maybe around then.

and they have thief: deadly shadows too.

More people would get HH2 if it was released at the same time as Doom3 because about everyone has Half-Life and still plays it now.

I'd get Doom3 though. :)

pffff. I'd by doom3 instead, over just about anything. but thats why I've been saving up lots of cash, so I can get all of the big3 when they come out. maybe i'll have enough for a new graphix card.... unlikely thought.

There will be a technology test version realeased at least a month before it comes out- dont even think the game is coming out in the next two months until youve at least seen ONE technology test realeased.

we havent even heard id TALK about releasing it yet, let alone actually give us an executable to play with..

Therefore, i think its obvious that doom3 wont be out until AT LEAST late july

Wobbo said:

There will be a technology test version realeased at least a month before it comes out- dont even think the game is coming out in the next two months until youve at least seen ONE technology test realeased.

we havent even heard id TALK about releasing it yet, let alone actually give us an executable to play with..

Therefore, i think its obvious that doom3 wont be out until AT LEAST late july

I believe they've already said that given Doom 3 is not a MP-focused game they will not be doing a technology test or MP demo.

deathbringer said:

Well, its next month (may) and it aint out yet!

http://www.webdog.org/plans/313/

-------------------------------------------------------------------
April.30.2004
-------------
You will be required to work closely with the programming, design and art teams on the design of tools for DOOM 3 tech as well as future tech.

OK. I quess hiring and than design, developing, testing, integrating tools will at least take 4 months.

\M E W A I T S S O M E L O N G E R

on may 12th, there will be strikes at a couple grocery stores like qfc, albertsons, etc. ( i live in the PNW ) and when people go on strike, im going to get a job as a scab and earn 16.50 an hour, baggin groceries and pushin carts, and buy a new motherboard, and vid card. i just got a 550 watt antec power supply for my birthday so ill be all set!

Skeletor said:

on may 12th, there will be strikes at a couple grocery stores like qfc, albertsons, etc. ( i live in the PNW ) and when people go on strike, im going to get a job as a scab and earn 16.50 an hour, baggin groceries and pushin carts, and buy a new motherboard, and vid card. i just got a 550 watt antec power supply for my birthday so ill be all set!

A longer, more random chain of events could not possibly happen.

Arioch said:

I believe they've already said that given Doom 3 is not a MP-focused game they will not be doing a technology test or MP demo.

Carmack said there woudl be one 2 years ago at quakecon, although he did say that there would be less time in between the realease of the test and the acutal game.

Waht does the fact that doom3 is not MP focused have to do with a technology test anyway?

Oh and fuck you skeletor, scabs are human trash

Wobbo said:

Carmack said there woudl be one 2 years ago at quakecon, although he did say that there would be less time in between the realease of the test and the acutal game.

Waht does the fact that doom3 is not MP focused have to do with a technology test anyway?

Oh and fuck you skeletor, scabs are human trash

i dont think im very good at joking....

I never could be a scab because i wouldn't be able to handle people yelling "fuck you" and "go to hell" at me once i walk out of the store.
plus, i support union groups, especially UNITEunion.org...but well, UNITE leans more towards sweatshops.

Wobbo said:

Because between id, Activision, and the graphics card people, they've already done loads of "technology testing."

And the less of the big picture they show the general public of what the final game is really like, the more of an impact the end result is going to be.

Wobbo said:

Yeah, but other Id employees (Tim Willits for instance) later said there would be none iirc.

chilvence said:

Uh.. whats a scab?

Dictionary.com says:
4. Slang. A person regarded as contemptible.

A worker who refuses membership in a labor union.
An employee who works while others are on strike; a strikebreaker.
A person hired to replace a striking worker.

Yeah, but what does it mean in this context?

im going to get a job as a scab and earn 16.50 an hour, baggin groceries and pushin carts

Or can I actually get a job as a contemptible person? That would be cool. Being paid just to be a total jerkwad...

Skeletor said:

i dont think im very good at joking....

I never could be a scab because i wouldn't be able to handle people yelling "fuck you" and "go to hell" at me once i walk out of the store.
plus, i support union groups, especially UNITEunion.org...but well, UNITE leans more towards sweatshops.

Im a moron, sorry
Much respect, now that i read it it WAS funny

lol, its cool man.

when posting on message boards or chatting online, its hard to tell if someone is serious or joking because all a person is reading is text, and there is no emotion in text. all a person can do is assume.

Well personally I have my hopes up for it being released June 15. All sites that I have visited are stating June 15 for the release date. I even read in the latest PC Gamer and an issue of Maxim magazine having that release date. I don't know about Maxim, but I have noticed that PC Gamer doesn't really specifiy a release date unless it is fairly accurate, normally they just put "first quarter" or "spring" if they are not sure. Lets hope this is correct.

how come the dates always seem to be on the 15th? and i dont really get the quarter thing. can someone explain that?

I hope they release it after I finished FarCry.

Skeletor said:

...and i dont really get the quarter thing. can someone explain that?

First Quarter = January, Febuary, March

Second Quarter = April, May, June

Third Quarter = July, August, September

Fourth Quarter = October, November, December

It's quite easy, you see? You just divide the year in four quarters.

But notice, that the fiscial year of Activison starts on April 1st. So you have to add 3 Months to the above equation, when someone is talking about the Activision fiscial year.

Example: We are now in 2nd quarter 2004, but in 1st quarter of Activision's fiscal year 2005!