Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hamster

2 problems

Hi, I just got doom 3. I've so far encountered 2 problems - does anybody have the solution to them? The first problem I encountered was ultra long loading time ... it literally takes about 3 minutes for the game to start after i double click the desktop shortcut. However, the quick saves are instantaneous, and the load games are fast. My computer is pretty decent, sporting a 6800 GT, 1024 ddr 400 dual channel (kingston) and athlon 64+. The other problem I'm facing is multiplayer. I tried joining every game and all of them were full. I even applied the "full" filter to ensure my eyes weren't tricking me. Furthermore, I refreshed the servers after attempting to join them. None of them were full. The same problem also seems to apply to password protected games. If anybody has solutions/explanations, please post reply asap! Thx in advance!!

Your going to need a update patch for no.1 ive had the problem with a few games, and no.2 ive never heard of, for 1 wait about 3 weeks to go online with it because the servers are WAY overloaded.

1. Strange...i have a crappier computer and d3 starts pretty quick, and the level load times are within 30 seconds.

Well i've figured out that some ppl have the same problem as I do for multiplayer... but I"m seriously having BIG problems with the loading time (5 mins!? Yikes!). I just rebooted my comp so I'm gonna try again and see what's wrong.

For the loading times, try defragging. Or applying one of the performance increasing solutions explained elsewhere on the forum (extracting the data from the .pk4 files for example).

I already defragged. Also, I dun think I ahve to resort to that "method" just to get decent load times. The reason is because some other people who have rigs with lower specs than mine can load their game MUCH faster... Obviously this is a problem with my rig, but I'd like to know how i can pass it. Please, any tech gurus here that can help?

The long startup time can be due to the copy protection. Apparently sometimes there are these kinds of issues with certain drives and *******. You could try using a no-cd crack to see if that helps

Edit: Ok, english might not be my native language, but I had no idea whatn0t was a dirty word ?!
Edit2: Btw, glad to be of help Hamster :)

Wow, tremendous thanks to the advice. I downloaded the no-cd crack and using it, I can open the game in less than 1 second! Thx again!