Severed bunny head
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Newfangled Doom > Doom 3 General > Sarge
Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 02:53. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
FlexGalaxy

Dumb Question. Sarge is the 3rd boss I believe. Is Sarge the guy from the beginning of the game that tells you to follow the sentry drone to the elevator to Mars City Underground? Just wanted to be sure.

Old Post 08-23-04 02:20 #
FlexGalaxy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Naked Snake
HAHA I AM A FAG AND I CAN'T CHANGE THIS TITLE ANYMORE

Um, yes...what kind of dumb question is that?

Old Post 08-23-04 02:31 #
Naked Snake is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
KLittle123
Mini-Member

I don't remember fighting sarge??? Wah??? Did I miss something....Maybe I did and forgot. can someone refresh my memory

Old Post 08-23-04 04:56 #
KLittle123 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Naked Snake
HAHA I AM A FAG AND I CAN'T CHANGE THIS TITLE ANYMORE

KLittle123 said:
I don't remember fighting sarge??? Wah??? Did I miss something....Maybe I did and forgot. can someone refresh my memory

The tank thing with the BFG.

Old Post 08-23-04 05:02 #
Naked Snake is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Amaster
Artificial Mechanical Android Skilled in Troubleshooting and Efficient Repair

The Saboath is Sarge. Otherwise known as the half-tank dude.

Edit: Oh, bbg beat me to it.

Old Post 08-23-04 05:04 #
Amaster is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Jomero

And let me just say he's a pain in the ass on nightmare.

Old Post 08-23-04 18:04 #
Jomero is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Deathmatcher
Forum Regular

A pitty, that there isnīt a cutscene showing his transformation.

Old Post 08-23-04 18:21 #
Deathmatcher is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Enjay
ASK ME ABOUT FOOTBALL / STEAM / DEAD CELEBRITIES / THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT

Deathmatcher said:

There wasn't a cutscene because it would have to feature Sgt. Kelly getting on a space ship, flying to Strogos (or whatever the Quake2 planet was called), getting fitted with all that Strog technology then coming back again.

Old Post 08-23-04 18:47 #
Enjay is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
AirRaid
Graphics Zealot

Deathmatcher said:

That was good IMO, because it makes you wonder when it happened. Notice you never see anything other than Sarge's face after the invasion.

Old Post 08-23-04 19:57 #
AirRaid is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Mogul

I'm not sure what I missed here...

But why is it that occasionally someone refers to Sarge's tank form as Sabaoth?

Old Post 08-26-04 07:27 #
Mogul is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
toxicfluff

Well, monster_boss_saboath is his entity name. Other than that, I don't know.

Old Post 08-26-04 13:33 #
toxicfluff is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Use3D
Forum Legend

BBG said:

You mean the same fucking dumbassed thing you fought in Quake2. Sarge was very lame.

Enjay, hah right on.

Old Post 08-26-04 18:43 #
Use3D is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Naitguolf

mmm... seriusly guys, there is something you LIKE in DooM3?

Old Post 08-26-04 19:00 #
Naitguolf is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Use3D
Forum Legend

Sure I like Doom3 alot, but all of the bosses to come out of id have sucked completely since Doom2.

Old Post 08-26-04 19:18 #
Use3D is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Job
Forum Legend

Use3D said:
Sure I like Doom3 alot, but all of the bosses to come out of id have sucked completely since Doom2.
Cthon wasn't too bad.

Old Post 08-26-04 19:25 #
Job is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Use3D
Forum Legend

Yeah but the sheer stupidity of Shub ruined everything.

Old Post 08-26-04 19:31 #
KLittle123
Mini-Member

BBG said:

Ooooooooooooooooooooh ok.

Old Post 08-26-04 23:01 #
KLittle123 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Deathmatcher
Forum Regular

Use3D said:

You donīt like Strogg Leader?

Old Post 08-26-04 23:23 #
Deathmatcher is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Godshatter

Saboath is the 'God of Host and Creation'. it is a special name for God the Father, of the Godhead.

Sabaoth is the tank/sgt. kelly hybrid in doom3. please spell it correctly (unless ID really did spell it Saboath).

Old Post 08-26-04 23:37 #
Godshatter is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Use3D
Forum Legend

Deathmatcher said:

Makron or whatever? No, he was a wuss.

Old Post 08-26-04 23:55 #
Rockn-Roll
Obviously someone being paid to talk about how incredible Doom 3 is

If you listen close you can detect that Sarge's voice at some point before sending the communications signal or canceling, has some sort of mechanical quality added to it. While, Swan's voice sounds very human.

Old Post 08-27-04 04:54 #
Rockn-Roll is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Stealthy Ivan
DM 4 life

Deathmatcher said:

Strogg's blow, along with all of quake...

Old Post 08-27-04 05:17 #
Stealthy Ivan is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
lupinx_resurrected

Rockn-Roll said:
If you listen close you can detect that Sarge's voice at some point before sending the communications signal or canceling, has some sort of mechanical quality added to it. While, Swan's voice sounds very human.

BTW, I sent the transmission on that part and beat the game that way. I never whent back to see what happens if you cancel the transmisson. So what changes if you choose to cancel the message?

Old Post 08-27-04 05:40 #
lupinx_resurrected is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Relica Religia
Asshole

I don't think anything changes. Betruger calls the fleet for you later on, right before he attempts to kill you with the poison gas.

Old Post 08-27-04 05:48 #
Relica Religia is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Cyb

Enjay said:

There wasn't a cutscene because it would have to feature Sgt. Kelly getting on a space ship, flying to Strogos (or whatever the Quake2 planet was called), getting fitted with all that Strog technology then coming back again.

haha nice one. totally fucking out of place that boss was. seriously, wtf genius made that design decision and then who approved it. ugh.

Old Post 08-27-04 07:56 #
Cyb is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Raith

the design wasn't.. hellish enough if you ask me. More disgusting than anything else, which I suppose was the designers aim.

Old Post 08-27-04 22:12 #
Raith is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Relica Religia
Asshole

I think it would've been awesome if you just faced "Human" Sarge with Campbell's BFG - he's not a demon or a mutant or anything, just a fanatic who thinks Betruger's cause is an idealistic one. I dunno.

Old Post 08-27-04 23:56 #
Relica Religia is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Deathmatcher
Forum Regular

Cyb said:

haha nice one. totally fucking out of place that boss was. seriously, wtf genius made that design decision and then who approved it. ugh.

Maybe they mixed up the folders Doom3_boss and Quake4_boss.

Old Post 08-28-04 00:08 #
Namco
Mini-Member

I never got a good look at him. I was too busy unloading my BFG/Soulcube into his ass.

I did like Xaero, just his style in Quake3... if you can call him a boss.

Old Post 08-28-04 00:15 #
Namco is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
predat0rian
Warming Up

You have to kill the Sarge?! Why?! Is it because of the key card caller thing you get from the one guy(i have not really played the game too much)?

Old Post 08-28-04 06:13 #
predat0rian is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote