Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Dima

check out (non doom related)

First of all I think you should get your UBB code straight.

And secondly, I don't think the shot was altered. Anyone who's played the leaked Unreal 2 alpha with all the settings up knows the engine can pull off some amazing stuff. However, I think that scene must've ran really slow even on a GeForce3.

FlatHead - Link Is Working Now.

I changed the context also so check your reply.

Offtopic:
hmm.. when I wanted to visit id's software shopping link (http://www.idsoftware.com/shopping/smauls.html) then I found that:
Temporarily Unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience.

That means that they are currently working on that page (too) to upload RTCW there?

Depending on what I have seen in the DooM III videos I don't think that its an edited pic (imo the Doom shots are looking better). It looks a little bit too smooth for an ingame shot but I would say that there are no objects or flares which were not in the demo....

newer game--->better graphic.i'm not stun by that graphic much(maybe DOOM3 has spoiled me).but it's still nice looking.the blue soldier in first pic make me interested about enemy-team AI,and second pic make me wonder about friendly NPC.wanna look how good it will be.

It's probably fake. It's hard to accomplish that specific action scene just for design purposes. Most game magazines hire artists to recreate models and/or use original ones to develop content for articles, etc...

For example, yesterday I was visiting some artist's homepage, and some Heretic II stuff for PC Gamer was on his portfolio. They were real screenshots from the 2nd episode of that game, only enhanced. Corvus was replaced by the cinematic hi-poly model and the textures were fixed a litte (too much blur).

The 2nd shot could be real. I don't see why not. The only thing they could have added are the scattered light cones on the helmets and the glowing bits of the armor. But, then again, that's pretty easy to accomplish and it has been done for a long time already.