Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Lord FlatHead

fire scene movie ! argl

As long as the fans are happy Id is happy

Exactly...and thats why they are still selling Doom 2 for $50 and they havn't updated their website in 5 years...

Exactly...and thats why they are still selling Doom 2 for $50 and they havn't updated their website in 5 years...

Actually, you can call them up for the latest pricing (hint: it's NOT $50)

Doesn't anyone think the fire on the movie looks a bit flat. If these effects should look realistic they shouldn't be using the quake 3 type of fire (sprites).

But i hope this will be fixed in the final version

There's no good way to do fire except something like Afterburner's plugin. And that takes several (read : many) minutes to render.

Ruin it? Actually the old enemies are way too cheesy for a game that looks so realistic like the new DooM.

i wonder how the imp's fireball or the baron of hell's green fire ball will be look like in doom3.if they change the imp's fireball into something like RTCW's flamethrower,it won't be the bad idea.

Not at all, altough IMO the fire attack should be removed from the Imp. id designed that enemy as some kind of Alien, but there was too many limitations back then :)

you maybe right Zaldon.but i still hope there will be the monster that use rtcw-like flame attack.imagine you are in the dark room.you walk slowly through the corridor.surprisingly the room is lightened up by the flame attack of this monster.this will make good use of lighting and create good atmosphere of the game IMO.

Oh, I'm quite sure there will be something like that. Afterall, you have an entire arsenal of long-range weapons, it wouldn't be fair :)