Cacodemon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Newfangled Doom > Doom 3 General > this would be cool

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 05:32. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
kain
Banned

it would be really cool if you could hold two things at onece in doom three. just think how much power you will have? like two bfg's.
example you have a bfg, and you find another one. most games just let you collect the ammo. it would be better if you could have two bfg's and shoot them at the same time. thats firepower.

Old Post 06-22-01 18:04 #
kain is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lüt
Administrator

No it wouldn't.

Old Post 06-22-01 18:26 #
Lüt is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Tetzlaff

You can´t carry a big fat weapon like the BFG with a single hand man! It´s too f&$%ng heavy!!

Old Post 06-22-01 19:09 #
Tetzlaff is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Xenoman

The BFG is way to heavy, lol.

Old Post 06-22-01 19:10 #
Xenoman is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Liam
the Bard formerly known as the Bard

Naw, I would hope that the doom 3 weapons would be powerful enough you to only need one of each.

Old Post 06-22-01 19:15 #
Liam is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Doom-Child
Wears the man-pants in this family

If you're good enough, you can kill a BFG whore with a freaking PISTOL, for crying out loud.

Bravery is not a function of firepower.

DC

Old Post 06-22-01 19:18 #
Doom-Child is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DoOmEr4LiFe
DoOm TiL dEaTh

what in the hell...if there is going to be any 2x guns in Doom 3 it better be the pistol and only the pistol...then again we dont want this to be like tomb raider now do we?

Old Post 06-23-01 07:08 #
DoOmEr4LiFe is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Zaldron
Sex Cauldron

I can understand akimbo pistols, hell, that's what I would OBVIOUSLY do. But heavier weapons? No, specially if id keeps the "more than 8 weapons" tradition of today FPSs.

Anyway, if you're going to take the ammo from dropped guns, then at least those should stay empty.

Old Post 06-24-01 02:10 #
Zaldron is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
maga
look deep into my eye

[quote]I can understand akimbo pistols, hell, that's what I would OBVIOUSLY do. But heavier weapons? quote]

thinck about akimbo chainguns...now that's a feeling, firing 2x3400 rounds per minute....

Old Post 06-25-01 06:07 #
maga is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
kain
Banned

so what if the bfg weighs 50 lbs and no one would be able to cary it in real life, but this is just a game. yah two double shout guns would do shit typ a bunch of imps

Old Post 06-25-01 22:09 #
kain is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Doom-Child
Wears the man-pants in this family

How would you load them? You'd have to put one down while you load one, and then put THAT one down to load the other one. They'd be all over you. No thanks. I may be crazy, but even I'm not THAT crazy.

DC

Old Post 06-25-01 22:16 #
Doom-Child is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DooMBoy
Heh
(but Stupidity still cannot be concealed)

Two Pistols-sounds like an idea to me.
Two of anything else-Mmmmm-uh, no. Doom3 is supposed to be more realistic. Carrying 2 BFGs would slow your Marine down, and the kickback would send you flying back a thousand feet. Same goes for Double RLs, Shotguns, and Chainguns or any other weapons besides the Pistol, except for Double Chainsaws. There's a thought.....

Old Post 06-26-01 18:24 #
DooMBoy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Jeremy

I have one thing to say: OPTIONAL..
Well, actually I have more to say. Pistol, Shotgun, Uzi/Machine-Gun, Gat.. NO OTHER WEAPON. And yea, Doom3 is going to be VERY FUCKING REALISTIC! Have you seen the Mac World Doom3/Ge_ForceIII demonstration? If you havent, GO DOWNLOAD IT, even if you have a 24k!

Old Post 07-03-01 23:44 #
Jeremy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Renegade_Style
Mini-Member

Ther should be alternative Fire option in DooM III,so a BFG has 2 or 3 Firemodi,but carrying 2 BFGs is not really good!

Old Post 07-04-01 08:17 #
Renegade_Style is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GollumGlitch
Warming Up

If its a weapon that you can hold with one hand, then yes it would be cool to have two of them. If its a heavy ass weapon that you need both hands for, no.

Old Post 07-06-01 03:28 #
GollumGlitch is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote