Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Revenant!

Wind effects....

What about wind effects in the DooM-engine...hmm I can't remember reading about that. Will there be anything like that ? I think they could do some nice things with that option...

Revenant

If there's actually a robust physics engine in this game, I'm pretty sure there will be some vectorial forces tools in the editor.

wow, that would be super cool and neato
it opens up new gameplay methods too
like luring demonoids to a gust of wind to get blown off
a bridge and watch them fall to their death
or just see paper fly around. how about a martian tornado...hehe
i'd love to see doom 3 have this, and sound that travels down turns in corridors and such, as previously mentioned here. but anyway, time for me to play Sonic Adventure, to tie me over for the boring times ahead until i get a new (aka good) PC.

Yeah, wind would be neat. If they could make smoke and small debris blow around with some degree of chaos and with out much of a CPU hit that would be totally cool.

I doubt these monsters are gonna have much hair for us to see so we probably won't be able to appreciate wind effects as we will with that hairy blue guy from Pixar's soon to be released Monsters Inc. Maybe the generation of FPS games after Doom3 will be played on computers fast enough to render details small enough such as 1000's of hairs per body or more.

It might be difficult to make good looking paper blow around, maybe if they did some scripted deformations like the way the flags move around in quake3.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I would love to see a Phobos snowstorm. Complete with cold, hard wind howling around you, smoke and snow going in all the right directions, and the sound of army boots on ice. Maybe even some frozen marine corpses or enemies that break trough ice walls and frozen water surfaces to get at you.

Actually flex surfaces are pretty easy to do. And even fixed animations look cool (Deus Ex has some neat blowing paper).

You can always make hair as a texture in a much larger poly incrusted in the model. By tesselating these "leafs" you can give enough flexibility to hair and fur. Same shit that we use today for cool looking clothes, only in a much larger scale.

soul Caliber did it on a dreamcast(hair blowing) so im pretty sure it will be possible