Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Demon101

Stupid things you done in Doom 3

Demon101 said:

What are the stupidest things You done in Doom 3? (ROE allowed)

I filled a room full of soda cans, then had fun with the rocket launcher. On the ensuing blast, the game froze for about 10 minutes calculating where all the cans should go.

dumbest thing I have done in DOOM3...

seeing how far I could make it through hell (well this is actually in ROE) with just a rocket launcher.

Not too hard for a while, but you will kill yourself at least 6 times before beating the level.

Philnemba said:

Pointlessly playing too much Super Turbo Turkey Puncher 3.

I liked that martian buddy thing and stayed on that for a while.

Another dumbthing i did was attemt to punch a demon to death.

btw did you know giant teeth are more effective than fists?

Philnemba said:

Pointlessly playing too much Super Turbo Turkey Puncher 3.

Yeah I did that for way too long, got a high score too.

Cheating for a pistol in the introduction, shooting all the NPCs I can, and then noclipping through the walls so I can shoot Swann and Betruger.

GhostlyDeath said:

I filled a room full of soda cans, then had fun with the rocket launcher. On the ensuing blast, the game froze for about 10 minutes calculating where all the cans should go.

How did you do that?

audiodef said:

Jumping over railings to see whether it'd be fatal.

Oh fucking yeah. Once, I got killed by being crushed by those pumps from Mars City Underground. They were those pumps next to the optional coded terminal that shuts down the leaks (even now I don't know where it leads; it must be a secret, because it's not very obvious to find).

printz said:

even now I don't know where it leads; it must be a secret, because it's not very obvious to find

After using the console that shuts off the leak, go back to the room where you saw the imp cutscene/intro. The jet of flame has been stopped allowing you to walk down the corridor to pick up a health pack and shit.

Jumped into the particle scrubber (or whatever) pit in god mode. I don't know if that normally kills you, but the screen vibrated every second or two and I couldn't find a way out.

Play it.

I keed, I keed!
I went on a flashlight only killing spree. Naturally, one doesn't make it very far.

It cracked me up the way the spider demons disintegrated when you smack them with the flashlight. They're like naughty little kids that won't let daddy play.

Another stupid thing: spending time kicking chairs and boxes around. Just cuz you can. Was there ever any time when you needed to push a chair around to save your life?

audiodef said:

It cracked me up the way the spider demons disintegrated when you smack them with the flashlight. They're like naughty little kids that won't let daddy play.

You tried to melee out the trites? Whenever I tried that, I missed, and they hit me instead.

Another stupid thing: spending time kicking chairs and boxes around. Just cuz you can.

You know you've been playing too much Doom 3 when you start punching empty cardboard boxes to see how they bounce around.

Was there ever any time when you needed to push a chair around to save your life?

Not by punching or pushing them around with your hands. The Doom 3 monsters are strong enough to remove any obstacles they encounter. But in Doom 3 resurrection of Evil, you can turn the chairs into deadly projectiles by using the Grabber gun. Also, they're ammo for the vagary, quite hard to avoid.

How about jumping up and down in front of the other human characters while they're talking? Or jumping on the desk/table of anyone sitting down and doing a jump dance? It would be something if the other characters were programmed to react to that.

printz said:

Not by punching or pushing them around with your hands. The Doom 3 monsters are strong enough to remove any obstacles they encounter. But in Doom 3 resurrection of Evil, you can turn the chairs into deadly projectiles by using the Grabber gun. Also, they're ammo for the vagary, quite hard to avoid.

I know that she throws rocks at you, but if you spawn a chair or a box, does she throw that at you?

Demon101 said:

What are the stupidest things You done in Doom 3? (ROE allowed)

Jumped off a ledge to my doom, twice. (No pun intended)

In the room with the leaking radioactive material and the robot arm, I cracked myself up when I found I could incinerate everything within reach of the arm - including the mop bucket and the dead guy in the middle of the floor. Although I thought it was far funnier to drop the mop bucket into the incinerator than the dead guy.

Plotting how to kill all non hostile characters encountered during the game by punching them, so that they would land in stupid poses. Make the player look at his neck from the security monitor...

I'm gonna have to go with standing there at the beginning, watching that one guy type, and then feeling sheepish when he started typing about what a creep I am. Also, various incidents involving me standing too close to exploding barrels, especially when I was the one who set them off.

I'll have to go back to the beginning and see the typing guy type about what I creep I am.

I cheated with the "give all" cheat (every weapon+ammo+health) in the very first level where you don't have guns normally. Then I shot the civilians. omg O_o! I don't do it anymore.

How do you shoot the civvies? When you have the target aimed at them, the default action is "talk", not "shoot".

You can use your fists to kill in the beginning as well; aim your crosshairs slightly off to the guys face (so theres no talk command) then as soon as you start the punch, flick the mouse so your attack connects their face: resulting in a 1-hit gib knockout.

With the pistol, you can either shoot from far away or off the face so that inaccuracy contributes to the 'accident.'

You can get some people's PDAs this way.