Severed bunny head
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Newfangled Doom > Doom 3 General > Favorite place in the history of Doom

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 08:39. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Xenoman

Ok, this is just a little poll I guess, since there ain't THAT much to talk about in here, I let myself to ask you all this:

Which location did you find most interesting and most exciting?

Phobos?

Deimos?

Earth?

or...

Hell itself?

Please feel free to correct me if I have forgotten any location from Doom.

Old Post 06-17-01 19:29 #
Xenoman is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Zaldron
Sex Cauldron

You forgot the greatest episode of DooM :

SETUP.EXE

Old Post 06-18-01 01:26 #
Zaldron is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lüt
Administrator

All of them.

Although Doom3 better not go back to Deimos and Phobos, there's gotta be new territory.

Old Post 06-18-01 01:55 #
Lüt is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
doomsick
no need for a title.

anyplace doom takes place is a good place...

Old Post 06-18-01 03:45 #
doomsick is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
EllipsusD

Maybe I'm biased, but I prefer Phobos. It just felt... so innocent and empty until you saw what was lurking in the shadows. I don't know... the Hell and Earth environments seemed too hopeless (depressing) to be as frightening, and since Deimos was floating above Hell...
Doom 3 (unless it is a remake) should not focus on the two moons unless it is using them to fill in the story. But that still leaves the base on Mars...

Old Post 06-18-01 04:19 #
EllipsusD is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
maga
look deep into my eye

You forgot the greatest episode of DooM :

SETUP.EXE

and the famous Default.cfg

Old Post 06-18-01 06:59 #
maga is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Doom-Child
Wears the man-pants in this family

Phobos, definitely. And the fact that my computer is named Phobos has absolutely nothing to do with that.

But yeah, I liked Phobos because of the level styles used in it. There was none of the hellish idea behind the actual levels. Once you got to Deimos, things started to get warped in places. Don't get me wrong, from a playability standpoint, The Shores of Hell has to be my favorite, but from an architectural standpoint, I have to go with Phobos.

DC

Old Post 06-18-01 22:24 #
Doom-Child is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Windowpain

Phobos because it was my first DooM experience. It was also the most realistic, id had a hard time creating a really Hell like place and the same goes for the city environment. But you did forget to mention the areas covered in Final DooM.

Old Post 06-19-01 00:16 #
Windowpain is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Dark Fox
No one <3's me enough

Phobos, and demois..
DooM 2 was the fucking craps..

Old Post 06-19-01 04:47 #
Dark Fox is offline Profile || Blog || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote