Doom Comic
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Newfangled Doom > Doom 3 General > if Doom 3...

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 07:35. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
DoOmEr4LiFe
DoOm TiL dEaTh

if id had to get rid of an original enemy (for technical reasons i guess...whatever lets just say some higher power was forcing them to get rid of an original monster)and they couldnt decide which enemy to get rid of...what would you suggest?? personally i would get rid of the pain elemental..just out of curiosity since this forum has been dead lately...

Old Post 06-26-01 01:18 #
DoOmEr4LiFe is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
maga
look deep into my eye

I think they should get rid of the Cyberdemon !

nah, just kiding.... I couldn't pick one, believe me.

Old Post 06-26-01 04:55 #
maga is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DooMBoy
Heh
(but Stupidity still cannot be concealed)

Either the Chaingunner or the Pain Elemental. The Chaingunner blasts you repeatedly, and you take way too much damage. The Pain Elemental keeps burping up Lost Souls at you, and that means you have to keep killing Lost Souls before you can even get to the PE.
Hmmmm, come to think of it, I might take out the Lost Soul while I'm at it...

Old Post 06-26-01 15:14 #
DooMBoy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Doom-Child
Wears the man-pants in this family

I think I'd nix the arachnotron. They are, in my mind, at least a thousand times more annoying than Chaingunners, because if you're not moving, they can't miss. That just bugs the crap out of me.

DC

Old Post 06-26-01 15:35 #
Doom-Child is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Liam
the Bard formerly known as the Bard

I dunno... I guess if I had to pick one, I would say the revenant. I like'em, but they were basically just tougher imps with homing shots. I want to say the pain elemental, but he does add a little something to the game, even if that little something is a pain in the ass to deal with.

Old Post 06-26-01 15:56 #
Liam is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Disorder
Boards of Canada

Cacodemon HAS to look different in Doom3.
If it still looks the same, they should throw that damn demon away. I like it, but all it needs is a darker look.

Everytime I play doom, I think I'm playin SuperMario Bros. caus of those damn caco's =) They look tooooo.. Eerrrrh... Happy.

Old Post 06-26-01 18:39 #
Disorder is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Zaldron
Sex Cauldron

EVERY SINGLE ONE

For DooM 3 to scare us they must physically alterate each one SO much so we can't connect them easily with their old incarnations.

If we're used to them, how can they scare us? Each one needs a facelift in behavior too.

Old Post 06-26-01 19:44 #
Zaldron is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DoOmEr4LiFe
DoOm TiL dEaTh

that an interesting thought zaldron...

Old Post 06-27-01 00:35 #
DoOmEr4LiFe is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
doomsick
no need for a title.

pain elemental...but you gotta admit, "pain elemental" is a sweet name...

Old Post 06-27-01 02:05 #
doomsick is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Renegade_Style
Mini-Member

@Zaldron
That`s true !
But i think, there will be a lot of new enemies in the game and they will be scary i hope !

Why is ID so miserly with news ???????

Old Post 06-28-01 10:47 #
Renegade_Style is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Xenoman

You could get rid of the chaingunner and add in a new type of human/zombie.

The zombie with the "pistol" isn't any fun, it would be alittle more challenging with a zombie with a rocket launcher or so (lol, think of that in Doom 1 or 2).

But remember, D3 will probably be much more realistic and it would look kinda cool if you entered an outdoor area and you suddenly see a human/zombie starting to aim his rocket launcher at you and fire.

Main thing is, how could a damn zombie control a rocket launcher? Bleh...

Old Post 06-28-01 14:04 #
Xenoman is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GollumGlitch
Warming Up

I think they should get rid of all eneimes that I have a hard time killing, or that hurts me alot.

Yeah, I know it sounds stupid, but thats what you are basicly saying about the pain elemental. I agree with Zaldron. They should all get image and behavior changes.

Old Post 06-28-01 17:17 #
GollumGlitch is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Zaldron
Sex Cauldron

Everytime a new monster rushs through shadows, I wanna think "WTF WAS THAT!?!?" not "Yay! I saw a Demon!".

Of course, things like zombies can't be changed that much in looks. What I saw was more than enough for me.

But the spawns, they should change them all. Afterall, the horrors from Beyond should be scary, not familiar.

Old Post 06-28-01 23:47 #
Zaldron is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote