Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Dima

new kreed shots

Well Russian game developers likely don't have much experience in designing levels, but I gotta say that I tip my hat to those Russians for the engine being able to display "real" lightning!

Actually it's not THAT real. Looks like the shadows move realistically, true, but to fixed positions imposed by the level's script. So it's not like DOOM, where you could carry a torch everywhere and affect the lighting.

Actually it's not THAT real. Looks like the shadows move realistically, true, but to fixed positions imposed by the level's script. So it's not like DOOM, where you could carry a torch everywhere and affect the lighting.

Oh, I see. But it still looks more "real" than just about everything currently out there. So far, I've only seen Doom 3 surpass it (and Doom 3'll likely turn out to look far better than what we've seen so far).

It looks good to me. It looks better than most stuff out there IMHO. It is incomprehensible to me how people can see those shots & bag on them.

We've been seeing a lot more from non-usa developers. Croteam has done well w/ the serious engine. I think this Kreed engine looks good, I say good for them. It could be that the guys working in their garage who Carmack says he fears more than the big game companies could be overseas. :-)

I read w/ interest an article telling of how programming is starting to be farmed out overseas, where coders will work for 10$/hr. At least this one corporation in the article was doing it.

Anyone know what happened to Enclave?

Right, it looks better than most stuff out there, but people are bashing the screens for the poor level design. And while Kreed looks good, it isn't as impressive as the new Doom game.

So far we have only seen two low-quality videos (tech tests) of Doom 3, but I've already read from those few who have seen the actual game with their own eyes that it looks much better in person than seeing the videos.