Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dubh

Activision and id Software Confirm Summer 2004 Ship Date for Doom 3

From an astronomical point of view summer starts Monday June 21 and ends on September 23. I'm still waiting for a .plan from id before I believe anybody.

This is good news! I doubt there will be a demo though.

BTW: Who rates these posts (DUMB/NEWS etc) and why is this post labeled "DUMB"? It is news and should be called news. If it's the moderators of the forum they must like belittling the users by calling a majority of the posts DUMB. Great way to gain more viewers isn't it? </sarcasm>

High

Yay !

Zoost said:

I'm still waiting for a .plan from id before I believe anybody.

It's an official press release by both id Software and Activision. They're not just going to make this stuff up.

highlander said:

This is good news! I doubt there will be a demo though.

BTW: Who rates these posts (DUMB/NEWS etc) and why is this post labeled "DUMB"? It is news and should be called news. If it's the moderators of the forum they must like belittling the users by calling a majority of the posts DUMB. Great way to gain more viewers isn't it? </sarcasm>

High

Those images next to topic names are merely the images YOU choose. If you start a new topic, you might notice at the top that there are multiple images you can choose from. "DUMB" just happens to be the default one.

I believe it.

Thank god I'm ordering my RAM and HD TOMORROW! YES! MY PC WILL BE COMPLETE! ALL HAIL ID SOFTWARE AND TEH MIGHTY ACTIVISION!!1111one

I'd like to use this opportunity to apologize to all those I told that there wouldn't be an official release date (though I have yet to see an actual date). I'm sorry I annoyed the crap out of you.

Summer 2004 (heh, I actually typed 2994 at first - ooops ;-P) could mean a lot of things, but at least there seems to be light at the end of the tunnel. /Me prays that there won't be a delay.

I finally viewed the E3 2003 trailer some days ago along with redownloading a certain illegal video of an E3 demo - man, these news certainly fell on a dry spot!

Lord FlatHead said:

It's an official press release by both id Software and Activision. They're not just going to make this stuff up.

It is an press release by Activision, quoting id. I have heard a date before from Activision and I think "summer" is very broad. But offcourse I hope we will see a release in July or August (And a demo after E3)

TO ALL THE DOUBTERS:

Pat Duffy wrote to me in a mail
I can confirm that ship date! Woohoo, getting close! We are on track and have been working hard to get it done. As you can imagine we are all very ready to get this game shipped out :)

Pat Duffy wrote:
As you can imagine we are all very ready to get this game shipped out :)

Yeehaw! This is almost as good as an actual gone gold statement. I really, really hope there won't be some obscure delay that Id didn't count on.

I would congratulate he good folks at Id for a job well-done, but that would be kinda stupid, given that I haven't tried the game itself yet (and it isn't even released), so I'll just send them my kindest regards (because I'm perfecly intoxicated today) and thank them for the hard work they did (and no doubt are still doing) to get this game out.

Scabbed what's your problem? They've already finished the game, it's just a matter of "fine tuning" it. It's not that hard to believe that it will be done in the summer, (just around the same time I'll be getting my ultra-fast, ultra-cool looking computer!). This isn't like HALO or anything. I highly doubt it will get pushed back. And even if it did, it will just make the game THAT much better. I mean, come on, look at DOOM3 now, and then think about it if they had another month to tune it up. Anyways, I think it will be done by this summer. And if it doesn't, oh well thats just the way it is. Good things come to those who wait.

Pat Duffy wrote:
I can confirm that ship date! Woohoo, getting close! We are on track and have been working hard to get it done. As you can imagine we are all very ready to get this game shipped out :)

It would be cool to see a .plan file, now. BTW: What exactly does Pat Duffy on Doom3? Does anyone know? He's listed as a "media artist" at idsoftware.com

Deathmatcher said:

It would be cool to see a .plan file, now. BTW: What exactly does Pat Duffy on Doom3? Does anyone know? He's listed as a "media artist" at idsoftware.com

Pat Duffy wrote in another mail:
My part in Doom is designing and coding all the gui's.

S1lent said:

Scabbed what's your problem? etc etc

Huh? I'm happy there's finally a release date (sort of), after a long wait. I don't follow you. I think you may have misunderstood my joke...

Id finnally gave a pseudo release date=hell has frozen over. Its a joke, not a problem : )

Fredrik said:

One guy dedicated to that task alone? Heh.

The industry is clearly growing more complex:

1990: "Kid, what do you wanna become, once you're grown up? -> A Game designer!"

2004: "Kid, what do you wanna become, once you're grown up? -> A GUI-coder!" :)

I'm not excited about this considering that the game can come out in four months (September). Besides, we were already told last month(?) that the game was 'close' to being done, and a summer relese date seemed plausible.
We could have been given a more specfic ship date.

The wait is almost over. Time to rob the bank and buy myself a brand new shiny monster pc!

LOL, I saw the news here and posted it on several forums to spread the joy. Sadly it resulted in an instant ban at the Atari UT2k4 forum. Must have been Pezman's time of the month...

the lone crouton said:

LOL, I saw the news here and posted it on several forums to spread the joy. Sadly it resulted in an instant ban at the Atari UT2k4 forum. Must have been Pezman's time of the month...

DOOM3 is about to be unleashed upon the world. Unreal Tournament 2004 feels it and FEARS it.