Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
niguel

after entering hell...

...who is saying the "welcome to my domain" stuff after you arrive in hell the first time?

and the "MY GUARDIAN WILL DESTROY YOU!" part

Could be Betruger (but that would mean his voice is altered whenever in Hell), but I doubt it.

It could be Hell itself for all I know. I don't think we're supposed to get to understand who it is - it's one of those mood creating things in Doom 3.

It's an evil voice, that we know.

It's Betruger. The sound files in pak003.pk4 are labled with a "betruger" or "bet" in front of it.

Am I the only one who knew it was bertruger the first time I heard it? Logically, who else would it be? He talks like he knows you, he knows you're going after the soul cube, etc. It's not hard to figure out. o_O

but he still talks like he is a big bastard in hell's hierarchy. i thought he just made a deal with the devil. where the hell (heh) is satan?? he rocks.

Euronymous said:

It's betruger. Your not supposed to think its anything else, it's very obviously him.

I didn't think it was very obvious. At all.
Thoughout the Mars base, he sounds more or less mortal, then you go to Hell and his voice is all deep and "orc-like". Then you go back to Mars and his voice is all mortal again, wtf?

It seems about as "obvious" to me that the voice belongs to Betruger as it seems "obvious" that the voice would belong to some "pure" demon lord that takes over after Betruger has been "decomissioned" for his "incompetence" in attempting to stop you.

But for the time being, I'll bow to the sound file argument, for the time being.

dsm said:

I didn't think it was very obvious. At all.
Thoughout the Mars base, he sounds more or less mortal, then you go to Hell and his voice is all deep and "orc-like". Then you go back to Mars and his voice is all mortal again, wtf?

You just answered your own question. If he's mortal in this world, of course he's not going to sound like some orc as you put it. Once he enters Hell he's totally different. That's why the physical world is the physical world and Hell is Hell.

Dodge said:

You just answered your own question. If he's mortal in this world, of course he's not going to sound like some orc as you put it. Once he enters Hell he's totally different. That's why the physical world is the physical world and Hell is Hell.

Except that he occasionally sounds "orc-like" on Mars.

When he laughs at the random moments in the game he does sound like an 'orc.' It is usually when shit starts telepoting in. I believe that when Bertruger is using hell magic inside the base the surge of power the demon possessing him causes is to powerful for his flesh shell (Bert himself) so the real demon comes out laughing with glee.

Bah! You probably didn't understand that but meh.

Janderson said:

When he laughs at the random moments in the game he does sound like an 'orc.' It is usually when shit starts telepoting in. I believe that when Bertruger is using hell magic inside the base the surge of power the demon possessing him causes is to powerful for his flesh shell (Bert himself) so the real demon comes out laughing with glee.

Bah! You probably didn't understand that but meh.

No, I think I understood it well and it was a great explanation. Thanks.

yeah i got it now. im sure that betruger is possessed by the devil, since he says in hell "i am everywhere" and the way his voice gets deeper later in the game explains that his human form is failing or something.

...until he has finally transformed into that lovely winged demon glimpsed in the final scenes.

Spike said:

...until he has finally transformed into that lovely winged demon glimpsed in the final scenes.

transformed? I thought he was eaten by that thing.