Sarge
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Newfangled Doom > Doom 3 General > Stop the burns!

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 09:11. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Clonehunter
Forum Staple

Well, really, I just want to know if its possible to not have the demon bodies burn away, and stick around like every one else (Until you blast them enough times of course). IS thier any way to do that? After whipping out an Imp with just a pistol vs claws and I make it out alive with 1% health, I would really like to see the mothefucker which I just sent back to hell, and then shhot him till he gibs like a zombie (Or just burn away like before.)

Old Post 07-13-10 23:37 #
Clonehunter is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
kristus
Megablast!

Yes, iirc you just need to edit away their burnaway from the .def file.

Old Post 07-13-10 23:40 #
kristus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Clonehunter
Forum Staple

Alright thanks, I'll look through that

Old Post 07-13-10 23:48 #
Clonehunter is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Clonehunter
Forum Staple

um... what def file?

Old Post 08-31-10 20:46 #
Use3D
Forum Legend

The def files can be found in the pak000.pk4 file iirc. PakExplorer may be able to open these. Winzip too if my memory serves.

Last edited by Use3D on 09-01-10 at 07:09

Old Post 09-01-10 00:05 #
Use3D is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Tetzlaff

Each monster has itīs own .def file, so you can modify the burnaway times individually. For my personal small mod I left the burnaway time unchanged for the flying monsters (because a firey instant death fits them well), but set the burnaway for Imps and the other demons to 6.00, so the corpses stay for a while and then ignite after a time, as if the hellish substance couldnīt last any longer in the material realm.

Old Post 09-01-10 12:41 #
Tetzlaff is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
printz
CRAZY DUMB ZEALOT

Tetzlaff said:
but set the burnaway for Imps and the other demons to 6.00, so the corpses stay for a while and then ignite after a time, as if the hellish substance couldnīt last any longer in the material realm.
Some creepyness opportunities were just missed by id when making Doom 3. As if they couldn't decide whether to make a FPS or sensationalist game.

Old Post 09-01-10 14:11 #
printz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Clonehunter
Forum Staple

Tetzlaff said:
Each monster has itīs own .def file, so you can modify the burnaway times individually. For my personal small mod I left the burnaway time unchanged for the flying monsters (because a firey instant death fits them well), but set the burnaway for Imps and the other demons to 6.00, so the corpses stay for a while and then ignite after a time, as if the hellish substance couldnīt last any longer in the material realm.

Ah, so its all individual. Got it. I toguht it was just like one file which controls all. Not a single burn.def like I thought there would be lol.

Old Post 09-02-10 01:32 #