Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Scabbed Angel

You thieving bastard!

Considering that the release of Doom 3 is coming near, how many of you will be honest, give id their rightful $$ and purchase the game? Who of you are going to be cheap, filthy, thieving bastards and pirate it?

I already have my preorder copy, 'Nuff said.

They will have piracy countermeasures in place, I'm sure. I likely couldn't play it online with a pirated version -- of course I'll buy the legitimate version! :)

I haven't pre-ordered - i ain't got the cash. However, i shall be taking next months salary down to HMV to purchase a well-rewarded copy of teh aforementioned game. Wooty!

They will get my money. I'll buy anything. And everything.

I'm sure not only will a cd key be required, but I read a few months ago that they were implementing a "battle.net-style" interface that also featured some IRC style features. That was probably in February when I read that.

This could include a login -- something I would like to see in DOOM 3.

I pre-ordered, because I've been waiting since day one.
The T-Shirt and Mancubus figure helped, too.
And it was a reasonably good deal.

I'm going to buy it on the day it comes out. Might get 2 copies so that my bros can play online too with the other PC.

already preordered...my little inch and a half pewter baron of hell is the only thing that keeps me warm at night

I've preordered it and I'm getting it before alot of the other people here in NZ. gpstore.co.nz always has games a few days before retail stores like EB has them. My friend got UT2004 from them a week before I got my preordered copy.

I'm preordering it monday or tuesday. I probably would download it if I could get it before the shelf date, but I would still pay for it. Some things you just gotta have. ths isn't likely though as I've heard rumours in 'the scene' that groups are refusing to release the game online until after the shelf date. Which is great if you ask me. Only rumours though.

Preordered it already (twice). EB Games (Electronics Boutique) and Best Buy. I lost the reciept that I had with best buy and I was real pissed off (especially cause it was a Christmas gift from my Brother. Dammit...) so I wen't and preordered at EB (they'll probly get it before Best Buy but who knows). At least I got the Mancubus and the Pinky...

I preordered my copy on 10/26/02. quite a long while ago :)
I would even buy an additional d3 deluxe edition.

another 8 + x days to go...hope my new pc parts will arrive this week so I can get my machine newly built up - new XP, defragmented HDDs, newest drivers, etc.

For d3 I even took 3 weeks of vacation from next thursday on - no joke! :)

waaahhhhhh...I really can't stand the wait anymore...

I'm going to be first in line at the store the morning it ships. I can't wait.

Too bad the prices may vary up where I'll get it. Hope it's not too much.

I've preordered it from EB already. But if I can get it online before ship date, sorry to upset you all, but I'll be downloading it...

cheers
k00k

I have a coupon left that will give me a 30% discount, so yes I'll buy it :)
I want the booklet, the case, the whole thing.

Disorder said:

I have a coupon left that will give me a 30% discount, so yes I'll buy it :)

I want the booklet, the case, the whole thing.

How about the five-finger discount, as they say? :D

Some things you just have to pay for. I'd kinda feel bad ripping it off. However, if for some crazy reason it becomes available online before I can buy it in a store, I'll undoubtedly pirate it until i can buy a legit copy.

Well, yeah, I think that's the general concensus. I remember, something similar to that happened with Jedi Knight II. There was a copy on the internet like, two or three days before shelf date. At that time, I didn't have broadband, but had I...

Pre-ordered for August 13th (yup, should get it by the 14th). I've also took a few days off work, to get some serious play in :). Now if that 6800 GT would just come in time *fingers crossed*...

I'll definitely buy it.
I wouldn't wanna miss out on the awesome experience of deja vu when I hold the box in my hands.

By knowing that the box in your hands contains the game you've been waiting for for 4 years - that sensation is far more powerful than if you're just downloading a bunch of files from the net.

dsm said:

By knowing that the box in your hands contains the game you've been waiting for for 4 years - that sensation is far more powerful than if you're just downloading a bunch of files from the net.

Seconded.