Cyberdemon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Newfangled Doom > Doom 3 General > How can I downgrade a Windows install of Doom 3?

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 01:40. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
chungy

For a few mods I've encountered, 1.3 is required and 1.3.1 won't work... I only have Doom 3 via Steam, so I can't just use original install DVDs (don't have them) to simply upgrade to 1.3. It is possible to install the 1.3.1 patch even when it doesn't detect a Doom 3 install (and this makes it possible to make a copy on Steam independent from Steam...), but 1.3 will not install in this manner and I can't figure out how to extract the files from the installer either.

Basically... I'm stumped.

Old Post 08-14-09 23:34 #
chungy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Tetzlaff

Someone made a mod that allows you to play 1.3 in 1.3.1:

http://www.the-emz.com/run13on131/

Old Post 08-16-09 11:34 #
Tetzlaff is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
chungy

Thanks, that worked perfectly.

Old Post 08-17-09 19:17 #
chungy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Tetzlaff

Youīre welcome. I also was happy to find this, because some cool mod projects where released in the 1.3 time and later abandonend (like Quake2 Lost Marine).

Old Post 08-18-09 22:01 #
Tetzlaff is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
kristus
Megablast!

Yeah I asked Kiltron about upgrading it. But he basically said "fuck off".

Old Post 08-18-09 23:04 #
kristus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Tetzlaff

kristus said:
Yeah I asked Kiltron about upgrading it. But he basically said "fuck off".

Why? Because now it should all be about Dark Salvation?

Old Post 08-20-09 12:52 #
audiodef

I tried using this to get the captions mod to work, but it was a no go.

Free music for free minds: http://www.audiodef.com

Old Post 04-21-10 14:54 #
audiodef is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
kristus
Megablast!

Tetzlaff said:
Why? Because now it should all be about Dark Salvation?

I suppose so.

Old Post 04-21-10 15:56 #
kristus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Tetzlaff

That reminded me to check out the Dark Salvation demo. So far I like the visual design of the levels, feels like a singleplayer mission for Quake3 with that special gothic style. Donīt like the weapons though, they feel kind of tacky and take up too much of the screen. Havenīt progressed much because of obscure puzzles. Also the demo crashes every time I try to configure the controls.

Old Post 05-07-10 15:36 #