Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Revo19

Doom3 vs RE

Try maybe not being such a jackass and people might like you instead of having to search for internet friends.

Ugh, that's a terrible insult, such a cliche, but hey it's something mongs like you can use apparently. You have nothing going for you in the troll department so the best you can do now is to try and stop further topic derailment and make an honest attempt to back up the garbage you've been preaching. And since that's not going so well, maybe just stop?

Don't ask a mod to PH a thread, I'm sure they're capable of making a decision like that for themselves without your help. Also, this thread hasn't nose-dived, he could still produce a rational argument yet.

S1lent said:
You're so funny, I wish I was as funny as you. Grow up.
(followed by some other shit)

Well I'm glad you could so clearly understand what I was trying to say, and following it up by completely ignoring the point is even better. Nobody here cares if the Gamecube games are mostly remakes or not. It's not the point. Get over it and move on with your life. Besides, even if it were the point, it's not like Doom 3 isn't a remake (or retelling to be more precise), so the remake issue (if it were even an issue here, which it is not) is invalid.

Basically, all I'm asking is for you to stop spouting off irrelevent shit and stick to the topic, if you would be so kind.

If you recall, I did make a second post simply saying "Doom 3 wins, end of discussion" << I think that follows the point of this thread very well considering the questio was "Which one?"

why dont we get back on track before this becomes flamewar and is placed in hell.

doomIII wil beat RE4 in graphical capability. i dont deny that RE4 looks great but compared to what doom can do...

first off the game cube can't handle doom III, it would really need to be watered down. i am sure even the X-Box version is stripped down quite a bit, as far as textures, modles and res.

i belive, like other RE games, is gonna use pre rendered back grounds. the onlyone i know that didnt was code veronica, it had a 3d enviroment. all the other ones i have played, like zero used prerenders. though these look good and i think classify these games in a new class.

however it does look cool. from screens i have seen no more slow "classic" zombies. also a new setting. no longer some mansion, a military compund, i secret island. infact from the article it said you arent really dealing with umbrella this time around. i always thought umbrella was a bad choice of names

S1lent: Think before you post: from what you've experienced ask yourself, "will people flame me for this?"

Gatewatcher: Stop being a troll. If you're going to advise S1lent on his posts try being contructive rather that just insulting him; he won't learn anything from the latter... I think that has been proven.

As far as which is better graphics, Doom 3 easily. Thouhg RE is very good, it doesn't have the same merit that Doom does from the screens posted. Also a good point to whoever stated that the backgrounds are completely fluid in D3. RE4 is a greater challenge to doom 3 from what I've seen, but still looks only as good as a console game can. Perhaps that's where part of the answer lies.

RE4: http://media.cube.ign.com/media/015/015821/imgs_1.html

Meh, still not up to Doom 3... up to par with Silent Hill 3, if it were on gamecube.

Ugh, don't tell me how to conduct myself, ever, because you are nothing. Thanks.

And any of you nit-picking graphics between these two games are way off base.

i belive, like other RE games, [RE4] is gonna use pre rendered back grounds. the onlyone i know that didnt was code veronica, it had a 3d enviroment. all the other ones i have played, like zero used prerenders. though these look good and i think classify these games in a new class.

But Resident Evil 4 is a thrid-person shooter. I don't think pre-randered scenery of any sort is doable from that perspective.

the screens really dont tell me much if it uses pre-rendered or a 3d enviroment.

i would like to see a 3d enviroment

however the fact is doom III will have better graphics.

i highly dout a doom III gamecube release will be done

>>>>>>>>Resident Evil's backgrounds may look better... but that's because it's just a still image being drawn once.

They don't look better....... Even when judging by stills.

gatewatcher said:

Ugh, don't tell me how to conduct myself, ever, because you are nothing. Thanks.

I think it would be to your bennifit, and others, that you take it into consideration. : ) Don't you? If I am nothing, why did you bother responding?

Hm, a PS1 game releasd in 1997, or a PC game released in 2004 (we hope!)..hm, its hard to decide! LOL

But seriously, Doom 3's screenshots like just as nice as RE's background-wise, and the models are way better, but also remember that in doom 3, everything is going to move, in RE the backgrounds generally dont do anything, except occasionally flicker if there is a fire, or a box moves along a predetermined line when you push it, in doom 3, the shadows will move and react to objects and changes in light, the computer monitors will flicker and change, hanging wires will sway gently and spark occasionally, the sparks generating thier own light...there is no contest!

Actually, he was referring to the Gamecube version that was much more recently released.

I would personally have to say that the characters in RE look a bit smoother than those in Doom 3, and least from a still fram standpoint. Seeing the Doom 3 enemies in motion may make up for some of the jagged edges of the models.

Background-wise, what makes Doom 3 more attractive is it's depth. Pre-rendered looks nice but the fact that it is immovable and prerendered somewhat hinders the experience. But I dunno... having only played one of these two games it's hard to make a valid judgement.

RE4 looks like a cool game and all, but if i was to do a small synopsis...(this is my own opinion too).

Graphics-Well, based from the pics Scabbed Angel gave us of RE4, and comparing them to DOOM3's stills that we've all seen, I'd deffenetly go with D3. Im not sure if its just from still frames but RE4's graphics in thos pics look slightly blurry, and the coloring is not appealing. D3, thats another story.

GamePlay-Again, i really dont know how RE4 plays, but if its similar to the past RE's, then D3 again. I dont like how the game was controlled, even though this one is Third person.

All in all, i think DOOM 3 has a better upper hand. Im deffenetly not saying RE4 is bad in anyway shape or form, but this is just how i feel when contrasting the two games from what i know. Just my 2 cents.

Inferno said:

GamePlay-Again, i really dont know how RE4 plays, but if its similar to the past RE's, then D3 again. I dont like how the game was controlled, even though this one is Third person.

Uh, all the RE's are third person (well, except a couple of the spin-offs).

NiGHTMARE said:

Uh, all the RE's are third person (well, except a couple of the spin-offs).

Yeah...forgot to mention it. Their controls though are so annoying though.

Can you really compare the controls as one is a PC (or X-box) First person shooter, whereas the other is a console-only 3rd person game?

The RE controls are the same as most other 3rd person console games. Unless you mean not being able to change camera angles is what's annoying?

Yeah the camera angles are extremely annoying, especially when it's switching positions.

The fact you would even compare the two games is a phenomenal complement to D3 because RE features pre-rendered backgrounds!

...but D3 hands down anyway!