Reaper Grimm
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Newfangled Doom > Doom 3 General > Classic Doom 3 mod

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 06:09. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Solid Snake

Its a really good mod, but does anyone know a mod that has all episodes of Original Doom, or all levels of Doom 2 with Doom 3 graphics and stuff?

Old Post 06-06-09 11:35 #
Solid Snake is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Ultimate DooMer
(former) /newstuff Chronicler

It's a good thing I don't post on the Doom 3 boards.

Old Post 06-06-09 13:12 #
The Ultimate DooMer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Texas Libra

OK, thing is, the only reason episode 1 was made for Doom 3 is because it's the only episode that's available for free as shareware. It would be totally illegal to make the rest of the game and Doom 2 without some kind of licensing agreement from id.

And...I see a username change in your near future by a mod ;)

Old Post 06-06-09 13:42 #
Texas Libra is offline Profile || Blog || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
printz
CRAZY DUMB ZEALOT

Texas Libra said:
OK, thing is, the only reason episode 1 was made for Doom 3 is because it's the only episode that's available for free as shareware. It would be totally illegal to make the rest of the game and Doom 2 without some kind of licensing agreement from id.
Alright, tell that to the TSoZD team over at the ZDoom forums.

And...I see a username change in your near future by a mod ;)
There's also a Mancubus III at the ZDoom forums :) Nevertheless, similar usernames are fun, and I guess we're smart enough to distinguish them.

Old Post 06-06-09 15:35 #
printz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Solid Snake

Ok, ill get this mod thing then, thanks for a quick reply.

Old Post 06-06-09 19:26 #
Solid Snake is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Mancubus II
Purple is not a breakfast color

printz said:
There's also a Mancubus III at the ZDoom forums :) Nevertheless, similar usernames are fun, and I guess we're smart enough to distinguish them.

Who what where?! I will destroy etc!

Old Post 06-07-09 00:19 #
Mancubus II is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
geo
Forum Staple

I've seen a DOOM II remake mod, but the catch was that you can't exit any of the levels. You had to warp to the next level.

The Classic Doom 3 mod was great, but it wasn't very fun. It was overwhelming and daunting to die over and over. Luckily I was in muultiplayer so I just respawned. I couldn't fathom having to go through that set of levels without dying.

Old Post 11-25-09 02:22 #
geo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DoomUK
Forum Staple

Texas Libra said:

There's nothing illegal about recreating content from one game in another as a mod, provided that none of the original assets are used and everything is built from scratch - and, of course, that you don't charge people monies. The Doom64 TC could otherwise never have happened, legally speaking.

What stops most "amateurs" from remaking an entire game from the yesteryear in a more contemporary platform is the sheer amount of work involved, assuming it's to be taken seriously and not consist of a collection of crude BoxMaps™ with enemies thrown in. Maps and other content take far longer to construct than they did 15 years ago. Hence, I believe, why Classic Doom was only a re-imagining of the first episode of Doom.

Old Post 11-25-09 08:12 #
DoomUK is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
geo
Forum Staple

The Classic Doom mod required some major work. It requires major work to even get through it! You can't just run through, mow down all enemies or get past them without killing them like you could in the original Doom. There are really nice details with these maps, like the hellfire hallway in E1-M6. It is because of that Hellfire that made me go through E1-M7 instead of skipping it, because it was getting to be (tough > (fun*4))

Old Post 11-25-09 16:01 #
geo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
kristus
Megablast!

Classic Doom 3 mod is shit. That is all.

Old Post 11-28-09 11:49 #
kristus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
8-Ball
Warming Up

How can you use the mod?

Old Post 02-15-10 01:18 #
8-Ball is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Whoo
Forum Regular

Make a folder in your Doom 3 folder named "lms". Extract the files into that folder. Start Doom 3, and in the lower right corner of the screen you will see "Mods". Click on it, and "Last Man Standing" should be in the box that appears. Click it, and then click "Load Mod".

Old Post 02-15-10 01:33 #
Whoo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
8-Ball
Warming Up

it did not work. I am using doom 3 off of steam. I typed "Ims" exactly as you see in the quotes as the folder name when I was in the Doom 3 directory.

Old Post 02-15-10 02:09 #
8-Ball is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Whoo
Forum Regular

Er, sorry about that. Been awhile since I've done anything with that mod. Run the executable for lms4, and when prompted where to extract type wherever your Doom 3 folder is. After it's done a lms4 folder will appear in the folder.

Old Post 02-15-10 02:26 #
Whoo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
8-Ball
Warming Up

where is the Ims4 executeable

Old Post 02-15-10 04:13 #
Whoo
Forum Regular

http://doom3coop.com/downloads.php

Old Post 02-15-10 04:30 #
8-Ball
Warming Up

I am giving this a try. I will take a while to get back to you.

Old Post 02-15-10 04:47 #
bimlanders

I haven't played Doom 3 since about 2005. But I thought I'd give it another chance when I came across this mod. Hey, it's "Knee Deep in the Dead," my favorite set of Doom levels - ever! I'll bet that it's much more fun than the original Doom 3, being that it's based around action and not scripted stuff. But really, the gameplay just feels clunky and slow paced. When the fun factor takes a dip, I don't care how awesome the graphics look. Plus, everything is more dark. And what happened to the mountain skyline?

Old Post 05-02-10 06:32 #
bimlanders is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
KingofBabylon
Loser

It's not that great of a mod actually.

Old Post 06-23-10 04:16 #
KingofBabylon is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Intel17

iunno, I played it a while back, expecting a lot. But really? It's just the E1 layouts with the dark, plastic feel. Why don't they re-make E1 with the hi-res texture pack for the original DOOM? Wait...that'd be a great project for an engine like Q3's, since DOOM 3's lighting model kind of sucks for this kind of game.

Old Post 06-23-10 20:25 #
Intel17 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Solid Snake

It's nice that people are keeping alive my first thread ever. LOL :D

Old Post 06-23-10 21:02 #
geo
Forum Staple

By necroposting.

Old Post 06-23-10 21:45 #
Deeforce
Forum Regular

Here we go.

Old Post 06-25-10 20:31 #
Deeforce is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote