Ouchface
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Newfangled Doom > Doom 3 General > Red lights in alpha lab?

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 03:32. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
audiodef

I'm in the Alpha Lab, in the room next to the device shooting plasma down the hallway. The screen went red and fuzzy for a moment, as if all the lights went out and there was a hazy red fail-safe light. What was that all about?

Free music for free minds: http://www.audiodef.com

Old Post 04-21-10 22:47 #
audiodef is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
audiodef

I think it has to do with monster spawning, although I dunno why everything appears to freeze and go red while it's happening.

Free music for free minds: http://www.audiodef.com

Old Post 04-22-10 16:51 #
audiodef is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
PRIMEVAL

Part of the scare factor. It's supposed to represent the evil presence in the room I guess.

Last time I was in that area, the Imp that spawned there was killed by the plasma thing. When that happened, I couldn't breathe.

Old Post 04-22-10 19:26 #
PRIMEVAL is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Quasar

audiodef said:
I think it has to do with monster spawning, although I dunno why everything appears to freeze and go red while it's happening.

Yeah. It's called a psychic vision or something. You get kinda tired of it before the game is over, especially when the thing doesn't release you in time to avoid the incoming monsters.

Old Post 04-22-10 19:43 #
Quasar is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
printz
CRAZY DUMB ZEALOT

I think the Phobos Anomaly from KDiZD for Doom 1 suffersmakes you suffer from something similar :P Damned buildings...

Old Post 04-22-10 19:45 #
printz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote