Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Anarkavre

Someone already has Doom 3

chubz said:

Agreed, I saw my friend play the leaked-alpha and even on THAT the gibbing was sweet looking.

There was no gibbing in the "e3 leaked exe". There were damage decals, and those are in the game too. I wish they would have left it at that : (

Scabbed Angel said:

OAnother point on this, though there is physics implemented, it's the same as far cry: once they're dead, they don't move like the ragdoll zombies in the "e3 leaked exe". I hope that can be enabled.

That sucks. It'd be better if you could toss some bodies around with a few grenades. Then again, bodies disappear quickly, don't they?

Yeah, so does the blood. Probably within 10-15 seconds. I'm sure once the console commands are released, this will not be an issue : ) I want to play with dead bodies too!

when even if you mess with the bodies after dead you can only shoot it once or it desolves to skeleton. Oh and ultra high res mode warns (this option requires over 500 mb of video texture memory to run)..So for those of you used to setting everything on super high the first time, Don't.

Scabbed Angel said:

There was no gibbing in the "e3 leaked exe". There were damage decals, and those are in the game too. I wish they would have left it at that : (

Oh, well what do you mean by gibbing then?

Is it where it looks like their bodies just "flatten" or "melt" into the ground????

I have seen the one for demons where they "burn to a crisp" and I think that looks pretty good.

EDIT - oh, and speaking of like the dead bodies and such, is the phsyics engine FULLY THERE like how in the alpha, the coke-cans werent made with ANY physics - is that fixed?? I sure hope so =/

They evaporate..Like what you'd imagine if you vanquished a deamon..but zombies don't unless you shoot them twice after killing.

Jtfalcon said:

They evaporate..Like what you'd imagine if you vanquished a deamon..but zombies don't unless you shoot them twice after killing.

Ah, ok.

Jtfalcon said:

when even if you mess with the bodies after dead you can only shoot it once or it desolves to skeleton. Oh and ultra high res mode warns (this option requires over 500 mb of video texture memory to run)..So for those of you used to setting everything on super high the first time, Don't.

Actually there's nothing stoping you from playing at Ultra High, it's just you'll experience some slow downs when the card is doing some stuff with the memory buffer and the fps will be stuttery at times...but anyway I've seen screenshots over at Hardcop beteen high quality mode and Ultra quality mode. There is really no difference at all.

Scabbed Angel there is physics implemented, it's the same as far cry: once they're dead, they don't move like the ragdoll zombies

Uh, I'm not sure what you're talking about. Once the mercenaries were dead in Far Cry the physics were still active. I know this because I mananged to pistol whip a corpse from the top of a tunnel entrace, down a hill and roll him off a cliff, looked funny as :D

Ret- said:

Looks pretty real to me.

also check out this: http://www.ironnerd.com/temp/

#doom3 on EnterTheGame, its a madhouse.

I looked at one shot, that 9600 isn't getting those graphics clear. The textures are fuzzy, but the Doom 3 engine is damn good it still looking better than other games.